Goodbye Jesus

Joe Rogan On Noah's Ark

Mythra

I spotted this over at IIDB - I decided to share the love with my good brothers and sisters here.

This is exactly the amount of careful consideration that religious claims deserve, IMO.

That was hilarious.

Joe Rogan nailed that precisely when he was talking to the guy.

Joe is fucking hilarious,,,,,and very educational

Joe Rogan is my new hero. He did an awesome job refuting that dude.

And did you notice that no matter how much sense Joe made, that nitwit STILL kept trying to ignore what Joe said and returned to "but they found the remains of a boat. Couldn't that mean something?" SOP of every Xian remaining steadfastly retarded in the face of the facts.

"Don't confuse me with the facts. I have to protect my Faith!"

I'm impressed. I always thought the guy was a dumbass. It was the Fear Factor effect. He's pretty sharp though.

Oh, and that response he gives the guy where he hits himself on the head and says "you would have to be a complete imbecile to believe that stuff" is exactly the kind of response Christians deserve when they offer up their stories of dead being raised, virgin births, etc... If the sane members of society would do that, Christianity would disappear in a heart beat. We're all enablers to a degree when we don't respond with utter disbelief that grown people can believe this stuff. Joe's response was far more rational than most of ours would be I'm afraid.

I always wondered how Noah tamed all of those species of animals, considering that he had a good mix of carnivores(predators) and herbivores(prey). They had to get hungry sometime...Or did the cats just miraculously start living off grass?

Oh, and that response he gives the guy where he hits himself on the head and says "you would have to be a complete imbecile to believe that stuff" is exactly the kind of response Christians deserve when they offer up their stories of dead being raised, virgin births, etc... If the sane members of society would do that, Christianity would disappear in a heart beat. We're all enablers to a degree when we don't respond with utter disbelief that grown people can believe this stuff. Joe's response was far more rational than most of ours would be I'm afraid.

THAT is what I've been harping on for the past two years!!! And no one wants to listen to me. The majority of unbelievers think that it's "rude" to call Christians idiots to their faces. They believe that we don't have the "right" to be "evangelical" in our unbelief. That we should just be meek and polite and treat Christians as if nothing is wrong with them.

And THAT is why religion/Christianity remains with us and will NEVER go away! We need to mock and deride and scorn Christians to their faces. Laugh loudly every time they trot out their foolishness. Adults believing fairy tales should NOT be an acceptable pratice in a modern society. They should be forced to hide their beliefs in shame just like a pedophile, or someone who's pissed their pants.

Thereby feeding the fires of their persecution complex. :Hmm:

That's the real trick to Christianity. Criticize it and they're being persecuted. Accept it and the virus spreads. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

That's the real trick to Christianity. Criticize it and they're being persecuted. Accept it and the virus spreads. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

How is laughter feeding their persecution complex? How is ignoring them? I'm not advocating burning down a church (persecution), just "answering a fool according to his folly".

Christian: "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved!"

Me: "Yeah, whatever." [snicker!] "I suppose you still believe in the Tooth Fairy, too? Grow up." [Don't argue. Just turn and walk away.]

Enough treatment like that and they won't be so quick to open their yappers in public. What have we got to lose? NOT doing anything sure as hell hasn't worked.

Remember: "Laughter is the BEST medicine."

Remember: "Laughter is the BEST medicine."

Yeah, I agree, checkmate.

Arguing with a christian fuels the concept that their theology and perspectives are worthy of consideration.

I'm not sure biting, sarcastic ridicule is the right approach. But, when you just laugh at them and make it clear that this isn't a mindset for thinking adults, you make it clear that silliness is regarded as such. Even when it comes masquerading as the WORD OF GOD.

Especially when accosted by a JFreak in public. I think the best thing is to walk away chuckling.

The point is that though they deserve such a response they don't get one. Those of us who are sane have seen enough people who believe in the ridiculous that it fails to shock us. Moreover, we have been conditioned by society to be polite and nod (sadly enough, by them as a fail safe mechanism to protect their beliefs) even though a more rational response would be to bang our head in Joe form and scream in disbelief "You really believe that!"

It's Bizzarro world.

How is laughter feeding their persecution complex? How is ignoring them? I'm not advocating burning down a church (persecution), just "answering a fool according to his folly".

I agree with this to. They won't feel persecuted if normal people start laughing at them. Not if it is not done maliciously, but instead out of genuine amusement at the silliness of it all. They will feel embarrassment. And they should.

I think embarrassment is a stronger emotion for most than the feeling of persecution. Studies on the fear of public speaking would suggest as much.

The point is that though they deserve such a response they don't get one. Those of us who are sane have seen enough people who believe in the ridiculous that it fails to shock us. Moreover, we have been conditioned by society to be polite and nod (sadly enough, by them as a fail safe mechanism to protect their beliefs) even though a more rational response would be to bang our head in Joe form and scream in disbelief "You really believe that!"

It's Bizzarro world.

True, and good point. I remember going to a neighbor's garage sale several months ago. I bought some books, and as I was leaving, one of the women gave me a penny or something saying it was good luck or wards off bad luck or somesuch superstitious nonsense. I was about to chuckle at the joke, then I looked at her face and saw she was dead serious.

To say I was flabbergasted would be just a bit of an understatement. I had no idea how to respond, and I didn't want to be rude to my next-door neighbors, so I just accepted it uncertainly and left. It was an interesting experience, though; I've never before or since met someone who actually believes in stereotypical supertitions like that.

I agree with this to. They won't feel persecuted if normal people start laughing at them. Not if it is not done maliciously, but instead out of genuine amusement at the silliness of it all. They will feel embarrassment. And they should.

I think embarrassment is a stronger emotion for most than the feeling of persecution. Studies on the fear of public speaking would suggest as much.

Didn't you know, the bible says they will be ridiculed and laughed at!

I love that, its like making a prediction that you'll be laughed at for wearing a nappy and dancing down the street singing polly wolly doodle in a bonnet.