Goodbye Jesus

Trinity?

Kelli

Most sects of christianity teach the trinity doctrine. God is three persons in one "triune god"; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Now, let's look past the fact that this is really a polytheistic view of god and think for a moment about the family dynamics we have going here...

Now if you want a fundie to go ballistic, one of the more effective methods is the mere suggestion that god or any facet of god could be female. "Heresy," they will tell you. "Woman was created from man. Man was created in God's image..."

Now, allow me to point out that any family wherein there is a child requires a male and a female to have procreated. Let me also point out that the Holy Spirit is supposedly a nurturer and comforter, traits typical to women.

Therefore, I can only conclude that either the holy spirit is a female or Jesus was adopted and God the Father and the Holy Spirit are homosexuals.

I think the trinity is a tough one. See the thing is there are secular trinities.

Freud had is id, superego, and ego.

Many people who speak of personailty development still speak of wholeness, motivation, and individual identity.

There is the triad of national power: political, economic, and military.

There are those who invoke a triad when speaking of creating organisms from scratch: genes, metabolism, and container.

Many Hindus also have Vishnu, Brahma, and Shiva the Vedic triad.

So I am left wondering if there might not be some set of natural phenomenon that these various triads and trinities are striving to capture.

This how I summed up the concept of a Chrisitan Trinity in my blog entry titled "The Trinity":

"The truth is that the Trinity grew from a belief in the feminine principle as the mother and therefore creator of everything. The Patriarchs imposed a male Supreme god relegating the female principle to the role of his assistant as, his spirit, Word or Wisdom. That was not sufficient however and the divine son was introduced. Finally the female principle, now reduced to the Holy Ghost, the Word having been allocated to the Son, had a sex change and became masculine or neuter. Once again, we see that very little of Christianity is original." - Heimdall :yellow:

Interesting thoughts. Yes, the universe does seem to run on threes, right down to atomic structure. I don't see this as any proof of a "triune god" however.

Heimdall: I see you think along the same lines as I. (i.e. the h.s. neutered or gender changed).

Besides, the threes that the universe "runs on" make sense when examined. The concept of the Trinity is just nonsense, without the slightest logical basis.

Besides, the threes that the universe "runs on" make sense when examined. The concept of the Trinity is just nonsense, without the slightest logical basis.

Agreed. I did find my last paragraph in my OP reather funny though. It was my punchline for the entire post. Sometimes I kill me. :HaHa:

Ah shit, now I've done it. I've gone and blasphemed the holy spirit. Fuck me. See you all in hell.

I don't see at as a proof either, but as a symbol of the threes in which the universe does work. One can logically apply it to a God, but there would be no proof. It would seem that if there was a God, it would also work according to the laws of the universe. Such as cause, medium and effect. Cause being the originator, meduim being the essense the originator works through (or with) and effect being the outcome of that work.

When I was reading up on Christianity, one of the notions was that the Holy Spirit was intended to be female, but this was erased by the feminine-phobic church leaders.

There were also some theories that Wisdom, which is personified in the Song of Solomon IIRC, was also intended to be a goddess of sorts, but Wisdom's goddesshood was also diminished by the church leaders.

Makes no difference to me anymore, it's all myth, in any case.

The Trinity is easy to understand, once you have it clearly explained to you and you think it through logically:

The Holy Farter is God. The Magic Sky Man is God. The Holy Spook is God. These Three are all separate Persons, but they are the same Being. So, while being different Persons, they are all somehow magically the same God and they are all somehow magically Each Other.

Am I drunk, or did I just try to rationally explain the absurd and irrational trinity concept? lol... :twitch:

Glory!

EC,

Ah shit, now I've done it. I've gone and blasphemed the holy spirit. Fuck me. See you all in hell.

We'll leave a light on for ya...

EC,

We'll leave a light on for ya...

Thanks! :lmao:

• 6 months later...
Most sects of christianity teach the trinity doctrine. God is three persons in one "triune god"; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Now, let's look past the fact that this is really a polytheistic view of god and think for a moment about the family dynamics we have going here...

Now if you want a fundie to go ballistic, one of the more effective methods is the mere suggestion that god or any facet of god could be female. "Heresy," they will tell you. "Woman was created from man. Man was created in God's image..."

Now, allow me to point out that any family wherein there is a child requires a male and a female to have procreated. Let me also point out that the Holy Spirit is supposedly a nurturer and comforter, traits typical to women.

Therefore, I can only conclude that either the holy spirit is a female or Jesus was adopted and God the Father and the Holy Spirit are homosexuals.

There Is No Way To Have A Trinity Without First Separating Each Of The Three Things Indivdually To Declare Then A Trinity . By That I Mean , You Have To First Establish That There Is A Father One Thing And A Son Another Thing And A Holy Ghost The Thrid Thing , In order For These Things To Totally Mix And Become One Thing . They Would Have To Start Off Equal In Rank , Quantity . Space , Density , Authority , Or Existence . In Admitting That The Son Came From The Father , Time Make The Difference , The Father Would Have To Had Been First , Before The Son . This Would Make Them Unequal And Incapable Of Becoming A Balanced Triad . No It Did Not Mean That When It Said God The Father ,,, God The Son , And God The Holy Ghost = One God .. Because Three Cannot Go Into One