Goodbye Jesus

Stop Smoking Now!

neverclear5

I actually found a flyer for this place floating around the break room of my research institute and was instantly disgusted, followed quickly by very amused, when I looked into what it was.

www.newwaysclinic.com

Did you know you can instantly stop smoking for the low low price of £300 (5 or 6 hundred bucks). How?, with the wonder of bioresonance! Not only is the base concept bollocks, but they don't even understand what a frequency is!! They say that nicotene in the body is represented by a wave. First, why???? Second, even if you meant nicotene levels, this would be a huge increase (when you smoke) followed by a long slow decrease, not a damn sine wave!!! They then say that by measuring this wave (no mention of what it is at all) they can invert the frequency (this is not even a thing, what they've done in the picture is change the phase) and this makes the two waves cancel out and...bingo! no cravings anymore! Ever! of course about 10% of people need a follow up treatment but, hey, its only another $600!!

This sort of annoying quackery gives ligitemate medicine and science a bad name!!

Its the reason I have to defend science so often to laymen, which can cause me to get a little over-zealous (see occasional shouting match in other threads).

haha I'm not all that smart of a guy, but i'm pretty sure even i am smart enough to see through that load of crap.

I would venture to say that most of the people who get this treatment believe in ghost, UFO's, alien abductions, Big Foot, and the Loch Ness monster. :loser:

I would venture to say that most of the people who get this treatment believe in ghost, UFO's, alien abductions, Big Foot, and the Loch Ness monster. :loser:

hey now, I believe in those :)