Goodbye Jesus

Should We Eliminate "in God We Trust"?

Fishapod

I've been doing that for years. :poke:

Oh poo. I have a $20 on my desk so I crossed it off on the back, turned it over and damn if someone hasn't written, God love you, on the front of it. It's a new twenty too! So I had to cross that off too ... just the word "god."

Oh poo. I have a $20 on my desk so I crossed it off on the back, turned it over and damn if someone hasn't written, God love you, on the front of it. It's a new twenty too! So I had to cross that off too ... just the word "god."

Aha, the Christians are striking back already!

Some think that you can get in trouble for defacing money, but really, with all the people who mark up bills with phone numbers, names, religious slogans and "where's George?", I don't think there'd be any problems with someone crossing out the word God. I doubt you would do it where everybody could see you anyway, like while sitting on a bus. Does anyone even notice the "In God we trust" slogan? I don't bother to look at it.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't care. I think of the word "god" as an ambiguous word that can mean anything.

Ultimately, I don't care, because it doesn't affect my life one way or the other.

But ideally, yes, I'd like to have that phrase struck from all currency. It presupposes a Theistic belief by all Americans which all Americans do not claim to have. It portrays an inaccurate image of Americans as being religious folk, which all are not.

Money doesn't need religious slogans.

Or just use a credit card or write checks for as many transactions as possible. Cash is already obsolete, with the exception of very small purchases. It's too bad that the phrase is on coins too.

Eventually physical money will be replaced by some form of electronic transfer anyway. I give it another century at most. Probably it will be less.

Or just use a credit card or write checks for as many transactions as possible. Cash is already obsolete, with the exception of very small purchases. It's too bad that the phrase is on coins too.

Eventually physical money will be replaced by some form of electronic transfer anyway. I give it another century at most. Probably it will be less.

Yeah we will probably have a cashless society too.......then the government will get rid of the credit cards and place a "mark" on you. This mark will let you buy or sell stuff. To make it easier they will place it on your right hand, or your head if you don't got a hand. But before you can do that you must worship the antichrist and give your life over to him!!! Well at least thats what christians tell me. :shrug:

I would rather see the government officially delete it, but after reading this guy's comment on the video, I'd probably do it just to piss people like him off:

look dumb asses,the bible has been through more then 2007 years, do you think a god of love willmake you pick between 100s of religons? i dont believe every single thing the bible says, i dont have a religon, i do believe in god.

and besides if "in god we trust" offends you, then dont look at it...not hard, everytime i look at a bill i dont think "in god we trust". stop being a winey little bitch and deal with it.

i hate stupid people.

Some people worship money

Money is their god

In Money We Trust then, like Vixentrox said

or it's approriate as is for them now

Problem is it's not right for everyone

Now if they start putting that on my credit card.... :nono: