Goodbye Jesus

Today I Saw Something

Ramen666

Christians come here and try to preach to us and we know the outcome. However today while I was waiting for the bus and people were just sitting waiting. A Jehovas Witness lady approached some guy and asked if he wanted this booklet.

What I watched is what was he going to say:

This is what I got from it

Lady- want some good literature

Guy- No I am a Christian

Lady- But Jehovas Witness's are Christians

Guy- I believe in Jesus

Lady- We are doing what Jesus did he did a lot for us

Guy- (silent)

Lady- Why else do you think we are out here at 30 degrees because Jesus did that when he came to earth

Guy- I don't want the book ok

Lady- (shocked)

Me( starring at her and him)

Lady- (walks off as fast as she could)

Why do I share this story? Not only Christians bickering at us but they are bickering within themselves. How are people really suppose to know the truth in Christianity when it is fight between one an another.

I think you're absolutely right Ramen. It's not enough that there are so many religions to choose from. Whithin each religion itself are all the various sects, each claiming an inside scoop on the Truth. Each sect of Christianity claims to know the real Jesus and thus are True Christians. It's ridiculous.

Lady- Why else do you think we are out here at 30 degrees because Jesus did that when he came to earth

Jesus passed around little booklets at bus stops?

I don't recall those verses. :shrug:

Guess I need to re-read the gospels.

Nor anything about him doing it in 30-degree weather :shrug:

As long as there are humans, there will be differences of opinion. Xianity isn't some magical cure for diversity of opinion - that's why there are so many sects. People will cherry-pick different bits of the Babble they like, form sects around it, and argue with those Xians who believe differently.

Little wonder they can't conquer the world for Jebus - they can't even believe the same thing about Jebus :HaHa::loser:

Over 2,200 different sects of christianity, last I checked. And every one of them thinks the other 2,199 are going to hell.

Well, I was taught as a good little baptist-boy that the JWs weren't even christians, they were just too "farr out in left field". And neither were the Lutherans, Episcopals, Presbys, or Methodists, because they sprinkled instead of dunked. And the catholics? The "papists"? Forget it! Idol-worshippers!

If a house divided against itself cannot stand, then let the xians fight 'till they drop. More room at the table for us.

Well he could have been doing it in the middle of the night....in January. I'm sure there must have been a few people waiting for the next......donkey train (?) into Jerusalem. :P

Well, I was taught as a good little baptist-boy that the JWs weren't even christians, they were just too "farr out in left field". And neither were the Lutherans, Episcopals, Presbys, or Methodists, because they sprinkled instead of dunked. And the catholics? The "papists"? Forget it! Idol-worshippers!

If a house divided against itself cannot stand, then let the xians fight 'till they drop. More room at the table for us.

Funny, as a Lutheran, I was also taught the JW's were not "Real" Christians, nor were the Mormons. Some Lutherans believe that Catholics were also not "Real" Christians either because of "worshipping Mary."

So it just goes to show that the pot calls the kettle black more often than not.

Funny, as a Lutheran, I was also taught the JW's were not "Real" Christians, nor were the Mormons. Some Lutherans believe that Catholics were also not "Real" Christians either because of "worshipping Mary."

So it just goes to show that the pot calls the kettle black more often than not.

Amethyst, you just reminded me....

Christianity has never agreed with itself! Ever! A large quantity of the religious art displayed in both the Uffizi and in the Academy of Fine Arts of Florence is dedicated to the early "debate" over the Immaculate Conception.

And even Constantine had to convene the Council of Nicaea just to get most of the basic doctrine agreed upon, and he even had tho threaten with exile those who would not sign their names to the agreement.

Trying to sell a Catholic, Lutheran, Baptist, or... on the Church of Christ was considered evangelism when I was a CoC minister.

Why do I share this story? Not only Christians bickering at us but they are bickering within themselves. How are people really suppose to know the truth in Christianity when it is fight between one an another.

Since when is morontheist christianity about truth anyway? Let's face it, morontheists need Them. Without Them as The Enemy they have no reason to work together, and their fellow morontheists become the new Them.

Yes it's :crazy:

Funnily enough, I've been both.

I'm surprised the little lady didn't use any standard answers from the little brown book the JW's have. Yes, they actually have a book to tell you what to say when someone says to you, among other things, "I'm born again"...

(can't remember what the actual answers were but I can remember that "30 degrees for Jesus" wasn't one of them)

Funny incident by the way.

The last few years of my christian life were spent as a more liberal christian. There were two churches we attended where the pastor forbade us from going to xyz church for any reason. One particular church we attended, the pastor got wind that we went to midweek service at a more liberal church down the road and he had a shitfit. We kept going there anyway, because we liked the music and quite frankly, I liked that it pissed him off, though I was too afraid to take my family out of there completely at that point.

Took me a while to figure out that a good many pastors are money-grubbing control-whores. I used to fear them like I feared the devil.

Well he could have been doing it in the middle of the night....in January. I'm sure there must have been a few people waiting for the next......donkey train (?) into Jerusalem. :P

:lmao: Thats funny as hell

Anyway since we are all talking about this when I was a Christian at my don denomenation church. I was told that JW were wrong and doing false teachings and so are catholics and there is a whole bunch of preachers out there telling lies.

WHOA...WHOA...That is absolutly absurd. So what I got from that is that their are Christians out there, that "think" they know God and "think" they are going to Heaven but they are going to hell. I am so glad I questioned the church in the end.

So much for the whole unity thing ever happening.

Maybe a non-canonical text? :HaHa:

Hey Guys!

When I was a christian.... :D My story sounds a lot like what others wrote. I was told that JW were wrong (never understood or don't remember why). Catholics are wrong because they worship Mary. The pentecostals thought the baptists weren't on fire for God. The United church was shunned too. The whole time it left me asking myself: Who has it right anyways?

I never heard of Jesus handing out booklets at bus stops back in the day. Maybe that's in the JW version of the bible....

I think any church is willing to say anything to get your money. A pastors mission statement seems to be all about trying to keep people from going to another church.

It's in the KJV1610. Only super-fundies even know of this version.

mwc

:HaHa:

That so explains his entrance into Jerusalem.

mwc

Over 2,200 different sects of christianity, last I checked. And every one of them thinks the other 2,199 are going to hell.

Try 34,000 give or take a hundred.

Like YDOAPS said, there's a lot more thatn 2200 sects of Christianity, but anywho, but I agree, that's one of my arguments too.

Take 2.2 billion Christians and 30,000 sects, that would make average 73000 Christians in each sect.

And we now that a big bunch of the church goers are not that devouted and not that sincere, let's say 25%, then we're down to 58,400.

There's 6.5 billion people in the world.

So looking at this, God let his own son die to save less than 0.0009% of the world. Wow. :twitch: I get higher return on my checking account.

So God will have about 60,000 people in Heaven and having a good time, while billions of people scream in agony in Hell. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right somewhere does it?...