Goodbye Jesus

Another Sunday Without Church

ThinkingForMyself

Today is/was Sunday. I have to say I was pretty tired today. I work full-time and am taking two courses part-time (still working at my CGA). I was up late on Friday trying to get some stuff done. Then up early on Saturday for class. After class I ran some extra errands and went home to take a nap. I've spent most of my time sleeping since then. I guess I have a tendancy to wear myself out from time to time.

Today I've done 50 of the 85 pages of reading for the week. Yes, I really do have that much reading to do each week. I corrected some minor errors on the assigment that's due on Thursday so it's completely done now. And I chilled a little.

Tonight I"m going to tape the Apprentice. This season is actually good. Well I'm enjoying it. I like the change in locations and how they're using smaller companies than last season. There are a couple of people who I think are funny. Anyways I'm also going to finnish getting things ready for next week. And head to bed early to get a good night's sleep.

How did you guys spend your time away from church today?

I have an idea, I see this topic every Sunday it seems. To me without church , I forget its sunday sometmes :woohoo: anyway ask a mod to pin this topic so we have one topic instead of a bunch.

Today (after looking at the time - yesterday) I got up and had my halls of residence to myself as everyone had gone their separate ways to church. So I celebrated by watching two films (both of which are frowned upon by my Christian hall-buddies) and, because most of my stuff was still in suitcases, ironed ALL of my clothes. I then wrote part of a song. And ate a pizza all to myself. What a nice day.

I slept until 1 in the afternoon. Got up, had something to eat, surfed the 'net, watched a couple of episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus.... that brings us to now. Here I am on the Internet again. it's -35 C here with the windchill so there was no way I was leaving the house today. ;)

I forgot to post in my thread this week. I've been creating one every week.

Slept in after talking with Nivek on the phone until 3am. Stripped a big old dead transformer for the copper to bring to the scrapyard tomorrow. Made homemade chicken noodle soup. Put a new hard drive in Susie's new (to her) laptop that I was supposed to put in at Christmas and am right now installing Ubuntu on it.

That was my church-free Sunday this week.

What I did was different. I went to church wih family for 2 reasons: 1. To get my 2nd denomination that's different from my religious beliefs out of the way and 2. Because since I still live with my parents when I'm not at college not much has changed despite me turning 18 last year and I have to go to Sunday morning service with them(boring yes, but I've heard the stories enough the brainwashing doesn't affect me, my experience in atheism and my ability to be bored in church is great.) Since I was with my family I did whatever they did afterwards, visited my Mom at her place of work which was fine, then shopped at Wal Mart for way too long, ate lunch at 12:45. visited with my Grandma for a couple hours, came home and got to do what I wanted to do finally(Yes!). Got on the computer and played guitar and had a good dinner of cheseburger and fries and watched TV as well.

I slept in till 10, did some laundry.. watched some tv on the couch.. and had some brunch. I went downtown to Starbucks and grabbed a chai latte and scone.. then went to my watercolour class with my nice new paintbrush.

I then met up with my mom, and went to my grandparents house and cooked some dinner there and visited with them.. I then went to my very xian's friends house hung out with her for a bit, and watched the kids while she went out with her ex- to talk about stuff. I painted and watched tv, while they were gone..

just got home a while ago.. more laundry tidying up.. and playing ont he computer.. I really should have come home this afternoon and finished cleaning up around the house..

i've worked every sunday for about a year, and i love it. i have two days off in the middle of the week, when i take it easy and relax--what much of the working world does on sunday. but when i have my "weekend," everything is open, people are everywhere to talk to, and i can buy liquor for later that night.

My girlfriend and I usually go to breakfast with a couple of friends every Sunday. It's awesome.

Other than that, it's just like Saturday. You take care of business, have fun, whatever needs to get done.