Goodbye Jesus

Sticky Sitch: Life Insurance Beneficiaries.

Kurari

I just finished handing in most of my paperwork for my new jobs. One of my bennies is a very nice life insurance policy the company offers and I don't have to buy. I was handed the form for listing my beneficiarys, and now I'm balking.

I am not married or seeing anyone, and I honestly do not like anyone in my family. My mother and brother as selfish as all hell. I do love them, that won't change, but they are not really what I'd consider family. But I know if I die unexpectedly, they could really use the money. Especially my mom.

I have a lot of friends I love very dearly, and they all do pretty allright for themselves. But I can't seem to choose among them to list as a beneficiary, and since my friends are all friends with each other, I don't want any of them to go, "Why did she choose him/her over me?" Money makes people do weird things and I don't want my friends fighting should I happen to die.

I was told if don't pick anybody, the money just goes nowhere. I really don't give a crap what happens to it, but I suppose I should do something useful with it. Anybody got any ideas?

You can make me your beneficiary. :bounce::wave::17:

Seriously, how about you make a friend a beneficiary but set it up so they donate all or most of it to a charity? Or can you make a charity your beneficiary? I don't know a lot about this sort of thing and I'm sure the laws vary from place to place.

You can fill in the blank now with your estate. This will send the money to your estate. Later you may find a place or person and change the beneficiary if you like.

Note: life insurance is tax free. Once in an estate account it will be taxed.