Goodbye Jesus

Chit Chat At Work

Clearview

There are 4 other women who work in this section of the office, and they will gather in the cubilcle next to me and talk non-stop, really loud, and I want to blow my head off with a shotgun.

I took notes this morning. They are only highlights, though. They’re still talking, btw, but they are kinda quiet. There has been no work-time up here all day. Okay, maybe 15 minutes of it.

The following took place between 9:00 and 10:00 am:

1. Tyra Banks and Beyonce. Do they really weigh 161 lbs?

2. Who eats fish, how Tori and Colin like their fish prepared.

3. How do they change the date of Easter?

4. Let’s talk about Ash Wednesday now, even though we aren’t Catholics.

5. The groundhog did not see his shadow today.

6. Stupid movies our kids want to see. Let’s find the show times and locations.

7. Today was Del Donohue’s last day on Channel 3. Remember when he got attacked by a tiger?

8. What’s everyone doing for Valentine’s Day? Restaurant descriptions. Pros and cons.

9. Where we go for corned beef sandwiches on St. Patrick’s day. (Pssst… It’s “Cohen’s,” not “Conan’s” you f’n idiots.)

10. What day of the week is St. Patty’s day this year? OMG its Saturday.

11. All about the St. Patty’s day parade (long conversation, personal experiences)

12. St. Patty’s day parade crowd survival strategy.

13. There’s a Cheerio on the floor.

14. Let’s talk about the mouse we think we have in the office.

15. Nicole’s horrible mother in law.

16. People who want Girl Scout cookies yet weren’t asked to purchase by ANYONE. Omg.

17. Who was a Girl Scout and when.

18. Is that Will Smith on the radio? Mock African American speech. Talk about the Jeffersons.

19. Betty White is still alive.

20. Nicole has giant boobs and doesn’t look right in her maid of honor dress. She should be able to wear a different dress than those skinny, non-booby girls.

21. Weaning the baby has caused Nicole’s breasts to engorge.

22. Let’s laugh about cleavage.

23. Crazy wedding themes. Hallie uses the word “theme-y”

24. How hard it is to use the treadmill.

25. Pam is taking pictures of everyone to put in the center of paper hearts and she’s going to hang them on the outsides of our cubicles.

26. Let’s talk about Valentine’s Day again.

Am I the only one who has to deal with this crap?

Nope. I blogged about this kind of crud the other day. It was either blog.....or KILL KILL KILL!!!!

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?auto...p;showentry=368

Cherish your cubicle walls.

hi guys,

I too have ranted about this very thing. Although I can usually block out the chit chat unless I really am having a hard time with something. It's the loud music and the loud talking that gets me going especially when I am trying to talk on the telephone with one of our customers. That happened Wednesday and I'm sure the caller heard it all as they were standing outside my office doorway going at it. I was just about ready to put the caller on hold and go close my door when they finally moved. I'm sure that caller was given a great impression of our organization especially since he was calling regarding a major problem. And frankly I shouldn't have to close my door in order to conduct business since I am in a place of business!

I've got a very Christian woman who sits in the cubicle outside my office. She is constantly on the cell phone (that way they can't tell she's wasting company time) talking about her church. She brings in her homework projects from her theology classes to work on and she plays her gospel music all day. Now she's taken to putting up christian sayings outside her cubicle so everyone walking down the corridor has to see them. One day, I'm going to come into the office early and pull the darn things down. I haven't gone to her supervisor yet (not sure that I will), he's new but seems to be a bit of an a--, he called down one employee for leaving early because he was sick, guy didn't wait around to tell him he was leaving as the super was on his cell phone and just told a co-worker he was leaving, had the nerve to say "he knew the law", he might know the law but since our policy is more lenient it trumps federal law and therefore the employee was all within his rights to tell a co-worker and not his supervisor he was leaving. And since he knows the law so well he of all people should know that he's setting himself up for a possible EEOC complaint just by allowing the sayings to stay on the wall. Guess he best pull out that EEOC manual and blow off the dust because all it will take is one complaint regarding the religious bullsh--.

The latest statement hanging on the wall is to the affect of someone may forgive you today but you will be judged in the future.

I get irritated with loud mouths in line at the stores, or cashiers that talk over you at the store to another cashier about shit like CV's OP. Those only last awhile and I can get away, you guys have to "grin and bear it" so to speak. However, as a teen I was a cashier (never did that) and then I was in the military for four years so I can relate even though we didn't have cubicles.

I get irritated with loud mouths in line at the stores, or cashiers that talk over you at the store to another cashier about shit like CV's OP. Those only last awhile and I can get away, you guys have to "grin and bear it" so to speak. However, as a teen I was a cashier (never did that) and then I was in the military for four years so I can relate even though we didn't have cubicles.

Ditto that. I also love it when the cashier is talking on their cell phone and you are trying to cashout. Or the person in front of you is talking on their cell phone and the cashier is trying to cash them out. My son works at Bestbuy and they actually have a policy, no cell phones which I think is great. Only problem, he doesn't have a car so if I can pick him up I can't reach him to tell him not to walk home. He knows that he needs to check his phone before leaving work to see if I called but that only works if he remembers to take his phone to work with him.

There are 4 other women who work in this section of the office, and they will gather in the cubilcle next to me and talk non-stop, really loud

Jezzzzzzzuschrist! I work in an elementary school where the people I eat with are all women without children. I's "When do I go for my facial?" One of me fuckin nails broke,she's gonna fix it! I have to go home at lunch to clean my bird cage!

The fuckin chiorpractor doesn't have my insuance cover massages anymore!

I feel stressed out because getting my gair done is to close to our dinner date!

I have to pay the mortage on our second house in Cape May!

Constant hypochyndriac health complaints!

Now, I love these girls, But after my after school tutoring job, I'll go home, break up fights and screaming with my kids. Pick up cheerios from the floor, help with homework give baths, make my lunch and crash into bed or my recliner and thats with grateful help from my wife! Good post!

Ip! Thankfully our office BS talk is pretty much confined to talking about the nice "equipment" that comes standard on professional hockey cheerleaders, which hot sales chick was added to or removed from the skirt squad this week, and the best and newest ways to annoy air talent. All usually done while we're actually working on something, so no productivity lost.

Most people are pretty quiet where I work, but occassionally I overhear people's phone calls. It's annoying. Especially since I'm easily distracted by sounds as it is.

I've tried bringing my iPod nano in, but so far the music's distracted me. I do really detailed spreadsheet work though, like macro programming. I need to find some white noise electronic type stuff. The venting system helps, since when the air circulates, it muffles the sounds. I suppose I could invest in a really expensive pair of noise-cancelling headphones. I just don't have the money right now for them, unless I can find a pair under $50.

You poor poor people; I mean that sincerely. I would hand you a shotgun after asking you to shoot me with it first. I am not working now, and not for the past three years and reading this makes me kinda glad. Problem is, I live with a male roommate who would fit right in with the women in your cubicle. ... In fact, yep, I ust read him this post and his words exactly were, "I would be right in that cubicle with them...heh heh, 'cleavage.'"

I thought I would play it safe, being the way I am, get a male roomie but I had to end up with the guy who hung out with the gang of giddy girls in school. You know the one? It turns out that everything about him makes me cringe. I had to re-arrange the whole house so we are hardly ever in the same room because I was feeling like a prisoner in my own home. I dread weekends when he is home. Today is a weekend. I hate my roommate.

"When do I go for my facial?" One of me fuckin nails broke,she's gonna fix it! I have to go home at lunch to clean my bird cage!

The fuckin chiorpractor doesn't have my insuance cover massages anymore!

I feel stressed out because getting my gair done is to close to our dinner date!

I have to pay the mortage on our second house in Cape May!

Yes, the pointless mini-subjects of conversation quite possibly irritate me more than anything. Nobody cares if your kid ate his snack at school today.

Although, I have to say that the ongoing saga of one woman's grandson who couldn't poop, who didn't poop, for an entire month, did get high marks from me for entertainment factor.

One time, blasting David Hasselhoff's "Hooked on a Feeling" got them to stop chattering. They then started singing.

One time, blasting David Hasselhoff's "Hooked on a Feeling" got them to stop chattering. They then started singing.

LOL. I hear the Hoff is quite popular in Europe.

I found some white noise on iTunes. I'm going to try it out and set it to a continuous loop and see if it helps me sleep.

I tried the white noise tracks today. They worked wonders! Just set them on repeat and block out the constantly annoying sounds of your co-workers.