Goodbye Jesus

So Very Happy!

Kurari

I got a new job I just started this last week. After months of job hunting and struggle with a very shitty job market, I hit platinum with this one! It's work I'm well suited for, is easy to get to, is located in my favorite part of town, and it's got good pay and a fantastic benefits package that kicks in after only one month!

Best of all, all my coworkers and my boss so far are totally awesome. There is a great atmosphere in the office, and I was warmly welcomed by everybody, even the CEO's. I've discovered I've got a lot in common with pretty much everyone. They're all hard workers but very laid back.

This is the best part. There is an on running joke around the office I keep seeing about the "God Warrior" lady. You know, the "It was SO DORK SIDED!" woman from Trading Spaces. Her face is all over the place, usually with stupid captions or whatever and I keep hearing people say silly things like "You go, God Warrior!" or if something isn't going right they imitate her and go "That's so DORK SIDED!" and laugh like crazy. So far I already know I work with two atheists and most everybody else is at the very least, not a fundy. A fundy would likely choke and get laughed out of a job at this place.

So far, I'm having a lot of fun. I'm just hoping for the best that something doesn't come along and bomb this job like has happened with the last five I've had (all due to serious middle management screw-ups).

What excellent news. Congratulations.

Have you praised the Lord for the many blessings he has bestowed on you? :)

No, but I've given much praise and many sacrificial trinkets and food to the Mighty Me to celebrate the blessings that I've bestowed upon myself. :)

Congrats!

I got a new job I just started this last week. After months of job hunting and struggle with a very shitty job market, I hit platinum with this one! It's work I'm well suited for, is easy to get to, is located in my favorite part of town, and it's got good pay and a fantastic benefits package that kicks in after only one month!

Best of all, all my coworkers and my boss so far are totally awesome. There is a great atmosphere in the office, and I was warmly welcomed by everybody, even the CEO's. I've discovered I've got a lot in common with pretty much everyone. They're all hard workers but very laid back.

This is the best part. There is an on running joke around the office I keep seeing about the "God Warrior" lady. You know, the "It was SO DORK SIDED!" woman from Trading Spaces. Her face is all over the place, usually with stupid captions or whatever and I keep hearing people say silly things like "You go, God Warrior!" or if something isn't going right they imitate her and go "That's so DORK SIDED!" and laugh like crazy. So far I already know I work with two atheists and most everybody else is at the very least, not a fundy. A fundy would likely choke and get laughed out of a job at this place.

So far, I'm having a lot of fun. I'm just hoping for the best that something doesn't come along and bomb this job like has happened with the last five I've had (all due to serious middle management screw-ups).

You know I tried to just use a part of your post to relate specifically too, but I just dig the whole thing so much! FuckinA dude..... but I think what really stood out, was, I keep hearing people say silly things like "You go, God Warrior!" or if something isn't going right they imitate her and go "That's so DORK SIDED!" and laugh like crazy. and that made me say.... I just know that I'm going to have a moment like this, when I'm in the company of people that I can really enjoy being me, hence putting forth my best effort.

Congrats, I'm so happy for you... it comes from within.

Jella

No, but I've given much praise and many sacrificial trinkets and food to the Mighty Me to celebrate the blessings that I've bestowed upon myself. :)

LOL.

Go Dungy, go Peyton, Go Indy,

BIG D!

Nice going, Kurari! Enjoy your new gig.

WOO HOOO! :woohoo:

COngratulations! I hope everything keeps going well for you.

You deserve it!

• Admin

Congrats and best of luck, K.

Thanks all!

Last night I got a Christian on my butt about it. I was buying some new jeans (because I'm down to my last pair of wearable casual pants) and mentioned to the retail worker who was helping me find the jeans about the new job and we got to talking about the job market and how bad it's been.

She said, "See, this is God reaching out to you and giving you his blessings! Sometimes it takes a little longer than we like, but God always comes through."

I really didn't have time to argue with her or tell her I didn't believe in god, so I just smiled and nodded and tried to leave to go catch up to my friends waiting for me outside. She started kind of following me around the store then saying more about God's praises and that she "knew" I was going to have a great year and that God is watching over me. Uh, no, He's not. 2006 started out great for me too, then the last six months worth of it was nothing but stress and upset. If God was listening, he would have helped out a LOT faster. Instead, I heard zip from Him, but I got a great deal of help from friends and family so I could make ends meet. Things could have been a lot worse, but my friends wouldn't let that happen to me. A really good friend of mine was actually the one who found the ad for this job and thought of me.

Now I can repay them for their generosity when they need me to. I place a lot more faith in my fellow man than I do in God. I wish I could have told the store worker that, but it's too bad you can't say something like that unless you have time to waste debating.

"shitty job market..."

Gee, are you here in upstate NY too? :lmao:

Congratulations. Glad things are working out for you. Personally, when I get through hard times, I thank the Mighty Taco. If it wasn't for cheap food provided by the Mighty Taco, I don't know how I would have made it. College students especially like to sing the praises of the Mighty Taco.

Biggest congrats, Kurari; it's great to see things come together in a good way every once in a while. I hope you continue to like the job and get one hell of a reference out of it when and if you decide to seek other employment or opportunities. The rampant 'god warrior' references sound great; I honestly don't know the first thing about them, so I'm on my way to YouTube right now to see what all the fuss is about. Once again, biggest congrats, especially from someone that knows the misery of job-hunting in a crappy job market.

Congratulations Kurari. I hope that everything falls into place with your new job and that you have a fruitful new year. :woohoo:

Woohoo, Kurari! :58:

I hope I'm half as lucky to get such an ideal work environment :)

I wish you the best :goodjob: