Goodbye Jesus

Christers Coming Into Our House

Johnmilton

http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2006/07...to-be-nice.html

Mostly it's the blog where their insane, hateful gobblydygook gets to me. Is it not bad enough I have to put up with these uninvited and certainly unwelcome invaders coming to my door and driving by a billboard sign that says I'm going to hell every day a mile from my house, then come to a place of refuge like exchristian.net and read the vicious, nasty spewings from the likes of people like pyschobitch Carmen, Celestial, and a host of other fundamentalist anonymous trolls?

Their presence is largely for the greater good, I must admit, because it clearly encourages those who are on the fence with the christer cult to step on over when they see the same old shit being propagated (by morons who can't spell nor put together a proper sentence to save their lives). Also I guess it keeps us on our toes to have some form of nemesis lurking around the corner, makes things interesting, although so few of them can put together a basic argument at all, much less defend their outrageous claims.

But damnit, sometimes you just reach the boiling point. Especially when their shit comes after someone's thoughtful testimony.

What is their business here, other than to defend or push christerdom? Why are they allowed to have the group name "apologist" on our ex-christian site if they behave on the forum? If they want to be here so much, they can be in the same group like everyone else... new member, regular member... which is determined by their number of posts, no?

I have absolutely zero respect for these individuals, regardless of how well the write, pose or defend an argument, or how respectful they pretend to be to us. Fucking rats on our ship, I say.

Anyone else feel this way?

People speaking in defense of Xianity irritate me, and I especially am bothered by the fundies who come around now and then, but overall I'm fine with it since every stupid post they make is full of the same trash - and that helps us to highlight the foolishness of their religion. Not just for the sake of those who participate on the board regularly, but for those folks who come around and never post or don't even register. Who knows how many people have mused on by, read the posts of a Xian making a total fool of himself or herself, and read the excellent arguments posted in response?

There's no fool like an Abrahamic fool.

That, and I don't mind that they're grouped as "apologists" since that just helps identify them.

People speaking in defense of Xianity irritate me, and I especially am bothered by the fundies who come around now and then, but overall I'm fine with it since every stupid post they make is full of the same trash - and that helps us to highlight the foolishness of their religion. Not just for the sake of those who participate on the board regularly, but for those folks who come around and never post or don't even register. Who knows how many people have mused on by, read the posts of a Xian making a total fool of himself or herself, and read the excellent arguments posted in response?

I do agree, and truthfully I think it really does help people break free of the madness... as well as clearly demonstrating logic versus chronic logical fallacy... but man, sometimes... one of these days, Alice, one of these days... ;)

Instead of "apologist" it would be fun to put them under the category of "beliefur 'n intelligunt desine"

It would be hard to answer them without laughing.

It would be hard to answer them without laughing.

Isn't it already? :HaHa:

I'd like to point out that the particularly noxious christers have NOT been left with the relatively benign "apologist" listing as their group.

Either the Mods or the Admin have to option of getting mighty creative about what is listed there....and it's usually decently UN-flattering to the flapjaw in question...who can't do shit about it.

Which satisfies me just fine.

John,

As Dave's Garbageman and cleaner of broken teeth and windows around the "House of Dave", I give a lotta latitude towards the sectarians who decide to slug things out in every section BUT Testimonies.

Nothing exposed a goofy_assed_sectarian like posting on the ExC Boards. More they post, the more they are required to pull things out of the thin air, or off the pages of the newest LaHayHaHa books to make their points.

More they stay, more they dig themselves deep into a hole which they cannot extract out of.

"There once was I" a hella lot of we who are the Regulars here at ExC can read and be glad we are no longer.

For the goofy sectarians that do come and try and "raid the place for Jebuzz", have fun with them, enjoy knowing that a touch of rationality will hit them as they read replies to their messes.

If you have a hard time with any of them, drop a note to me, trash bag and hammer always handy..

kFL

On the one hand, I can't blame these people for doing what they do. After all, ex-Christians pose a serious threat to their religion. Our very existence contradicts the "once-saved-always-saved" dichotomy. Never mind that there is a verse that contradicts this doctrine. Christians certainly aren't paying any mind to it, and when they do, it's in the spirit of trying to show that you were never a Christian to begin with, that there was something missing, something that, naturally, only THEY have, thus making your claim to ex-Christendom and the verse in question null and void.

On the other hand, they are annoying. I have no doubt this inflates their egos beyond deflation. If we're angry at Christianity, then it must be right . . . right? Yeah, whatever. No one has ever gotten mad at me for pointing out that water is wet, so speaking truth does NOT result in proof by angering someone. When I say annoying, I mean more in the way that a child is annoying when they are fully convinced they have an imaginary friend. With Christianity, as with this, it is either that there is a pedophile in their closet molesting them when they go to sleep, or there's nothing there at all.

It's amusing seeing them try to fight with thier feeble logic and flawed bibles. Every once in a while a fence sitter breaks thier chains and joins the ranks of free-thinkers.

The only person who is an even greater danger to morontheism than an ex-morontheist is... a still-morontheist proudly showing off its braindeath. :fdevil:

Honestly, yeah they can be a fucking pain in the arse, but then, what better way to demonstrate what unspeakable idiots they are then listen to them babbling (or watch them struggling to post a complete sentence without typos)?

Honestly, sometimes I wish they weren't here. Christianity made my life a living hell, and this site has been therapy for me. It is my happy place away from the insanity of the Christ cult. I can come here and read messages from people who aren't intoxicated by a fictional diety with an attitude problem. And when I see apologists spewing all of their nonsensical drivel I get piping mad. Then I take a breathe and read their stupidity and the post make me happy that I'm no longer a Christian. So I take my fundies like I take my seasoning...just a dash.

So let them post their jibberish,

If you dont feel like responding,, dont,

If you DO feel like responding, Please feel free to gut them in technicolour.

But yes, we ought to encourage them to have, and maintain, distinct identitys,