Goodbye Jesus

Doesn't It Feel Good?

Kelli

And I'm not in church. I was last week, because we visited a UU church for the second time, but today I am once again sitting at home relaxing on a Sunday morning. I usually work Monday through Saturday and rest on Sunday. No tiresome church services. No having to sing, no music practice, no watching brats in the nursery, no running sound... The kids are chilling out, relaxing and playing games, instead of reading and studying the bible in Sunday school and having to sit for hours on an uncomfortable pew.

Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

That's one commandment we can keep, LOL...

I made sure that all of my manservants took the day off.

Yes, I've enjoyed the ability to stay home and just relax on Sundays for over a year now, or go shopping if I wanted to, although most of the stores around here don't open til after 11 am on Sunday. Even saw one fundy store in the mall that closed for the whole Sunday because "we like to give our employees time for what matters most to them." Hmmm...so you don't give a crap about your customers who aren't fundy, eh? :rolleyes:

I like to sleep in on Sundays. My Sunday mornings are a time to rest. I work full-tme and I'm in school part-time so I need time to get caught up on my sleeping. If I were at church I'd be sleeping with my eyes open. Why do that when I can just sleep in my comfy bed at home?

My best friend is up before dawn to go sing in first and second service then work the church coffee shop till noon.

I slept till 12:30 and then started my laundry.

Yes, no more wasted hours trying to please an imaginary friend. An additional bonus is more money in my bank account. No tithing or "special requests" funds.

Vixentrox, I noticed you're from Colorado Springs... did you ever attend Ted Haggard's New Life church?

I was thinking about this kind of thing this morning too. How I love not having to attend church on Sundays. I can sleep in, or go to a job, or laze around, or whatever the hell I want.

Today the spouse went to work early. I slept until I felt like getting up, and got up at 9. I've been dinking around online, reading, doing journal entries, doing laundry, and being a lazy bum ever since. The wiener dogs are snoozing on the couch in the sun, and I'll probably take a nice bath later on, and cook some good yummy things for dinner.

I love not having to give my Sundays to anybody but myself now. :woohoo:

Gwenmead,

There's nothing like the sausage shaped lump of a weiner dog under the covers. Only those who have one understand it. I have a nine pound, double dapple.

Taph

Yes, I slept in this morning because last night I went to a rock 'n' roll concert.

I love Sundays now I used to hate it so much when I had to go to Church. 2 1/2 of the same stories over and over about hell fire and brimstone. Now that I am an Ex Christian when I do attend church. I just laugh quitely because I honestly can't take it serious it is like a joke to me.

There's nothing like the sausage shaped lump of a weiner dog under the covers. Only those who have one understand it. I have a nine pound, double dapple.

Awww! That's awesome. :)

I have a cranky 9-year-old black and tan girl, and a spunky little red 1-year-old boy. The red guy's sire was a dapple and so he has subtle dark-red-on-lighter-red spots on his back.

They're my kids. And they can take up the entire damn bed too!

My little girl is a rescue. Both her parents were double dapples, a big no, no, so she born with genetic deformity which makes her blind. She spent the first four years of her life in a cage. Now she owns the house, is a bed hog, and she smiles when you talk to her.

Today I slept in ( that was nice). I read 2 of the 3 assigned chapters for my courses. I relaxed a little. I even went to the gym. I made lunch (yummy lunch) for tomorrow. I'm still tuckered out so I'm heading to bed early. I'm glad I didn't waste 2 hours of my valuable time in church today.

I managed to stay in bed till nearly 11:30 this morning, then got up, had tea, and headed out to karate class with my partner.

Then we went over to my parents' place and worked our butts off sanding and painting an entire room. (Fortunately we're nearly finished the renovations, so in a few weeks we can spend Sundays working our butts off fixing up our own house.)

But I do enjoy sleeping in when I get the chance. In this I'm largely at the mercy of our eight cats, whose repertoire includes 100dB yowls of outrage; standing on my bladder; or patting me on the cheek with a pawful of claws. :twitch:

Got any pics of the wiener dogs, Taph? They sound ever so cute.

Ah yes it does.... though I haven't gone Sunday mornngs for years.. but it is nice to not have the guilt.

I sleep in, make a yummy brunch and sometimes do some laundry and household chores too.. yup breaking a commandment over here.... I also painted my nails today.

I also paint every Sunday with a group, always. I went today in a bit of a daze...but I went. I went to the hospital to visit my Gran.But usually I visit with friends on Sundays. It is my time.

I want to start going to the local Humanist chapter they meet every Sunday at 1030 am which I find a little early.. so I haven't made it to a meeting yet. I also want to start taking yoga classes so it could turn out that my Sundays are my day to take care of me.. I love cooking a big dinner on sunday afternoons... and sitting at home.. not worrying about rushing off to evening service...

[quote name='Celt Cat' date='Jan 14 2007

Ahh! a nice breakfast sandwich,a Sunday drive, my shopping at Wal Mart to arrive home to my wife and kids just getting up. Now thats a sermon!

No more mass and the feeling of what the fuck was that all about when I left church! I've never liked going to church my whole life. Its only now I have the courage and reason to stop the nonsense.

I worked on Sunday. Today is my day of rest.

I love the Sunday morning feeling too. Yesterday, seemed to last for ages and I loved it...when I was going to church the day used to fly by and then it'd be Monday morning again and I'm sitting at work wondering where the heck my weekend went.

Cool! Call me strange, but it's neat reading about what everyone else does to relax on their Sunday mornings.

I love how all the christian message boards are dead on sundays, LOL. You can post a rant and it will stay posted for longer than the usual 10 minutes, LOL. Not that I'm advocating that or anything, hehehe.

I love the Sunday morning feeling too. Yesterday, seemed to last for ages and I loved it...when I was going to church the day used to fly by and then it'd be Monday morning again and I'm sitting at work wondering where the heck my weekend went.

Yeah, I hear you on that one! Believe it or not I actually work quite a bit (much of my work is babysitting equipment and making repairs as necessary, so sometimes I have hours to play on message boards while I'm working), but it's still time away from my family. It's nice to have that time to spend really relaxing instead of putting on the goddamned happy face and performing for church. I actually start my week feeling fairly rested now.

Starting at 7 AM yesterday, I had sex with my BF repeatedly, took a very serious nap about 5 PM, watched Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, and then watched 3 Mythbusters in a row all with my BF before I had to take him to the airport so he could fly home.

Took today off from work so I could recover from the weekend visit. :wicked:

It was a damn good Sunday until I had to take him to the airport.