Goodbye Jesus

My 1st Time Talking About This...

SusieQ

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to be on here because besides talking to my husband this is my 1st time talking about leaving the Christianity that I felt to attached to!! It still makes me want to cry now that I see the wrong parts of Christianity. Makes me feel a bit lost--where do I go now!!

I was a NewAger when I met my Born Again husband and got "saved". Then over the years we both began to see howconflicting things were in our beliefs and we continued to not agree with the church more asnd more. We've tried several denominations--it's not about denominations as much as it is the belief system that comes out of being seeped in the words of the Bible and the learned excusses and statements taught to counter the real questions about conflicting messages in the bible, etc and the facts from history that show no proof--I know-I know--I'm not "believing in unseen things" I'm so sick of the numbing words and want some real truth!! I'm too intelligent to be snowballed anymore!!!

Ok--I'd better stop before I end up on my soapbox. Just wanted to introduce myself and get started talking to you all and finding people who understand where I'm coming from!

Thanks

Susie (The Cat's Wife) :D

Welcome to the forum SusieQ!

Welcome to the forum SusieQ!

Thank You! Scarlett

Welcome, SusieQ :wave:

As for where to go now? Well, that's up to you. The beauty of leaving a life-controlling cult like Xianity is that you're free to determine your own destiny, listen to your own moral intuition, and honestly and objevtively examine everything around you. Xianity controls how you think and see things, and the resulting suffocation nearly kills many people's enjoyment of life.

You're free now; it'll take some time to get adjusted, but you will. This board is a good place to find helpful advice and guidance; I found much of it myself when I joined over a year ago.

Invite your husband to join, too. It's a great place, this one is.

Welcome again!

Invite your husband to join, too. It's a great place, this one is.

Welcome again!

Yes, it is.

I'm the one who invited her. :bounce:

Ah-HA! You're discovered! There's no hiding now!

An' stuff...

Hi SusieQ,

Welcome to Ex-C. We are a supportive bunch and you will find lots of understanding and acceptance here. Your husband, Eccentric Cat, fits right in here with us. I've enjoyed reading his posts. I'm sure you will too and I look forward to reading your posts.

We learn a lot from each other. We have people from all over the world, with many different sexual orientations, in many different kinds of relationships, who have gone through or are going through many of the same things you are. There is always someone to relate to and who can relate to your situation.

We know how difficult it is to extract the mind virus of Christianity from your psyche and we understand what an ongoing and sometimes painful process that is.

Again Welcome

Taph

• Admin

Welcome aboard SQ! (And EC).

Finding others to talk about leaving Christianity, without fear of reprisal, is what this place is all about. Enjoy!

Welcome SusieQ!

It's only been a short time for me, but I'm getting on with life and looking forward to 2007.

Like others have said, it's up to you.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks for the warm hello. :) Yes, my hubby is very intelligent and insightful--otherwise I might still be a xtian trying to be something I'm not!

And thank you for the encouragement--it's definitly not as easy as I thought to just walk away and change all those old habits--even for our kids!!

There's a lot to think about and rethink too.

Good to have all you here for support! :woohoo: !

Welcome to the boards, SusieQ!

I'm married to my cat, too. She is my cat wife, and I love her! :)

Welcome, welcome!

Here, we mock the Christian God-concept, laugh about being burned with fire, and enjoy general merriment. We follow the sentiments of the great H.L. Mencken:

"The liberation of the human mind has been best furthered by gay fellows who heaved dead cats into sanctuaries and then went roistering down the highways of the world, proving to all men that doubt, after all, was safe--that the god in the sanctuary was a fraud. One horse laugh is worth ten thousand syllogisms. It is not only more effective; it is also vastly more intelligent."

SuzieQ and ECat...

Feel welcome and as secure as we can try to make this "Home on the Intarnutt!!!oNe!!!111One!!".

Empowerment is a word that I'd like to toss your way, this post.

Powered to move, think, act, and accept things as they are, not as they "otter.bee.'kordin'.to.gahwdzWordz!!!".

When you folks are squarely unshackled from the religious equalizers, those who will make you conform to the Xorg, Borg, JWorg, etc, then you two are ready to work on the rest of your lives.

Ain't'a nothing "easy" in a lotta cases. Some folks slip away from their religious messes with ease, others have problems unshipping from the ropes that bind them to the shores. Many of we here at ExC are here to help serve and donate our time and keyboards, landlines, IM's to the "cause".

ExC contains people who are going to be "fellow travellers" if not "exact course and direction".

Dig in, participate, find folks with whom you can talk with on and off this place, Dave's House, and continue to find out what Freedom can mean to you and yours.

kevinL, Board hauler of trash, cleaner of peanut shells, beer bottle and bouncer on rare occasion

Thanks for the warm hello. :) Yes, my hubby is very intelligent and insightful--otherwise I might still be a xtian trying to be something I'm not!

And thank you for the encouragement--it's definitly not as easy as I thought to just walk away and change all those old habits--even for our kids!!

There's a lot to think about and rethink too.

Good to have all you here for support! :woohoo: !

Hi, SusieQ. It's nice to read your posts and your husband's. I saw your family picture posted the other day (except for two of the kids and a cat), and it's kind of nice to put faces to the names. It's strange to think that you and many others once believed the way I did and have changed so much for the better. I suppose I thought that people just stick with it to the grave as a rule. It gives me hope that I will continue on this journey, too. By the way, I'm eager to hear something about how you handle talking to your children about the Bible and church since I have two youngsters myself.

Sparkyone

Hi, SusieQ. It's nice to read your posts and your husband's. I saw your family picture posted the other day (except for two of the kids and a cat), and it's kind of nice to put faces to the names. It's strange to think that you and many others once believed the way I did and have changed so much for the better. I suppose I thought that people just stick with it to the grave as a rule. It gives me hope that I will continue on this journey, too. By the way, I'm eager to hear something about how you handle talking to your children about the Bible and church since I have two youngsters myself.

Sparkyone

Hey Sparky,

it's still an on going process of changing the way we answer the kids questions and praying differently at the table. I still believe in a God/Creator but I want my kids to know there are many opinions out there and they are not wrong simply because they aren't ours. The UU church I think will help us teach them about all the different religions. I tell them the Bible is like stories that teach us good manners/behavior--like being kind to people who are hurt even if they aren't from our church, etc. Also we have let them watch VeggieTales almost their whole lives and I like how they talk about God and put the Bible into stories but don't talk about salvation or jesus--kind of christian-jewish mix. They are like the fairy tales we teach the kids that have the moral of the story.

I hope that helps some :)) It's a lot of deciding what you want your kids to know and how you want them to know what you think. And sometimes, especially with our older ones--it's easier to just be frank and tell them about our change in beliefs directly!!!

We've been deciding this over the past three years so it's been a lot to think about with how to go about it.