Goodbye Jesus

I Did An Oral Report On Atheism In My Religious Studies Class And Defended And Explained Atheism

bluewizard

I just got done talking about and defending atheism the whole time in Religious Studies class in college this Tuesday, a 75 minute class for an Oral Report which was originally supposed to be a 10 minute presentation but with so many questions and answering done by me and another atheist girl it lasted the whole class. I got some tough questions such as "Would you cheat if you had my grade scale" and a couple others from the Professor and there was plenty of Christian opposition to go around, one person said Jesus was resurrected, it's a document fact and we just said that's a religious story to us and I explained the reasons for me being an atheist as well as Pagan mythology similarities to Christianity. Someone in there was defending the idea of Hell and why anyone who's not a Christian is going there and some other things like where the world came from and was I raised atheist and I told how I was raised Baptist and how my deconversion started. It was fun, my friend thought it was funny I wore my Emperor shirt(Emperor is a black metal band) while talking about atheism. And I got a perfect score on it. And after class the professor shook my hand and told me I did an outstanding job. Even some of the Christians told me I did a good job on it. :woohoo:

Thanks, it was the first time I talked in a public setting about atheism, I wasn't nervous at all about the public spekaing, public speaking has never scared me, but I was a little nervous about talking about atheism for the first time but it went well.

Fantastic Bluewizard! Good job. Too bad you're still going to hell though. :grin:

Thanks, it was the first time I talked in a public setting about atheism, I wasn't nervous at all about the public spekaing, public speaking has never scared me, but I was a little nervous about talking about atheism for the first time but it went well.

Good lord, and you're here in TN? The buckle of the Bible Belt! I'm surprised you were not strung upin the courtyard.

That's awesome! Is your professor liberal, or do you know?

I don't think I'd have the guts to do that. Hopefully you got some people thinking and dispelled some common atheist myths. :)

I go to UT Martin, Martin is a small town with plenty of churches and the Ten Commandments hung up as you go into the town. I don't know what my professor is, he asked the class "Now you don't believe in the Devil anymore do you?" and nearly the whole class said they did.