Goodbye Jesus

Christian Friend

Amethyst

One family friend had knee surgery, so I went over today to spend some time with her. She was walking around and well enough to go to Blockbuster to rent movies. We watched "Meet the Fockers." She liked it, I didn't. Well, anyway, after the movie we somehow got on the topic of religion -- I think it was because we were discussing meeting men (she's widowed) and I mentioned my born again cube mate.

So she says that she thought anyone who wasn't Christian goes to hell, and I told her that I no longer take the Bible literally. She says, well you still believe in something don't you? I said kind of. She seems to think that as long as you believe in something you don't go to hell, but that's really not what the Bible says.

Well, at least it's nice to know that not all Christians take that literally, but I find it kind of sad that she would have rejected me if I became an atheist someday.

I think I need to find some people who aren't Christian in real life, besides the guy I've been casually seeing. The problem is that unless you specifically seek people out (like at a freethought group), it's pretty hard to, because Minnesota is predominately a Christian state.

Maybe you're an Christian Atheist? :)

Maybe you're an Christian Atheist?

LOL, no. I'm neither. I don't believe in the Christian god and I don't know whether a god exists. I'm about 50% sure there is something or isn't. I just don't think we can ever really know.

With all the contradictions in the Bible, there shouldn't be any problems to be Christian Atheist. Has a sound to it...

Just like extreme leftwing republican moderat. It's pretty much covers it all :)