Goodbye Jesus

Evangalical Things

Ramen666

This is neat sort of list types of ways you have seen to bring people to the lawd. Today I saw one the best I give them credit for trying this.

The best thing I saw it was a peace of paper just lying on the ground meant for people to find it, I guess I was the victim. Anyway what it was a paper and talks how Jeezus loves us and whatnot about the size of an evelope in a magazine. What I typically do I just rip that stuff up and throw it away, I stop the word in a since. Well I tried ripping it, it didn't rip. I was like :twitch: this is odd. Then I tried ripping it again, I couldn't. It feels just like cardstock paper. Then I turned it around and it said " Why are you trying to rip it, is it offensive?

I was :twitch: WTF IS THIS? I continued trying to rip it NO DAMN LUCK.

So all I did was just toss it in the trash. But I have to admit thats one of the Christians neater tricks. We have our own tricks to but man that one I admit was creative.

Then I turned it around and it said " Why are you trying to rip it, is it offensive?

I was :twitch: WTF IS THIS? I continued trying to rip it NO DAMN LUCK.

So all I did was just toss it in the trash. But I have to admit thats one of the Christians neater tricks. We have our own tricks to but man that one I admit was creative.

That's some supremely twisted shit.

Just goes to prove - just because you're smart, it doesn't mean that you're going to use your intelligence constructively.

The one I really did not appreciate was when I was late leaving school, and found a folded up 20 dollar bill on the floor. SCORE!!! ----Or so I thought.

I went to the store, and pulled the money out of my pocket....upon unfolding it, the "20" turned out to be a well weathered (like money) 1/4th an end....the rest of the 3/4ths was regular paper with evangelical stuff on it!

It's a damn good thing that wasn't the only money in my pocket! Or I would have had to leave the cash register rather awkwardly. And it wasn't like I made a whole hell of a lot of money as a kid. It depended on snow shovelling most of the year....and if it didn't snow...no extra dough.

I've thought about that shit since then. You are broke enough as a kid (well....not so much anymore....but that's a whole other thing). Imagine if that mock 20 was found by someone who really needed the money? Might have even thanked god for the "break" so they could buy some decent groceries.

Heartbreaking if you really think about it.

The one I really did not appreciate was when I was late leaving school, and found a folded up 20 dollar bill on the floor. SCORE!!! ----Or so I thought.

I went to the store, and pulled the money out of my pocket....upon unfolding it, the "20" turned out to be a well weathered (like money) 1/4th an end....the rest of the 3/4ths was regular paper with evangelical stuff on it!

It's a damn good thing that wasn't the only money in my pocket! Or I would have had to leave the cash register rather awkwardly. And it wasn't like I made a whole hell of a lot of money as a kid. It depended on snow shovelling most of the year....and if it didn't snow...no extra dough.

I've thought about that shit since then. You are broke enough as a kid (well....not so much anymore....but that's a whole other thing). Imagine if that mock 20 was found by someone who really needed the money? Might have even thanked god for the "break" so they could buy some decent groceries.

Heartbreaking if you really think about it.

A previous post before on this same topic, a Christian gave me one of these and told me to give it to someone or leave it somewhere, I just said" give it to me then." The result when she was talking I was crumbling it up in my pocket. Then I tossed it in the nearest trash can and walked off.

Hmm. Well, as long as it's half-hearted (as it usually is) and not really in my face, I don't mind it so much anymore.

There used to be a church that put little fliers under windshield wipers in the parking lot at work. Because, you know, if there's one place where you can find the most people who don't know Jesus, it's in a small Missouri town presided over by an evangelical palace and populated by overwhelmingly Republican Wal-Mart shoppers.

Once I found one of those Chick tracts on the counter at work. My coworkers and I had quite a chuckle. I really don't count Chick tracts as evangelizing. I mean, I know that's their purpose, but I seriously doubt that the vast majority of the sinners they reach find it as a source of anything other than hilarity.

I would've taken the card-stock home and cackled as I watched it burn in my fireplace.

We used to be given different evangelizing tools when I was in high-school. The worst by far were these boxes of candies (generic chocolate bars) that seemed innocent enough on the outside, but on the inside were wrapped in another set of papers that had such things as "REPENT!", "REV. 21:8 - Liars shall BURN", "Romans 3:23 - For we all have sinned", and many other things written on them.

I thought they were a joke at first, but we were actually expected to go around and sell those little bastard things! And for $2 a pop! I ended up letting them sit in the back of my hatchback in the sun one afternoon, and just threw them away. Even as a Christian, I thought they were disgusting- both the chocolate and the evangelism.

This is kind of along the same lines, having to do with evangelizing and stuff. At my old church, one of the elders got up to preach and before he began he gave several boxes of fishing weights to the ushers who then passed them out to the congregation, one per person. We were told just to "put it in our pocket for now." Then he preached his entire message about evangelizing, never once mentioning the weights until the very end when he said, "and if you're ever wondering if you are feeling led or not to witness to someone, just put your hand in your pocket and feel lead."

The paper itself must have been made with glue or something. I should have kept it as a trophy, maybe I will find one again like that. I have to admit though, that one actually stumped me. Christian things never do stump me or anything but I have to say creativity wins there. I am so used to just ripping and tossing those kind of papers away and when it didn't work I was thinking WTF is going on.

PS. I don't have a fireplace :HappyCry: