Goodbye Jesus

Choose Your God

narcissist

http://www.godchecker.com/

From the site:

Welcome to Godchecker - your Guide to the Gods

We have more Gods than you can shake a stick at. Godchecker's Mythology Encyclopedia currently features over 2,850 deities.

Browse the pantheons of the world, explore ancient myths, and discover Gods of everything from Fertility to Fluff with the fully searchable Holy Database Of All Known Gods.

I like this from the FAQs: monotheism = monopoly= bad.

"It seems to us humble Godcheckers that Christians, Jews, Muslims, Protestants, Catholics, and Seventh-Day Jehovah's Mormons all devoutly worship the same Supreme Being. But the devil is in the details and, apart from confessing their devotion to the One True God, they can't agree on anything else. Which is very sad as this has caused a lot of unnecessary pain and suffering. :(

At Godchecker, we try to respect everyone's beliefs. We don't want to offend anyone in any way. But we'll just say this. Whether in business or religion, monopolies can be a very bad thing. Monotheism seems to bring out the worst in some people.

Polytheism, with its acceptance of many Gods and multiple beliefs, is not only more friendly and more fun, it's safer too. That's why we don't touch the biggie mainstream Gods. Jesus might sue us.

We sometimes receive quite angry emails telling us that the One True God is the only deity worth featuring. How dare you mention other Gods? they ask. We usually reply by asking what all the billions of people who've worshipped these deities over the past few thousand years would say to this. "

http://www.godchecker.com/

From the site:

Welcome to Godchecker - your Guide to the Gods

We have more Gods than you can shake a stick at. Godchecker's Mythology Encyclopedia currently features over 2,850 deities.

Browse the pantheons of the world, explore ancient myths, and discover Gods of everything from Fertility to Fluff with the fully searchable Holy Database Of All Known Gods.

Polytheism, with its acceptance of many Gods and multiple beliefs, is not only more friendly and more fun, it's safer too. That's why we don't touch the biggie mainstream Gods. Jesus might sue us.

Well, they must have changed their minds because they now have an entry for Jesus under the Middle Eastern gods.

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/middle-...=JESUS&ds=N

They also now include Allah and Jehovah in their listings. Funny thing is, Satan is listed as #1 for the top ten Middle Eastern gods. :HaHa:

Well, they must have changed their minds because they now have an entry for Jesus under the Middle Eastern gods.

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/middle-...=JESUS&ds=N

They also now include Allah and Jehovah in their listings. Funny thing is, Satan is listed as #1 for the top ten Middle Eastern gods. :HaHa:

I noticed that, too. It's a decent resource.

My little "answer" to the gods question when I first joined this forum was, "I have time for only ONE." That's true. I am monotheist. BUT the point about polytheism at godchecker.com is well taken. When one is open to the possibility of many gods and many truths likely one won't brandish his sword to protect his one specific one. He'll brandish the sword for others reasons, of course, but not to fight for his one and only god.

Perhaps a suitable compromise, and doctrinally authentic one for monotheists, would be to withhold judgment. I often say, "I don't believe in Whatever, but I don't disbelieve in Whatever, either." I guess it's a weak form of atheism about that particular god/belief/idea. Meanwhile, I still am able to find inspiration in many of the teachings/scriptures/lessons of that god-idea in which I neither believe nor disbelieve.

-CC