Goodbye Jesus

To Cia...

Warrior_of_god

Pardon the rant but something has been bugging me lately.

Kennedy once said that he would "break the CIA into a thousand peices" meaning that he wanted their powers and actions to be thrown into the light and overseen and regulated. For much of its hitsory CIA has overthrown governments, killed people and done other horrid acts. They have used LSD, questionable interogation techniques and many forms of coercionand have the power to create black projects through which billions of dollars can be "lost"...all in the name of defending and protecting this country. And the American people have gone along with it. No questioning, no oversight committees, no subpoenas for documents, nothing. When we do wrong to protect ourselves its seen as acceptable, when others do it we condem it. Where do we, as a people, get off doing that? Kennedy should never have had to try to break CIA...the people should have done it for him long before he came along.

Any act to try would probably seen, at least by this administration, as traitorus. I dont how, but im comtemplating writing a book now.

Write the book and see what happens.

Thats my plan. Heh...if only JFK had "broken CIA into a thousand peices and scattered them to the winds."

Write the book. Americans have been indoctrinated that the government, like god, is all good and has only the best of intentions. They remain willfully ignorant of the horrible behavior of their own secret government, the CIA, as they make the assumption that it is there to somehow protect their own interests. In reality, as you know, the CIA is bungling and it protects the interests of corporate interests far more often than it does the interests of the American people. Masacres of banana growers in Central America to protect the interests of United Fruit is a good example. There are many more.

I agree with you that the CIA should be shut down--but how?

That's the million-dollar question.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but it wouldn't surprise me overly much if a president who truly did try to break up the CIA were assassinated in office. They're one of the most powerful organizations in the world, with many of the most intelligent and most well-trained people in the world in their employ. The CIA won't go down without one hell of a fight, and it would probably leave a mark on just about everyone.

The CIA won't go down without one hell of a fight...

Then we need someone who would be the same and not be a coward.

...Was it mentioned that the CIA has bullets?

...And guns to shoot them out of?

...Was it mentioned that the CIA has bullets?

...And guns to shoot them out of?

Your point? So did the British...and we warred with them. So did Nazi Germany and Japan...the list goes on...

The CIA won't go down without one hell of a fight...

Then we need someone who would be the same and not be a coward.

I think you misunderstood my point, though Valgier's questions related to it.

By "one hell of a fight," I don't mean multi-millionaire lobbyists and public relations campaigns. I mean "President X is proposing to shut us down." "Well, it's been long enough now, I think the country's ready for another assassination."

On top of that, the battle would be about as winnable as the war on terrorism. The CIA is already secretive to the point of being endothermic, I don't imagine it would be a serious problem to simply ratchet up the secrecy and covert nature just a few more notches to the point at which most people wouldn't even know the organization exists.

On top of that, the battle would be about as winnable as the war on terrorism.

Sometimes its not about winning its the principal behind the matter.

Sometimes its not about winning its the principal behind the matter.

And thats why you've fucked up Iraq. Principle means precisely dick when lives are on the line.

And thats why you've fucked up Iraq. Principle means precisely dick when lives are on the line.

Im sorry...what leap of faith did I miss here? And dont tell me why we screwed up Iraq, tell Bush and his buddies who had a hard-on for the war since they took office. And whose lives would be on the line by doing this with CIA?

Im sorry...what leap of faith did I miss here? And dont tell me why we screwed up Iraq, tell Bush and his buddies who had a hard-on for the war since they took office. And whose lives would be on the line by doing this with CIA?

You said it was the principle of the thing. Its easy to say that but when you're the one in trouble its a different story. I'm not sure the CIA would try and kill people anyway.

Its easy to say that but when you're the one in trouble its a different story.
It can be.

I'm not sure the CIA would try and kill people anyway.

Maybe not. However im sure it would cross someones mind.