Goodbye Jesus

This Letter Is All Wrong

Da Realist84

Here's the letter:

There are biblical contradictions and so called “atrocities” throughout the bible that can mess with or injure a person’s faith. Satan attempts to distract us and by using these contradictions, he tries to deceive us into thinking that the stories and messages of the bible are simply not true. It is his only weapon against us since Satan is already defeated. Unfortunately, I fell into the trap time and time again until I realized the cycle that was going on. I was attempting to call myself an ex-Christian based on atheist views and perceptions. I read different stories about how people fell from faith, read as atheist pointed out different contradictions and things of the bible, watched the Penn and teller “bible bullshit” story on you tube, and read about different pastors and ministers who fell from faith and are now atheist. These things had actually persuaded me and convinced me that the bible can’t be real and that Jesus Christ doesn’t exist. It was almost like an addiction to sway back and forth between understand and loving the God of the bible or excluding and rejecting the God of the bible.

I realized that those so called atrocities, absurdities, and contradictions in the bible that atheist seem to pick out so well are ways to try to sway believers away from the biblical text. Now, I understand that not all atheists may operate this way. There are certain atheists that can respect other people’s religion and just disagree with what is presented to them. I mainly speak of the atheists with websites that mock and try to put to shame the name of Jesus Christ. Atheist may see verses in the biblical text that they know can truly be the word of God, but the whole goal is to make an argument against the Christian religion so they couldn’t show you the truth. In the same way that they try and condemn Christians for picking and choosing the verses they want to believe in the bible, they do the same exact thing by picking the controversial verses in the bible and interpreting the word as they see fit.

I am truly ashamed of the way that I allowed these people to turn me off to religion and I prayed to God for forgiveness and repented of this. I read on the internet about the ways that churches supposedly convince people to live a certain way through the use of hypnosis. I read about the different techniques that were demonstrated during church services. I learned about how the use of music and the voice of the pastor are used as a mental hypnosis to put people in an “alpha” state which basically makes them acceptable to anything that’s said to them. Now I do believe that some pastors may try to take advantage of people and use these techniques to get money and church membership from people. I don’t believe that my church and many other good churches out there try to warp people’s minds into submission. But once again, this seems to be an atheists attempt to turn people away from Christ. It sickens me that I actually believed this and would like to make people aware of how the devil is trying to deceive people including myself. When you are trying to convince yourself of the absence of God, you sure learn a lot.

The evolution theory and the big bang theory are scientific ways of saying that the Universe just appeared. In science, we are supposedly descendants of monkeys. To me, that’s the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. You have to make a choice, believe in being descendants of monkeys or being wonderfully made by the hand of God. My question to scientist and atheists who claim the existence of “evolution” is how that little piece of matter that supposedly created the universe got there in the first place. In science, things don’t just happen so theoretically, there has to be a way that the matter got there according to logic and reason.

In the end, we honestly don’t have all the answers to life so we have to make a choice and find it ourselves. Thankfully, we are provided with a source of answers from God which is known as the bible. Atheists can continue to believe in scientific theories based on logic and reason. I will continue reading, understanding, and applying the word of God to my life. In the end, we will know the answers according to our biblical scriptures if you believe it.

Yes, this letter is all wrong.

even I couldnt say that many stupid things in one sitting

You have to make a choice, believe in being descendants of monkeys or being wonderfully made by the hand of God.

Ah yes. So much resides here, yes? I think you should be wary of people who would presume to know all the options Realist.

Let's set aside for the moment that we are descendants of ape-like organisms rather than monkeys. I won't deny that it would be so much more soothing to my ego to believe that God had set me aside from the beginning. He made me special and set me above the rest of the natural world.

Maybe if I say it enough times it will come true...

I am not a mammal.

I am not a mammal.

I am not a mammal.

I agree with the others. That letter is all wrong. It's meant to dumb down clear thinking. It can really pull on one's thoughts and feel threatening to one's conscience but the writer talks in circles. Basically, the writer is saying: "Believe the Bible because it's true. We know the Bible is true because it says so." That person applies the same kind of thinking to evolution and assumes that scientists can't think any straighter than that. Such people cannot be reasoned with because they don't understand the underpinnings of reason to begin with. They mean it well but it is not healthy thinking.

Atheists can continue to believe in scientific theories based on logic and reason. I will continue reading, understanding, and applying the word of God to my life. In the end, we will know the answers according to our biblical scriptures if you believe it.

I love that. Atheists can have "logic and reason" and this person will have the "word of God."

But how does this person know that the Bible is true if he has given away "logic and reason"? What if he was born in Iran and didn't have the Bible to read? Without logic and reason, he would have to accept the Qur'an as the "word of God."

Well, tell this person thanks for giving us logic and reason and that we gladly give him a book that, by his/her own admission contains contradictions and "atrocities."

Wow. Is this for real or one of those made-up "inspirational" things? If it's for real this person has problems.

Satan attempts to distract us and by using these contradictions, he tries to deceive us into thinking that the stories and messages of the bible are simply not true.

I realized that those so called atrocities, absurdities, and contradictions in the bible that atheist seem to pick out so well are ways to try to sway believers away from the biblical text. Now, I understand that not all atheists may operate this way. There are certain atheists that can respect other people's religion and just disagree with what is presented to them. I mainly speak of the atheists with websites that mock and try to put to shame the name of Jesus Christ. Atheist may see verses in the biblical text that they know can truly be the word of God, but the whole goal is to make an argument against the Christian religion so they couldn't show you the truth.

I am truly ashamed of the way that I allowed these people to turn me off to religion and I prayed to God for forgiveness and repented of this.

I read on the internet about the ways that churches supposedly convince people to live a certain way through the use of hypnosis.

I don't believe that my church and many other good churches out there try to warp people's minds into submission. But once again, this seems to be an atheists attempt to turn people away from Christ. It sickens me that I actually believed this and would like to make people aware of how the devil is trying to deceive people including myself.

The evolution theory and the big bang theory are scientific ways of saying that the Universe just appeared. In science, we are supposedly descendants of monkeys.

In science, things don't just happen so theoretically, there has to be a way that the matter got there according to logic and reason.

In the end, we honestly don't have all the answers to life so we have to make a choice and find it ourselves. Thankfully, we are provided with a source of answers from God which is known as the bible.

Atheists can continue to believe in scientific theories based on logic and reason.

Looking at all the above you can see this person basically blames Satan/the devil, atheists, "bad" churches, pastors, science and other things I didn't include for their reason(s) for being suckered into (or out of) their religion. No personal responsibility at all. They then "pray" so their god can bring them back into the fold. Something else they can't even do on their own.

Also, they need absolutes. They have no understanding of science. They admit that the universe came from somewhere but we don't know where exactly. They then have no clue about evolution but it's an insult to "come from a monkey." This person requires absolutes in their life and, of course, science, on the "big" issues cannot provide that (as we all know).

Is it any wonder this person seeks the security of religion? That they run back to their church (the one that doesn't brainwash like those others)? They are a weak person that requires black and white views of the world without any real personal responsibility other than choosing the "right" book.

Tell me this is not a real testimony.

mwc

I'm with you, mwc. This person has no real faith in his god to profess. He runs away from life and any ideas that are different into his "faith" and his book, scared of what a total weakling he really is.

I also don't get why "coming from a monkey" is so insulting. What's wrong with monkeys? Monkeys are cute!

Monkey!

I'd rather have come from a monkey than from DIRT. Plus I'd rather have come from a monkey than be handmade by a god that didn't understand what it was making and is incapable of managing it.