Goodbye Jesus

Guard Questioned Over Mobile Phone Video

Asimov

Well, that mobile phone video of Saddam being executed is a big deal to the Iraqi government.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6229097.stm

Apparently:

"He said the release of the video and the taunting it revealed - including chants praising Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr - had damaged relations between Sunni and Shia Muslims."

Ah, I see. So these people who are taunting Saddam are absolutely not at fault for their actions whilst the person who is just recording the truth is? Let's not shoot the messenger here and instead look at what is actually damaging relations between Sunni and Shia Muslims.

""Whoever leaked this video meant to harm national reconciliation and drive a wedge between Shi'ites and Sunnis," he told the Reuters news agency."

There is already a wedge between the Shi'ites and Sunnis, that's WHY they were taunting him. Is this not obvious to everyone else? Are these people completely retarded?

The Mid-East has a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY long history of war and infighting. This is not just religious, it's cultural as well. I'm going to be shocked if true peace is ever reached in my lifetime over there. They are always going to find some stupid slight to their honor and make a big deal out of it.

The execution was handled very unprofessionally. If I were in charge of the procedure, I would be going after taunters and recorders alike. Seems like we could have handed them an execution protocol suggestion sheet along with Hussein.

The video is a blow to the government's image (as if it needed one).

I get the assumption that they wanted to do this and not tell the world. If the guy didn't record it we wouldn't be seeing what really went on, and how things are done. The whole deal was done unfairly and unprofessionally. In the case of a country's leader, there should be a trial by impartial judges in the UN or something and have UN officials carry out the sentence, etc. if it should be, instead of one or the other side as it can be biased. The UN should be an unbiased legal agent or some kind of agency should be made for world issues and issues against leaders, trials, and stuff of this magnatude to insure that all is fairly done, and professionally. It should be comprised of people from many countries across the world who did not hold office in any of those countries.

But I don't know if anything can really be 100% unbiased, unfortunately.

Someone recorded Saddam's hanging, whoop-dee-fucking-doo :rolleyes:

Of course no one's making a fuss about the people doing the taunting, just the person who recorded it.

Yes, Asimov, we are dealing with retards. Grade-A, first-class, top of the line defects.