Goodbye Jesus

Brainwashed Cultists

Guest mortician

Guest mortician

Isnt this a site for exchristians to share their experiance and hope.Is this a debate site?Why to we have to endure the vomitus spewings of brainwashed cultists?propagating their repugnant jesus cult propaganda.Threatening us with hell fire and judgment from their imaginary sky daddy.Just my thoughts.Whats up with this?

Mortician

It is mostly for Ex-Chrisitains to share experiences and get support. But there is also debate areas and areas just for fun.

Hello Mortician,

Welcome to Ex-C. Love your user name, BTW!

No, this is not primarily a debate site. The primary focus here is encouraging other ex-Christians. Christians are restricted to where they can post. However, we believe in free speech, even if we don't agree with it.

Taph

Isnt this a site for exchristians to share their experiance and hope.Is this a debate site?Why to we have to endure the vomitus spewings of brainwashed cultists?propagating their repugnant jesus cult propaganda.Threatening us with hell fire and judgment from their imaginary sky daddy.Just my thoughts.Whats up with this?

It's fun to watch them squirm when they refuse to answer the hard questions.

I don't know, I kind of like reading the drivel fundies drop here, and the many replies. I have learned things from other ExChristians here in the debates, and they have given me many a giggle. Since it is contained to particular forums its fairly easy to avoid. I admit there have been times when I just wasn't in the mood and only read forums like Totally Off Topic, or I left this site and went to neopets, or... gasps, I got offline completely. :eek:

This is primarily a support group for people coming out of a painful devotion to Christianity, although I'm not sure if it's the healthiest, simply because we're not experts. I would say that if you expect to walk away from this site entirely healed and without anger, regret or replacement bindings, then you might be asking too much.

I've learned a lot from this site, especially just about people in general. I would say I've learned a lot about psychology and dealing with different sorts of people, and what inspires what and so on.

It's fun to watch them squirm when they refuse to answer the hard questions.

Like 'can you show me your god?'

I caught a lot of flack on CARM for that one, but no answer.

Mortician

I don't know about you, but for quite a few of us the braindead zombie babblings are a good reminder of why they left and why there's absolutely no reason to even start considering to come back... :fdevil:

Guest mortician

Great replys thanks.Good points It does indeed help to see brainwashed cultists babbling about imaginary invisable men.Only strengthes me.But christianity offends me.I left one medical transport company because the driver(a brainwashed cultist)Insisted on blasting her jesus cult music,now i hear she may apply at my new transport company.Ill just have to be assertive and ask that she respect me and turn it down so I cant hear it over my head phones.tsk tsk these jesus cult members think its their god given duty to preach and spread the message to the hell bound lost souls.I guess we just have to find some way to deal with it.Its the reality of the situation

Mortician

Also many people find it easier to confront fundies here than in real life, especially when said fundies are members of their own family or people at work.

Also many people find it easier to confront fundies here than in real life, especially when said fundies are members of their own family or people at work.

Yeah, online in general people are more upfront. It has more to do with not having to actually look a living person in the eye and say something, but merely to type a nearly-anonymous post in a network of millions.

The problem is that you don't know if that's really a fundy on the other end or a middle-aged pedophile who spanks himself while reading about damnation.

I hope this thread grows l-o-n-g. I love it. I wanted to read a whole batch of why-we-need-to-support-exChristians. I was so into reading it that I toppled off the end of the thread. Boo-hoo!

Guest mortician

Exchristians need support as does any other recovering cult member.Help in gaining freedom from self loathing,freedom from hating homosexuals and muslims,freedom from a non democratic totalitarian dictatorship type of mind set,freedom from abusing our children by telling them they are repugnant and sinful and in need of forgivness or they will burn in the eternal flames of torture in hell with the devil,and freedom from the fear of hell ourselves(Historys most cruel lie).Its not very helpful when brainwashed cultists use their techniques to try and strike fear into our recovering hearts.

Mortician

It is for Ex-C's to rebuild their lifes after coming out of religion, and Christians are welcome to come and debate, and really what it mostly does for you, is that it makes you aware of how you were before and you realize even more how wrong you were. At least that's what happened to me. Many (but not all, some of them are cool) Christians that come here, made me see myself from before, and I understood finally how ignorant and stupid I was. There's one thing to realize that you maybe don't believe this stuff anymore, and you can find others with the same experience, but to really see yourself in a mirror from the other side is the most extreme experience and you finally can "get it".

I don't actually mind the fundy ravings. They're a great reminder of why I left the cult, and why I should never go back.

Plus I honestly find it cathartic to chew Xians out here when they're being asshats. I'm not normally terribly confrontational and I haven't had much practice with living with the possibility of making other people mad and not being afraid of that, so the anonymity of a board like this provides a safe, supportive space where I can tell somebody they're being a dick, and not feel so afraid of whether or not they get pissed about it.

I also find it helpful to hang out (in a virtual sense, though I've met at least one person here in RL... :wub: ...and hopefully will meet another few who live in my area) with people who have been through a lot of what I've been through too. It's that whole thing about not feeling quite so alone and crazy if there's at least one other person who can relate to an experience or feeling.

Stuff like that.