Goodbye Jesus

How Do You Feel About Shamanism?

Shaman

Hi, Im new around here and I'm a shamanist so I am not a christian so don't blash on me that hard. I read so much articles about Atheist and uses their words of wisdom to convince my Hmong people to not becoming a Christain for it is all lies.

What is your views on me being a Shamanist coming from an exchristian? Do you agree to my principle as being an Shamanist for I do not believe in christ? I'm not yet an Atheist so do I come close to being an exchristian since I shared the same views as Atheist?

This is an Ex-Christian website. That doesn't make it an atheists only club. There are Pagans, Wiccans, Deists, etc. etc. here.

I don't know much about shamanism. If that's the label you like, more power to you. Whether or not you will find a "welcome" here will depend more on your attitude towards members than in what you choose to call yourself.

Not even christians get automatically ripped here. Just most of them earn that by being condescending patriarchal assholes who make sweeping statements and broad generalizations. They don't tend to answer questions. So when you see a christian getting ripped, backtrack a bit. Check other threads where they've been active. You will find that anyone getting their ass grilled and handed to them personally earned it. Although they will swear up and down we are attacking them because of their "faith".

Like WhiteRaven says - it's not an atheist site. Our prime purpose is to help people who are recovering from Christianity. It's the thing we have in common, we are all escapees from the death cult.

Personally, I am an atheist, and I do find it hard to understand how people can escape one superstition, only to replace it with another.

My advice for these boards (and I don't always follow these guidleines myself!):

An attack on the someone's philosophy is not necessarily an attack on the person

Comments in print don't always convey the sense in which they were written

Count to 10 and re-read your replies before launching into someone

Treat other people as you'd like to be treated.

And welcome aboard

regards

Stew

Hi, Im new around here and I'm a shamanist.

Welcome.

What is your views on me being a Shamanist coming from an exchristian?
My on you as a person or Shamanist is just that...you are a person who happens to be a shaman. However, my view on Shamanism would depend on whether or not it claims a personal god, supernatural beings, literal places of heaven/hell, etc. If so, then I would say that Shamanism is a myth just as Christianity and other religions with deities, supernatural beings and literal heaven/hell are myths.

I'm not yet an Atheist so do I come close to being an exchristian since I shared the same views as Atheist?

No, you only become "close to being an exchristian" if you were at one time or another a Christian to begin with. If you were once a Christian and now are a Shaman then you are an exchristian, if not then you are just a Shaman. Atheists do not believe in any gods, supernatural beings, etc., etc. as there is a strong lack of verifiable evidence. If you believe in any of that then you are not near being close to the same beliefs as an atheist.

Glad to have you here.

Shamanism is a VERY broad description in our language. Perhaps you could expand a bit.

Do you practice animal totemsim?

Spiritual communion?

Etc?

yeah, uh, you need to elaborate a bit.

Heres what I know about the Hmung community:

1)They helped us fight in Vietnam.

2)Minnesota, the "do good" state, is shipping hmung over by the thousands to live in the twin cities because so many of them are living in refugee camps over in Vietnam.

3)The Hmung had no written language before the US came over and made one for them.

thats all I know....

now,

Shamanism refers to a range of traditional beliefs and practices similar to Animism that claim the ability to diagnose and cure human suffering and, in some societies, the ability to cause suffering.

If this is what you believe, then I am sorry, but I think it is bullshit.

I personally do not believe in anything Pagan or New Age but if it helps you and causes no harm, fine.