Goodbye Jesus

"jimmie And The Atheist"

Rosa Mystica

I came upon this "delightful" Christian children's book online (found here). It's a story about a boy who is rescued from a burning house by an atheist. To show his gratitude for the man's good deed, Jimmie tells him about the saving power of Christ. :ugh: The book is described as having a "good salvation message".If you browse through the plot lines of the other "Living Stories" offered on this repugnant site, you might want to have barf bag handy (esp. for "His Hands" and "Barney's Barrel").

Don't know what your opinions are, but I think it's disgusting that *small children* should be force-fed such vomit-inducing tripe. :ugh: And Christians wonder why some people think ill of them... :twitch:

If you browse through the plot lines of the other "Living Stories" offered on this repugnant site, you might want to have barf bag handy (esp. for "His Hands" and "Barney's Barrel").

Twisted! The titles were bad enough without the plot lines. "Kevin learns to Obey". "Crippled Tom".

I am curious though, what exactly was "the Gospel Nut" that Marie uses to explain salvation in

"JoAnne & Ruthie"? :HaHa::HaHa:

Well, I like the part about the atheist risking his life to save a kid from a fire. That part rings true. However, I doubt a child could convince a self respecting apostate to return to his "benefactor". P'shaw! :Wendywhatever:

I came upon this "delightful" Christian children's book online (found here). It's a story about a boy who is rescued from a burning house by an atheist. To show his gratitude for the man's good deed, Jimmie tells him about the saving power of Christ. :ugh: The book is described as having a "good salvation message".If you browse through the plot lines of the other "Living Stories" offered on this repugnant site, you might want to have barf bag handy (esp. for "His Hands" and "Barney's Barrel").

Don't know what your opinions are, but I think it's disgusting that *small children* should be force-fed such vomit-inducing tripe. :ugh: And Christians wonder why some people think ill of them... :twitch:

ugh, i think i'll save myself the time and just go ahead and stick my finger down my throat. fuckin brainwashing bullshit.

The site says the books are "delightfully illustrated" yes, if by delightful you mean crap. cheese us

Haha! I like my story about Jimmy better. :HaHa:

BTW, did you notice that all the "delightful" little boys and girls doing all sorts of wonderful things for jesus (including Crippled Tom, who is stuck in an attic, yet somehow manages to spend all his money buying a bible...) Anyway... Geez, I get sidetracked easily... All those delightful girls and boys are nice and lily white, but Tim, who looks big and mean and has a bad temper, appears to be black or hispanic...

Ip! That shit might fly in 1950. This is 2006. Let's get real people.

"Donna's Missionary Offering".

I think I saw a movie called that once.....heh heh

"Donna's Missionary Offering".

I think I saw a movie called that once.....heh heh

:lmao: Wasn't that the sequel to "Donna Does It Doggy"

Doesn't the Atheist risking his life for a stranger prove a point that a life without a god can still lead to good deeds? I mean from the way people have talked to me, you would think that I am suddenly going to go crazy and do every sin in the book and look out for only myself. But even now, without god, I would no more stand and watch someone getting hurt and it was in my power to help, as I would when I was a Christian. My feelings haven't changed and if anything I feel more mercy towards people in other countries who are starving or hurting. As a Christian I thought that God would take care of it all and give any deserving person the Gospel so they could be taken care of in heaven.

These sound like some of the stories I've seen at the church where my family goes and I go sometimes. I started thinking that it's pretty gruesome to tell those kinds of stories to little kids, almost like it's for shock value. It doesn't even seem like average life, more like extreme examples of things. They have some stories on tape from the children's Bible hour and my kids like some of them, but they don't like the one that encourages you to "give till it hurts" (to the church, of course). I threw that one away. I said it's silly to encourage you to give your money if you can't afford to buy your own necessities.

sparkyone