Goodbye Jesus

The Code Of Honor

Guest razorrose

Guest razorrose

I wasn't really sure where to put this so hopefully it's ok in here.

This is "The Code of Honor" form I had to sign for a christian residential treatment program I am going to in 4 days. It kind of scared me...........I just want to hear peoples opinions on it....

The Code of Honor

I,-------------, recognize that the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is the Whole Man. It is my aim to follow in His footsteps and to develop in the same ways in which He did: "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." (Luke 2:52)

I will practive good health and regularly participate in wholesome physical activities.

I will endeavor to seek the will of God for my life and to develop a Christ-like character, through my daily personal prayer of life and through faithful promptness to class and church attendance (the church the Adminstrator chooses).

I will yield my personality to the healing and maturing power of the Holy Spirit and make every effort to show God's love toward my fellow man by following Christ's example to "do unto others as I would have them do unto me" according to the teaching of the Bible.

I will strive to be a peace-maker and show respect for others.

I will not sow strife (tension, jealousy, friction, arguments, gossiping, rumors, etc.)

I will abide by the rules and regulations which may be adapted from time to time by the Program Director of---------. I understand that residence at -------- is a privelege and not a right. ----------- reserves the right to require the withdrawal of a resident at any time if in the judgement of the Program Director, the resident fails to show a sincere desire to help.

Please study the above statements carefully and prayerfully. Your signature is your acceptance of the entire Code of Honor and is a contract between you and ------.

I,-------------, recognize that the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, is the Whole Man. It is my aim to follow in His footsteps and to develop in the same ways in which He did: "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." (Luke 2:52)

I will endeavor to seek the will of God for my life and to develop a Christ-like character, through my daily personal prayer of life and through faithful promptness to class and church attendance (the church the Adminstrator chooses).

I will yield my personality to the healing and maturing power of the Holy Spirit and make every effort to show God's love toward my fellow man by following Christ's example to "do unto others as I would have them do unto me" according to the teaching of the Bible.

This would be like signing a contract promising to follow the teachings of the tooth fairy. It is meaningless as far as any legal contract is concerned

This code of honour thing contains pledges that you'd stick to regardless of the Jesus stuff in it:

I will practive good health and regularly participate in wholesome physical activities.

I will strive to be a peace-maker and show respect for others.

I will not sow strife (tension, jealousy, friction, arguments, gossiping, rumors, etc.)

This is normal decent behaviour

As for this:

I will abide by the rules and regulations which may be adapted from time to time by the Program Director of---------. I understand that residence at -------- is a privelege and not a right. ----------- reserves the right to require the withdrawal of a resident at any time if in the judgement of the Program Director, the resident fails to show a sincere desire to help.

Please study the above statements carefully and prayerfully. Your signature is your acceptance of the entire Code of Honor and is a contract between you and ------.

I see this as "legaleese" and if I remember from your previous posts you don't have a whole bunch of choice, due to circumstance and finances about entering the program. In my eyes that makes it coersion and nit worth the paper it's written on. So don't sweat it.

Don't sweat it Rose. It doesn't mean anything. Your first priority is taking care of yourself.

Get everything good and helpful that you can out of the program.

Remember - you are worthwhile. You have value and worth.

How long is the program for?

Will you be able to communicate with us while you are there?

Any time you need to talk/rant/vent we'll be here for you.

regards

Stew

Is this some sort of half-way house? Frankly I would seek out one that wasn't religious like that. Not only do I see it as being ineffective for a secualr person, I think it's a crock for those who believe too.

Who's running this and who's going to decide what the following means:

Who's determining what "wholesome" means? Father Anus?

It just sounds like hell to me. I'd try my best to find one that isn't religious. I know one member here who would probably have some better suggestions. Dave? You out there?

Don't sweat it Rose. It doesn't mean anything. Your first priority is taking care of yourself.

Get everything good and helpful that you can out of the program.

Remember - you are worthwhile. You have value and worth.

Razorrose, I can understand your fears and frustration but I would do my very best to focus on getting your life back on track as your number one priority, get the help you need from whatever sources are available to you and ignore the stuff that is irrelevant or meaningless to your life.

Be careful what you make matter. You are what is important here, not the Christian drivel. Don't waste your energy on anything else!

I wish you all the best. Please, take care of you!