Goodbye Jesus

Dazed And Confused

Guest mousie

Hello everyone, my name is mousie and I'm new to this form. I'm recently left the pentecostal church and have many mixed feelings. I know it was the right thing to do in my heart, but sometimes it feel like I am making the biggest mistake ever. Is that normal? Anyways I just wanted to say hello, I'm in more of a watching place right now.

look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

mousie :unsure:

I'd say your feelings are completely normal, and to be expected! I am glad you found this place, and hope it helps you. I think having like-minded people around you and supporting you will make this transition easier.

How long were you involved with the church?

Welcome, mousie :wave:

I understand the Pentecostals really mess with your mind, with all the hootin' and making of a fuss in church. That stuff really plays with a person's mind.

Well, I was Catholic before I kicked Jebus to the curb. For a time, right in the beginning, I thought I was "evil" because I couldn't make myself care about Xianity anymore, or follow Catholic law.

Over time, with enough education, soul-searching, and honesty on my part, I weaned myself off of that built-in fear that most any Xian sect installs in us. Now, I am godless and happy, having taken many myriad paths to get here - and who knows where I'll go from here?

Well, I do know I won't go to Hell - because there isn't one ;)

Hang in there, and welcome again!

Guest Thoth-Amon

Hello everyone, my name is mousie and I'm new to this form. I'm recently left the pentecostal church and have many mixed feelings. I know it was the right thing to do in my heart, but sometimes it feel like I am making the biggest mistake ever. Is that normal? Anyways I just wanted to say hello, I'm in more of a watching place right now.

look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

mousie :unsure:

Yup totally normal. I still feel that way sometimes.

I'd like to join in welcoming you to the forums mousie.

I think that your feelings of uncertainity are perfectly normal. Many an advice giver has said here to the newly unconverted to give yourself some time. I think that's fairly good advice. If you've ever been patient with others, then now might be the time to patient with yourself.

I know it was the right thing to do in my heart, but sometimes it feel like I am making the biggest mistake ever.

Do I ever remember that stage! Hang in there. You'll come out the other side.

Greetings, mousie, and welcome to the ex-christian.net.

If you see and know that leaving the pentecostals was the right thing to do in your heart, then affirm it, it was indeed the right thing to do. That post-exit feeling of "ooh, what if I made a mistake" is just the residual left by that guilt feeling that fundamentalist groups constantly hammer into your brain. My wife is an ex-pentecostal, and she came out strong-minded, never looking back. I believe that you will eventually arrive at the same place, but as the others have said, you'll experience that emotional turmoil initially. Have no fear, for there is nothing at all to fear. Live life free of the unreasonable guilt, shame, and enslavement that is fundie christianity. It has no place in your life any longer.

Enjoy the community, and feel free to post comments...welcome!

"Every sensible man, every honest man, must hold the Christian sect in horror." (Voltaire)

"Every sensible man, every honest man, must hold the Christian sect in horror." (Voltaire)

I never knew that! I mean, I did not know that a famous Western person made such a bold claim. Thank you so much for posting it.

Guest Lady Heather

Well, change is different and this is something new but you are in the right place.

It can be difficult after so much religious programming (especially if you were a child and the programmers were parental authority figures). In time, you will be okay. If this is your first time taking a step away from the way things were, you might fall back into it out of fear and feeling isolated and alone with your individuality of thoughts and ideas (this is what happened to me several times). It is important to talk with people --like minded people or it could take years for the deconversion process to take its course.

I hope to see you around