Goodbye Jesus

Evils Of Pokemon

Nihil

Of course it's evil - there's no Jebus :rolleyes:

I just read the entire thread and I still can't figure out what's "occult" or "demonic" about Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I think the show's garbage, but come on!

I just read the entire thread and I still can't figure out what's "occult" or "demonic" about Pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I think the show's garbage, but come on!

Yeah, I mean, I love anime, but this show is clearly made for little kids...I might understand if it had obvious references to Japaneses culture the way many anime do ( I mean, since Japan is almost totally non-christian), but I honestly don't understand why people get so freaked out about pokemon.

Perhaps it is because many kids spend so much time on it, with the card collecting and card battles and what not, Fundies don't like their kids being obsessed about anything...unless it is their religion.

:lmao: The kids are acting up in Sunday School so it must be attributed to occult forces taking control over the children and the teacher! The Japanese are perpetuating the occult through cartoons! Beware the Japanese! OH NOES!!!!!

'Cause you know...Kid's are just Gawd's innocent little lambs, and they wouldn't stray or act up because they think Sunday school is a boring crock of shit their parents force them to go to every weekend. Nope. Gotta be the Japanese leading them astray through doodles.

Yeah right! And SpongeBob Squarepants and Tinky Winky are sharing an apartment in San Francisco.

I don't get it : Little mutant creatures drawn from some young Japanese guy's wild imagination are evil, yet for for most xtians elves, fairies, hobbits, and other creatures of European folklore are considered to be ok for the kiddies.

Like I said once before I had a hard time showing my one fundie cousin my anime cat drawings. On the other hand when he came across my collection of monkey drawings, which looked like they came from an old WW2 era cartoon, he laughed quite hard about those. Then he gave me a glance like "WTF?!" when he saw those eeevil anime drawings of mine. He didn't say a thing but I know from the look on his face it was as if I had opened the doors to Hell by drawing those anime pictures. :asshole2::wicked:

How sad it would be to live ones life in fear of that which one does not comprehend nor understand. I couldn't imagine being afraid to let my child watch a cartoon...well, except for Veggie tales. There's something just too wrong about them! ;)

When I was younger, religious, and into the original three games, I was told repeatedly by people at church that it was role-playing and hence inherently evil...

Recently some secular sources are saying He-Man is gayer than SpongeBob or Tinky Winky. It's a surprise no xtians have caught on He-man's alledged sexuality though in the 80's He-man and the Masters of the Universe was getting all the same flack as Poke-mon is now. :Wendywhatever:

Yeah, I mean, I love anime, but this show is clearly made for little kids...I might understand if it had obvious references to Japaneses culture the way many anime do ( I mean, since Japan is almost totally non-christian), but I honestly don't understand why people get so freaked out about pokemon

Like all other anime being bought to the US and targeted at kids, Poke'mon is Westernized in the process. In its actual form in Japan, the show is teeming with references to Japanese culture. Many of these are considered not just misunderstood by American children (like the national doll day episode), but are no doubt enough to get the hackles of any Fox News commentator up (such as the episode where, in a beauty pageant, a male villain shows up dressed in a bikini and other female clothing).

If anime that is marketed towards children were shown in its actual form in the US, there would be hysteria. All we'd need to see is one cross-dresser, one Buddhist swastika, or one reference to something un-American, such as a Japanese holiday (Dragon Quest release day, anyone?), and sphincters across the country would tighten with xenophobic terror.

'Cause you know...Kid's are just Gawd's innocent little lambs, and they wouldn't stray or act up because they think Sunday school is a boring crock of shit their parents force them to go to every weekend. Nope. Gotta be the Japanese leading them astray through doodles.
Children are evil little monsters. Fuck Christians and fuck their whole, "We must see the world through the eyes of a child" shit. There is nothing more gullible than a child aiming to please. Arm them with a weapon, and you've got the potential for destruction. Put someone different in their midsts and tell them to fear them, and you've got the future Pope, or the future Grand Dragon of the KKK.

Which is exactly why Christians like kids so much. They're gullible, eager to please, and easy to shape with concerns to a Christian worldview. Jesus Camp, anyone?

Hating Pokemon is sooo early 2000. When you think about it, the show does have some pretty good messages: caring for others (even your enemies), standing up for what's right, and not giving up. Now imagine if those idiots got their hands on Xaolin Showdown, they'd go nuts: heroes and villians whose motives aren't always so black and white, magical items, bits of Asian wisdom, calling forth your personal element to enhance your powers, and there's even two minority characters for the closet racist branches to scream affirmitive action\PCness about (for some reason I can see Ann Coulter or O'Riley making some racist jokes.)

I'm not so sure about pokemon. Is it just me, or does it seem like Pikachu (sp?) sounds like he (she?) is orgasming everytime (s)he speaks?

All I can say is: :lmao:

I have to wonder also: How many years ago do you think it was that the voice of pikachu was canned because they could simply recycle his voice?

Theres still idiots going on about how pokemon is evil ? Wow.

I remember this discussion when i was a christian. Pokemon is evil because

*Pokemon type - Ghost type - (clearly demonic)

*Pokemon type - Psychic - (clearly pagan)

*Pokemon = Pocket Monster = too close to harry potter

*Pokemon evolve = clearly atheist

See it's evil............

Obviously they haven't watched the show if they found the non-christian references offensive. There are plenty more reasons to hate the show...meh.

I am reminded of why I don't go to that board. I prefer to run across threads that have actual coherent fucking though as opposed to keyboard based glossalia. Objective this, absolute that, how about some goddamn basic grammar and syntax from these dolts?

I'm not so sure about pokemon. Is it just me, or does it seem like Pikachu (sp?) sounds like he (she?) is orgasming everytime (s)he speaks?

I have now idea how they got that irritating voice for Pikachu, but it could be some some midget or a female J-Pop star I guess.

Just thought I'd throw this in there since we're talking about it, but the name "Pikachu" is a combination of the Japanese word "pika" meaning sparkle or a flash of lightning, and "chu" which is an onomotopeia of the sound a mouse makes, kind of like "squeak."

Just in case anyone is interested in Japanese etymology. I know, I watch too much anime. :)

All I can say that it was 90 or so minutes I'll never get back, referring to the movie. Yuck.

But, the kids in my family were into the cards, and I did enjoy their reactions when they opened their presents, and on the back I would tape a pack of cards. They would get out their books and tell me all about the characters. It was a sweet time I got to spend with them, because the parents were over listening to any more of it.

I remember Pokemon I remember the idiotic Christians foaming at the mouths. again. However I heard this around the time they were popular. I heard they were apparenty "evil" and whatnot. In my mind still a Christian it did not compute with me why they were evil.

But at my friends church he told me if you shredded all your Pokemon cards You got Bible cards :twitch:

I remember back when I was an x-tian I had a rabid fundy friend who would always talk about how Pokemon was evil because the pokeballs (the balls that shrink the Pokemon and hold them in stasis, for those unfamiliar with Pokemon terms) were magical devices. I also had another fundy friend whose mom took all of his tons and tons of Pokemon things and burned them because they were evil.

All I can say is: :lmao:

Every single one of 'em is about as mad as a cut snake!

Casey