Goodbye Jesus

Ugh...friggin Idiots!

Asimov

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6269627.stm

BBC NEWS

Hindus opposing EU swastika ban

Hindus in Europe have joined forces against a German proposal to ban the display of the swastika across the European Union, a Hindu leader said.

Ramesh Kallidai of the Hindu Forum of Britain said the swastika had been a symbol of peace for thousands of years before the Nazis adopted it.

He said a ban on the symbol would discriminate against Hindus.

Germany, holder of the EU presidency, wants to make Holocaust denial and the display of Nazi symbols a crime.

Mr Kallidai said his organisation was writing to European lawmakers to highlight the issue.

The swastika has been around for 5,000 years as a symbol of peace,

Ramesh Kallidai

Hindu groups in Holland, Belgium and Italy were also involved in the campaign, he said.

"The swastika has been around for 5,000 years as a symbol of peace," he said. "This is exactly the opposite of how it was used by Hitler."

He said that while the Nazi implications of the symbol should be condemned, people should respect the Hindu use of the swastika.

"Just because Hitler misused the symbol, abused it and used it to propagate a reign of terror and racism and discrimination, it does not mean that its peaceful use should be banned."

The group said banning the swastika was equivalent to banning the cross simply because the Ku Klux Klan had used burning crosses.

The swastika is already banned in Germany. A previous attempt to ban it across the EU in early 2005 failed after objections from several governments, including the British.

Germany took over the six-month EU presidency on 1 January.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6269627.stm

Published: 2007/01/17 07:17:46 GMT

© BBC MMVII

Banning the swastika wont make Nazis go away!!!

Very true - Nazis will exist with or without the swastika being legal to be displayed. Take it from me - I know.

That, and banning symbols in the thought that it will magically make something bad go away is a tpyically Abrahamist thought. Legislation isn't what does away with things like Nazism, it's education. But in a country soaked for centuries in Xian thinking as well as still living in guilt for things that are over and done with and much repented for, little better can be expected.

And, as the Hindus correctly note, the swastika is an ages-old symbol that predates Nazism and does not therefore represent Nazi doctrine, so in proposing this, Germany is trying to infringe on the religious freedoms of others, as well as being just plain stupid.

Germany wants to spread its guilt-complex all over Europe? Ridiculous. For christ's sake, the war is over. Deal with it.

I often wondered how German WW2 Veterans got on. The Iron Cross 1st class and 2nd class were about equal to the American Silver and Bronze Stars respectively. I know the post-war German Government issued replacements for these medals which did not have the swastika in the middle of the cross nor the year 1939 at its base, but somehow I can't imagine a former soldier simply giving up a hard earned and honestly awarded battle decoration. It would go against the grain if he were any sort of a man at all, so I imagine they wore the (cough cough) politically correct versions on official occasions, but at private reunions and the like I can see the old issued versions coming out and a few of the old songs being bellowed out as well, and the State be damned!

Casey

Germany wants to spread its guilt-complex all over Europe? Ridiculous. For christ's sake, the war is over. Deal with it.
I agree with everything said. I quoted this just for emphasis. I don't understand why Germany can't move on. It's almost like they have to prove to the world that they aren't Nazis.

I really don't see much of a difference between this and the Saudis banning the letter "x."

Pssst! Don't mention the war.

ftowers1.jpg

(Sorry)

Of course not, and I think they fail to consider that Nazis have a lot of other symbols they use besides the swastika.

Try to tell that to our politicians who still think that total ban will achieve anything... :banghead:

Seriously, banning our symbols (after all it's also a holy symbol for us Asatruar, just like the runes the nazi scum like to use today...) in Germany is nonsense in my opinion, but understandable for Germany. Laws against holocaust denial are fine with me too, because I frankly can't conceive of any other reason for doing it than agitation of a pro-nazi-scum agenda (though strictly speaking it's a violation of free speech...). But banning the symbols EU-wide just because Germany thinks it must still have a problem with them is braindead. :vent:

Legislation isn't what does away with things like Nazism, it's education.

[...]

Word brother!

I agree with everything said. I quoted this just for emphasis. I don't understand why Germany can't move on. It's almost like they have to prove to the world that they aren't Nazis.

Dogma.

After the "hitler is da savjur" dogma of the 3rd reich Germany fell into the counter-dogma of "anything, literally anything, that deals with the 3rd reich at all without totally unconditionally condemning it is eeeeeebil!!!!11!!!!". Like has been said already, it's typical abrahamic nonsense. The key to defeating the nazi idiocy isn't banning the symptoms but fighting the cause (by proper education). Now there is education to that end over here of course, but it's such a dogmatic overdose that more than once in a while it backfires.

Sickening. :vent:

Of course not, and I think they fail to consider that Nazis have a lot of other symbols they use besides the swastika.

Tell me about that. One Futhark rune after another gets banned over here because the shitheads start using it as a symbol and the only thing our authorities can think of is banning each one of it. Anyone with a double-digit IQ should have noticed by now that they don't care a flying fuck... :banghead:

Banning something gives it power. When you ban something like this it sends the message that it is a threat to you, it gives it added weight and sends it underground. If no-one talks about nazi-ism except nazis in underground organisations then the young and impresionable who hear it don't get to hear the refutation. Let someone deny the holocaust if he wants, simply have someone there every time to explain that he is obviousely a moron.