Goodbye Jesus

Atheist Funeral Joke

trashy

So we're getting ready for work this morning and Paul Harvey mentions something as if it were fact. There was an atheist funeral in Mexia, Texas and a picture in the paper was captioned "Here lies an atheist, all dressed up and nowhere to go."

It's an obvious joke, but Harvey doesn't indicate such, and it wasn't part of his normal "For What It's Worth" humor segment. But it certainly sounds rather crass for a newspaper to run. So I did a bit of searching and I found the source. The Mexia Daily News City Beat column from January 18. About halfway down that column, you find the source - a little humor segment to break up the news a bit, called Trivia Corner.

In other words, it's a joke. Humor, funny, ha-ha. And Paul Harvey throws it out nationwide like it was a true story.

What a maroon..... :loser:

Well, what you're observing is the birth of an urban legend.

In 2-3 years from now, you will hear it more.

In 5-10 years from now, it will be common story among Christians and the like.

Just watch and see...

I like that Paul Harvey's website has him listed as the "most well-known newsman in the world." Funny that, for before today I never heard of him. :scratch:

Ha. Ha. I heard that old, unfunny joke from my grandfather (born in 1876) when I was a very small child. Paul Harvey, who is 89, probably heard it from his grandfather, too.