Goodbye Jesus

10 reasons you are not a Christian

orthodox christian

List 10 reasons you are not a Christian. :Look:

List 10 reasons you are not a Christian. :Look:

You might want to read some of the testimonies and other info on this site.... you can probably find well more than 10 reasons.

Why do you want to know, anyway?

Guest Son of Belial

1 - It's bullshit.

2 - It's bullshit.

3 - It's bullshit.

4 - It's bullshit.

5 - It's bullshit.

6 - It's bullshit.

7 - It's bullshit.

8 - It's bullshit.

9 - It's bullshit.

10 - It's bullshit.

Don't care to be one.

n

1 - 10, Christianity is not based upon reality.

Guest MalaInSe
1 - It's bullshit.

2 - It's bullshit.

3 - It's bullshit.

4 - It's bullshit.

5 - It's bullshit.

6 - It's bullshit.

7 - It's bullshit.

8 - It's bullshit.

9 - It's bullshit.

10 - It's bullshit.

You forgot "I don't smoke crack."

Oh yeah, and my tinfoil hat isn't an aceptable form of head cover in sunday go to meeting days..

n

I embrace logic, not faith, to find truth in this world.

Logic has not shown any religious faith to be true.

Despite my mother taking me to church when I was younger, I remained unconvinced that there is even a God, Jesus, Heaven, Satan, Hell, or any afterlife.

Being unconvinced that an afterlife exists, I have no fear of eternal punishment.

Logical thinking has helped me solve many more problems than faith.

I do not burden myself with figuring out humanity's origins or purpose. As far as I am concerned, we have existed, we have made innovations to improve life, we have also made mistakes. We exist today, and we all should strive to improve quality of life for humanity for the sake of experience.

I feel like a better person not being constrained by beliefs that are not proven true.

That's seven, maybe I will think of three more.

10 reasons you are not a Christian, What keeps you away from Christianity

1. Nothing keeps anyone away from Christianity. It is everywhere you turn.

2. Christianity

3. Is

4. The

5. Biggest

6. Bunch'o

7. Lies

8. Thathas

9. Everbinn

10. Told

Just wanna put this in order :)

I see, the folks have no order here, huh? (that is an approximation)

Thank you Khan and Bruce

1. I got tired of 1 ply toilet paper :HaHa:

2. Terribly tired of stale donuts :HappyCry:

3. The communion wine was really grape juice :Doh:

4. The communion wafers tasted like cardboard :loser:

5. The pastor was sleeping with my bestfriend (not his wife) :nono:

6. The church statement "We are the church were love is" didn't apply to gays/lebians, transgendered or anyone who didn't endorse their intolerant views :loser:

7. Tired of falling asleep during the service :vent:

8. They preach lies :Hmm:

9. They all wanted my money :twitch:

10. I prefer the smoking section and a good beer :lmao:

1. The Bible

2. The hundred versions of the bible

3. Hypocricy of Xtians

4. The non-responsivness of god

5. Money grubbing of the Church

6. Preachers not knowing thier own Bibles

7. Xtians not knowing thier own Bibles

8. "Everyone else going to hell but my sect" syndrom

9. Ignorance of thier own history

10. And as said above, it's all BULLSHIT

Just wanna put this in order :)

I see, the folks have no order here, huh? (that is an approximation)

Thank you Khan and Bruce

You are very much welcome. Many Christians come in here and lay judgement on us without even considering asking us why we are not Christians. I personally am not out to destroy Christianity. I would like people to draw conclusions for themselves, however. I would most prefer peaceful coexistence than to enter into argument about what the better world view is.

You are very much welcome. Many Christians come in here and lay judgement on us without even considering asking us why we are not Christians. I personally am not out to destroy Christianity. I would like people to draw conclusions for themselves, however. I would most prefer peaceful coexistence than to enter into argument about what the better world view is.

Yeah right!

You sound all nice'n fluffy now. But tell everyone what happens when you get left on a dead planet for one too many years.

You turn into a raging lunatic.

You're not fooling anyone here, KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I got to the clinic just after they closed on 'Free Lobotomy Day'.

Well, this is not just a curious inquiry, Khan :):wicked:

Vixentrox, that was a good input, thank you

1. Doctrine of hell.

2. Doctrine of hell.

3. Doctrine of hell.

4. Doctrine of hell.

5. Doctrine of hell.

6. Doctrine of hell.

7. Doctrine of hell.

8. Doctrine of hell.

9. Doctrine of hell.

10. Doctrine of hell.

1. I can read.

2. Invader Zim says we are all doomed.

3. I can't trust a man who professes peace and kindess, yet condones slavery.

4. Republicans "uphold" God.

5. Once again, I can read.

666. The voices in my head told me not to believe.

777. I'm happy on Earth without worrying about my afterlife.

8. Look, kids, it's the Rapture! Free shit! They won't need it!

9. Anne Rice made me see the light. 'cuz Memnoch said so.

10. Have you ever read the instructions on a box of toothpicks?

1.  The Bible

2.  The hundred versions of the bible

3.  Hypocricy of Xtians

4.  The non-responsivness of god

5.  Money grubbing of the Church

6.  Preachers not knowing thier own Bibles

7.  Xtians not knowing thier own Bibles

8.  "Everyone else going to hell but my sect" syndrom

9.  Ignorance of thier own history

10. And as said above, it's all BULLSHIT

Pretty much the same for me (I'm too damn lazy to write it all out myself). That, and I just don't believe.

My ten reason of no Xtianity

I'm 15.

1) Too much whack jobs to make Xtianity look credible

2) It is in same class as Easter Fairy, Lilluptians, Brodingnaginans and Santa, all fictional

3) Legalism

4) Hell because it was too terrible to read about.

5) God is evil as when he drowned people in the Flood, killing innocent people in towns.

6) Tiresome rituals.

7) There is millions of Gods but yet Xtianity claims to have the truth.

8) People pressure you to be better at it.

9) Sham healings. I've ben "Healed" but nothing happened.

10) Schism and etc..

Welcome, I hope you have a great stay at EXC. We'll treat you well.

I hope you all the best.

Why I Left Christianity:

1. It doesn't make sense that God, who is supposed to be immortal, is able to die in the first place much less die for our sins.

2. If God is so loving and forgiving, he should have been able to forgive our sins without any sacrifices or having his son (himself?) crucified. He commands us to forgive but can't do the same thing himself.

3. The books of the Bible were chosen by the predomenant sect of Christianity by commitee. The members of the commitee who voted against the majority where forcibly exiled. So much for God breathed scripture. More like politically breathed.

4. The Christians who were supposed to be the most loving and caring toward me treated me with great cruelty. It seemed that they knew the least about what real love was. My pastor was one of the most evil men I ever met and may be considered a sociopath.

5. I lost my father to a Christian cult. He saw me as evil just because I went to church. After finally letting me live with him, he disowned me after he had a drug relapse, blaming it on my presence in the home.

6. One of my boyfriends dumped me for an ex-nun as soon as he became a Christian. We had a sexual relationship and he said since he was only with me for the sex, he couldn't be with me anymore.

7. A fundy boyfriend dumped me after I refused to agree with being a stay at home mother and letting him be "head of the house hold". He also had a car accident which he blamed on his sexual relationship with me. He believed it was God's punishment.

8. The Bible depicts a god who'll kill a man just for not getting a woman pregnant and who slaughters the who human population and entire nations. Yet he commands humans not to kill.

9. Christianity promotes hatred of other races, advocates slavery, stoning people to death and punishing people for loving someone of the same gender. I can't bring myself to be that hateful.

10. Last, but not least, any human father who acted like the God Christians believe in, who would throw people in hell just for disbelief, never mind their actions, would be considered psychotic and put in prison. Yet Christians are supposed to love a god that would throw them in hell for eternity. They worship God out of fear, not out of love.

Now these weren't the only reasons I left, but listing them all could fill a whole book. I understand now why so many boyfriends kill their girlfriends after they reject them. They're just modeling their behavior after the Christian god. If they can't have their girlfriends, no one can. Same with Christian god, If He can't have you, no one can and he'll kill you too.

1. I have never really believed.

2. Many conservative Christians are HUGE hypocrits, and follow the teachings of Christ less closely than I, a non-Christian.

3. It's illogical and defies my common sense.

4. I believe in rational, critical thinking, and thus number 3 really comes up short.

5. I am a scientist, thus I cannot take the Bible literally, as science has disproved much of the creation stories and the like.

6. I have tried to read the bible. I have yet been able to get past the first creation story without going, "Wow. This is dumb. How can anyone believe this?" (I also happen to think it's a very boring read and badly written.)

7. The Christian God is arrogant, jealous, murdering, hypocritical, hateful, spiteful, slavery-condoning, bigotry-condoning, rape-condoning, and promotes senseless violence against those who disagree with Him.

8. The Christian religion has a horrible, terrible past that I cannot reconcile with.

9. Christian conservatives, especially the "Religious Right", are hypocritical and they also are trying to shove THEIR version of Christianity down the throats of everyone else, with is especially bad when they try to change the non-religous US government into a conservative Christian theocracy, while they are advocating the desctruction of theocracies based on all other religions.

10. I have never felt the need to be a Christian. I do not need Christianity to be a good, moral, law-abiding citizen and a good family member/friend. I feel that if I had to follow Christianity, then I would be forced against many of the tolerances I try to promote.

you had to give them all a sign, didn't you?

you had to covet what was mine, didn't you?

the ruiner's a collector he's an infector serving his shit to his flies

maybe there will come a day when those that you keep blind will suddenly

realize

maybe it's a part of me you took to a place I hoped it would never go

and maybe that fucked me up so much more than you'll ever know

Stroll through the testimonial section for all the reason you'll ever need, savvy?

Merlin

1. The "Sacrifice" - Jesus was only gone three days. This is not a sacrifice, especially considering that Jesus is God, and God is an eternal being.

2. Blatant absurdities - We know that people don't come back to life, but thanks to medical science, we understand why.

3. Contradictions - Eternal laws are apparently not eternal. Two deaths of Judas. No coherent series of events following Jesus' baptism.

4. Emotional appeal and scare tactics - Saved from eternity of hellfire.

5. Science - Genesis, a book written thousands of years ago by scientifically ignorant men, tells us that humans were made seperate from the animals. Science, a systematic catalogue of testable evidence, shows us that we are animals. Also, we are our brains. People don't come back to life after three days of no oxygen.

6. The "Changeless" God - The New Testament God and the Old Testament God are almost completely different characters.

7. Failure of prayer - Prayer has never yeilded anything even remotely miraculous. Everything attributed to prayer can be attributed plain old naturalistic chance.

8. Failed prophecy - Isaiah 17:1: "The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap." Behold! That never happened.

9. The need for apologetics - Why does the word of God need special people to clarify the Bible? Shouldn't an omnipotent being have been able to write a book which speaks to all generations?

10. The gospels were compiled by a committee.

Also see:

Bible Contradictions

Inerrancy Exposed