Goodbye Jesus

New On The Forum

Guest selah

Hi...I want to say hello and express that I'm new here and to living as an ex-Christian. In a nutshell, I was raised in an exclusive psuedo Christian religious group, rebelled as a teenager, returned as an adult, got out of that cult-like group and into mainstream Christianity for 27 years.

Although I became very involved, I never felt the same as others there, because my belief system was different. I was not able to maintain a signed membership in any denomination, but did participate fully in several (except for voting).

I have been slightly involved with Messianic Judaism also, making two trips to Israel.

Now, I am floundering a bit, but still sense the grip of God in my life. I just don't want to operate within any of these confines, yet I'm a little bewildered about how this will influence my lifestyle, family, friends etc. I feel comfortable in my relationship with God through His son Jesus, but I don't fully agree with Constantine's ideas about the expression of our faith.

Thanks for any helpful comments.

Blessings,

selah

Hello Selah,

Welcome to Ex-C. You will get a lot of support here. Jump in and ask questions, read, learn as much as you can. Getting out is a very long process, we've been there.

Taph

So tell us, what do you believe? What are your views on the bible?

So tell us, what do you believe? What are your views on the bible?

I love the Bible. I think I'm past the point of debating about it and all of the denominations and world religions. I just want to live what I believe now. I've tried hard to adjust my own thinking to conform to Christianity, but I just can't do it anymore. Now, I just want to be and live the person I am.

I don't really want to embrace any specific teachings. I do believe that God indwells me. That is sufficient for me. I'm tired of being a square peg in a round hole.

Blessings,

selah

Selah,

The site is to support people who no longer believe in Christianity. You are more than welcome to join in our discussions, but I hope you realise that almost everyone here doesn't believe the Bible, Christianity, and that we view Jesus as a myth, not a historical person.

Just a warning because we tend to say a lot of heretical things that would make someone who still believed in Christianity, Jesus, and the Bible uncomfortable and could be offensive to you.

Taph

Selah,

The site is to support people who no longer believe in Christianity. You are more than welcome to join in our discussions, but I hope you realise that almost everyone here doesn't believe the Bible, Christianity, and that we view Jesus as a myth, not a historical person.

Just a warning because we tend to say a lot of heretical things that would make someone who still believed in Christianity, Jesus, and the Bible uncomfortable and could be offensive to you.

Taph

Thanks Taph. I did read the guidelines before I posted, so I'm aware of the general consensus here. I'm not easily offended, so I'll likely be okay. I do appreciate your care and concern though. Thank you.

I completely respect the spiritual journey of each individual. I have never fully fit the "Christian" mold, even though I actively participated for 27 years. I hold my beliefs loosely, since I am well aware of how new insights and revelations can affect me...but ONLY if I'm willing and open for change. This is the primary reason there has been tension in my "Christian" relationships. Others have been unwilling to view things from any other perspective. I find this stifling.

I love the Bible, simply for the beauty it has brought into my life. I don't really care if it's the inerrant or inspired word of God or not. I don't revere it as the ultimate spiritual authority either.

My life is pretty much an open book, and I enjoy hearing the experiences of others. Whether I agree or disagree doesn't change my interest or my desire to have relationship.

I think I just appreciate finding SOMEPLACE where I can openly say what I feel without someone having a grave concern for my spiritual welfare, or someone casting devils out of me. And I can speak without the concern of bringing a huge bundle of confusion into the lives of my listeners. You folks have already been dealing with all these things, so it's okay to talk about it.

Thanks again,

selah

I think I just appreciate finding SOMEPLACE where I can openly say what I feel without someone having a grave concern for my spiritual welfare, or someone casting devils out of me. And I can speak without the concern of bringing a huge bundle of confusion into the lives of my listeners. You folks have already been dealing with all these things, so it's okay to talk about it.

Thanks again,

selah

selah,

'Taint nothing wrong with honest questioning. Come in to Dave's House, ask to hearts desire about what you want to know. Folks here tend to be happyassed enjoyable on.line company, and in the process of discussion will answer what you want to know.

Many of the folks here are Reasonably Knowledgeable Individuals on subjects and specifics. Others are generalists with a massive store of info that would win Jeopardy.

If you care to join in and dump an opinion or two hundred out, and in the process read, absorb and try the facts and figures given you, your time here will be kickass.

*I* like your attitude so far, it is one that says "I'm still looking, my mind isn't buried in concrete". unlike a recent visitor seems to have in her posts.

C'mon on in. ExC is "Just Words", however these words are attached to keyboards with people of all stripe, walks, and experiences behind them.

It is a good place to spend on.line/on.ass time.

kevinL

Hope you find what your looking for. Word of caution though, many of us here view the bible as one of the key reasons why we left the faith. Scarecly will you find a more vile book. The jewish tribal god depicted therin is an undeniable, blood thirsty, and evil monster.