Goodbye Jesus

Pat Robertson Predicts Mass Killings

Mike D

Pat Robertson in the news again. Does anyone even listen to this buffoon anymore? :twitch:

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts. He also predicted Bush's victory for a second term in 2005.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070102/ap_on_...tson_prediction

Big deal. Any idiot could've "predicted" that Bush would win a second term. I was sure of it, personally. Guess Jebus is telling me stuff, too :crazy:

Right, Da Lawd told him something but kept this info from everyone else. What about the people who would be killed? Why didn't Gawd tell them?

Of course, this is all just bullshit. There is no God, no Jebus, probably no attack in the future, and the only thing we can be sure of is that Robertson is either knowingly lying or has some problems with schitzophrenia.

Big deal. Any idiot could've "predicted" that Bush would win a second term. I was sure of it, personally. Guess Jebus is telling me stuff, too :crazy:

Right, Da Lawd told him something but kept this info from everyone else. What about the people who would be killed? Why didn't Gawd tell them?

Of course, this is all just bullshit. There is no God, no Jebus, probably no attack in the future, and the only thing we can be sure of is that Robertson is either knowingly lying or has some problems with schitzophrenia.

Either that, or he has terrorist connections.

Why didn't Gawd tell them?

The Lard works in mysterious ways! :grin:

Heh - I wouldn't be surprised. Some people are so hopped-up on their ideas they'll do almost anything to serve them. I can see him as one of those nutball Xians who would start a war just to bring about the Second Coming.

Heh - I wouldn't be surprised. Some people are so hopped-up on their ideas they'll do almost anything to serve them. I can see him as one of those nutball Xians who would start a war just to bring about the Second Coming.

You mean like Dubya?

Well, according to the Bible he's a false prophet then. What a freak..."The Lard told me..." Mass Killinz, and mayhem, and NU-Que-Larr wepenz O' mass destrukshen!

Unless, of course, we turn to Jaysus and give Pat at least a million dollars next month to stay "The Lard's Wrath".

Shawn

You mean like Dubya?

:HaHa:

You mean like Dubya?

:HaHa:

LOL!!!!!!!

"It's just a goddamn piece of paper!!!!!!!" -President Bush

post-2742-1167803261_thumb.jpg

Sometimes he misses? Cant his god give him more reliable information?

Do you think if Pat Robertson got laid more often he'd have happier predictions?

Maybe if he got laid more often, he'd be happier and less nutso about his religion. Or perhaps drop it altogether.

Now, all we need is a male prostitute with some heroin :HaHa:

He probably get's laid all the time by male hookers, his young female secretaries, or children. I'd say alter boys but he isnt one of those papists.

well bugger me with a fish fork!

vague predictions based on the available information are sometimes right and sometimes wrong. How incisive.

The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that.

I have dealt personally with christian leadership in high places and often wondered to myself how the fuck they think they've got some personal hotline to god that no one else has. People like that used to intimidate me (church leadership I knew personally). As time went on, I wised up and just wanted to slap them!

The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that.

I have dealt personally with christian leadership in high places and often wondered to myself how the fuck they think they've got some personal hotline to god that no one else has. People like that used to intimidate me (church leadership I knew personally). As time went on, I wised up and just wanted to slap them!

Same here Eccentric Cat. "The Holy Spirit/God/Jesus told me"...a real hard slap at least!

Don't you love the vageries..."Jaysus didn't say Nuclear. But I think maybe a few small fuel air bombs." LOL!

Shawn

Sometimes he misses? Cant his god give him more reliable information?

No no. See. When it's Gawd talking....that's when the predictions come true. The predictions that don't come true are the ones Robertson makes up himself because like all the rest of us....he's just a flawed mortal sinnah.

You sending him your money will help cure him of these sinnez, and them only Gawd's true predictions shall be verily uttered by the pyoorified Brutha Robertson.

Pat Robertson in the news again. Does anyone even listen to this buffoon anymore? :twitch:

Only for laughs. His entire show (the 700 Club) is bull, most of it is begging for money and the rest is trying to scare people into believing in god.

I don't know which bothers me more: that Pat Robertson believes his deity speaks directly to him, or the fact that all the major news outlets feel that this crazy old man's ramblings are actually newsworthy.

For some reason that damned show is on in the break room at my workplace, nearly every day. One day I went in there to get my daily ration of coffee and there was some teaser about a football player who was going to be up next, talking about how god was so great to him and made him a star. Bleh!

Deuteronomy 18

18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die

18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

I'd say it's time for a good old fashioned stoning. :HaHa:

If I said that my imaginary friend, Willy, predicted that there would be a nuclear bomb attack I would be committed. Yet, this fool not only has his own talk show but his predictions are respected by thousands. That is really...well...insane.

Deuteronomy 18

18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die

18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

I'd say it's time for a good old fashioned stoning. :HaHa:

Thank you for posting this.... when I read that statement from Pat I vaguely recalled something in the Bible about that's how you know if someone is a false prophet. Of course I am sure Pat's followers just brush this off with some excuse: "That doesn't apply to Pat because he's not bound by the old covenant, he's under god's grace through Jebus" :crazy:

bro pat, he is always trying to predict more death. i wonder what's the reason?

bro pat, he is always trying to predict more death. i wonder what's the reason?

He probably secretly wishes it would happen.