Goodbye Jesus

Origins Discussion On Msnbc

MrBungle

That was a great read, thanks for posting it.

It is always the same, brianiacts trying to find the “meaning of whatever”, ignoring the facts staring them straight in the face.

There could be no creation without a creator!!!!!!!

Invictus,

Why don't you enlighten us on the facts?

There are no facts

That’s the point!!!

There is only conjecture. In the end, we are left wondering how did it all happen???

Because natural explanations only leave us going in circles with “scientific” contradictions, we are left only with the supernatural.

But “free thinking” brianiacts are “too smart” to ever think outside of the box!!!

I don't know what a brainiact is, but

American Heritage Dictionary - brain·i·ac (brā'nē-āk') Pronunciation Key

n. Slang

A highly intelligent person

It is always the same, brianiacts trying to find the “meaning of whatever”, ignoring the facts staring them straight in the face.
Then:

There are no facts

Who is going in circles?

Taphophilia,

If the best you can do is nitpick over spelling, you are basically proving my point.

Like I said, there are no “facts”. That is why neither of us are offering any.

Feel free to lead us all to the circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taphophilia,

If the best you can do is nitpick over spelling, you are basically proving my point.

Like I said, there are no “facts”. That is why neither of us are offering any.

Feel free to lead us all to the circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't make a statement saying there were facts, you did. I just asked you to back up your statement.

Aren't you the militant little fundy?

Well, my militant little fundy self has determined that you are missing the big picture.

If you want to discuss facts, great!!!

Why don’t you enlighten this militant little fundy (or fuddy, or whatever) on how life can evolve from objects with no life?

Tell me how dead “evolves” into life!!!

Can you disprove my original FACT? Can you show how it is possible to have a creation without a Creator???????????????

I'm not strong enough on science to debate it, I leave that for the others who are.

Are you always this angry and defensive?

Why would you call me defensive or angry when you were the first to begin the name calling?

I’m not angry or defensive, just simply stating FACT as best my little “fundy” self can.

And the simple FACT is, there are no FACTS to show how life came from anything but Something we can’t explain.

It is a FACT, there are NO FACTS.

It is the ultimate circle!!!!!!

:twitch:

And the simple FACT is, there are no FACTS to show how life came from anything but Something we can’t explain.

So because science cant answer something yet you choose to believe the easiest thing? You give a name and a reason to everything you cant explain. Rational people try and find out why something happened through hard work and the scientific method.

... how life can evolve from objects with no life?...Tell me how dead “evolves” into life!!!

Can you disprove my original FACT? Can you show how it is possible to have a creation without a Creator???????????????

Chemistry does the trick. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_life

Experiments were performed by Stanley Miller starting in 1953, under simulated conditions resembling those then thought to have existed shortly after Earth first accreted from the primordial solar nebula. The experiments are called the "Miller experiments". The original experiment in 1953 was done by Miller as a graduate student and his professor Harold Urey. The experiment used a highly reduced mixture of gases (methane, ammonia and hydrogen).... It was once thought that appreciable amounts of molecular oxygen were present in the prebiotic atmosphere, which would have essentially prevented the formation of organic molecules; however, the current scientific consensus is that such was not the case.

The experiment showed that some of the basic organic monomers (such as amino acids) that form the polymeric building blocks of modern life can be formed spontaneously.

No, it is not a *simple* fact that something must have created the universe. It is a *simple* fact that before science came into the picture, early man had no way to explain natural phenomena and it was through their ignorance (not willful by any means) that they resorted to claiming that *something* must've made the natural world in which they lived. Hence the creation of the numerous creation myths that started long before judaism and christianity even entered the picture.

You are choosing primitive mans explanation of the universe over modern science. You area choosing to stay in an ancient mindset instead of advancing forward in your thinking. Maybe *something* did create the universe, but what is that *something*? Does is really matter what that *something* is? IMHO, no, I really could care less how we came into being. I only care about the here and now, about moving forward and trying to make this world a better place by being a good, kind, caring and loving individual and treating the earth and my fellow inhabitants right.

Mans problem arose not by thinking that *something* created the universe but by trying to define what exactly that *something* that created it is and then trying to say that *something* is actually some great big man in the sky or woman, or animal (depending on ones creation belief) and then saying that that *something* set forth laws in which man were to obey or else. That *something* could be pure energy, did you ever think about that? That *something* could be some type of force or entity? Again, who cares?

I feel sorry for you that you believe that some dreadful creature rules the universe, who has nothing better to do to those who don't worship it, other than send them to a place of eternal torture. What a sad and dismal view of this awesome world we live in.

This guy has been trolling Ex-C from two and three boards ago. He always says that same things. Uses numerous question marks and exclaimation marks, makes statements without anything to back them up, and loves to quote pseudoscience.

Also, Invictus is the poem Timothy McVeigh quoted, shortly before his excution. I guess he too was unconquerable.

First you said:

Then in the very next sentence you said:

So you're not sure how dead "evolves" into life, but you're quite sure that a form of life "popped up" out of nowhere to "create"? Did they teach you this at the Bob Jones University creation sciences lab? :lmao::lmao:

You "creationists" really crack me up! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

• Admin

Well, I don't know.

"I don't know" is a perfectly valid answer when a person doesn't know the answer.

However, making up an invisible deity outside of known reality to explain gaps in human knowledge seems a bit infantile to me.

I mean, if you just can't stand to admit you don't know something, I suppose making up stuff is one way to deal with it.

From what I'm reading, you think the universe is too big and complicated to just exist without the benefit of being called into existence by a creator.

I take it that the creator is self-existent and therefore was not created.

Here we have expressed in the clearest terms possible my favorite Christian creationist conundrum.

What the heck am I talking about?

Well, on the one hand, the Christian insists that the complexity of the universe and life could not exist unless it was called into existence by a creator. On the other hand, the creator is assumed to be infinitely complex and alive without being called into existence.

Interestingly, the Christian has no problem having a self-existent, complex, life-generating and alive creator, but has huge issues with a self-existent, complex, life-generating universe.

Well, I'll admit that when it comes to the beginning of the universe (if there ever was a beginning) and the first life forms, I don't honestly know how it works. Even if I read all the science, I can't say for sure that I'd even understand it all. But saying “God did it” does nothing to help clear up the mystery around these things.

For instance: How did God do it? What materials did he use? What forces did he call into play in the creation process? What is he made of? How does he sustain himself? What energy sources does he tap into? Is he in another dimension, or is he simply undetectable to our senses and machinery?

“God did it” is a useless answer because it isn't an answer.

Let's apply the “God did it!” mentality to the rest of science:

”What caused the lightening to strike the building?”

“God did it.”

“Why does the sky appear blue?”

“God did it.”

”Why do earthquakes happen?”

”God does it.”

“What causes tornadoes.”

”God does it.”

“OK, class dismissed. We'll have more science next week.”

And the students shuffle off to spend their time memorizing Bible verses.

Anyway, we know there is a universe. And we have many unanswered questions about it.

We don't know there is a magical, mysterious, other-dimensional, invisible being that poofs things into existence and then plays an eternal retribution/reward game with some of those poofed-into-existence things.

As time goes on, we will learn more and more, and the “God did it” crowd will have to dig for more gaps in our learning so their god will have a place to stand.

As time goes on, we will learn more and more, and the “God did it” crowd will have to dig for more gaps in our learning so their god will have a place to stand.

Have you ever been told that you are brilliant? Because you are. :HaHa: Somehow, you so easily put into words what I would like to have said myself.

Why would you call me defensive or angry when you were the first to begin the name calling?

I’m not angry or defensive, just simply stating FACT as best my little “fundy” self can.

It is the ultimate circle!!!!!!

Does your fundy self accept facts? Do you accept the facts that show the universe to be much older than the fictional 6000 years? Do you accept the facts that support evolution? Will you accept facts that support abiogenesis when they are found? I doubt it. You are not into facts, you are into fiction faith. Therefore your fundy fact dance doesn't mean a thing. However, even this knowledge is something you are not equipped to understand, because the christian fungus is in control of your mind, rather like this. It remains to be seen if you will find a cure.

Invictus, I haven't a clue how you came up with this but it borders on the incoherent. We have loads of facts. The universe is almost incomprehensibly big, and incomprehensibly old. What is 12 billion years, Invictus? Can you conceive that in your mind? I didn't think so. With our relatively short life spans, less than a mere 100 years in most cases, it's hard for us to conceive a couple of hundred years of time, much less a few billion.

With what we know, the fact that we can't come up with a clear and unarguable answer as to the origin of life or the universe is no reason whatsoever to simply throw up our hands, and say, "Yea, it was done by an almighty god!" It's a reason to look for answers and think, although with the realization that we may never be able to know the truth. Yielding to an imagined supernatural is not an option.

If there are no facts, then none of us exist, and you are wasting your time. By that logic, we are all just a hallucination. Hallucinations cannot be saved. So go find someone who exists elsewhere.