Goodbye Jesus

I Lost My Mind This Morning

chefranden

No, really I did.

I went to Shopko to buy some drinking glasses, hand soap, mouth wash, and paper plates. I got these things and put them in a cart, at least I think I did. Then I went over to toys and contemplated the Legos in case I might spring for another set for the grandson. After shaking my head in dismay over the prices I headed for the check out. While standing in line I remembered I needed some anchor screws so I left the line and went looking for the hardware, which it turns out Shopko doesn't have. Anyway on the way I moved my coat that was in the kid's seat of the cart a little. The coat had been blocking my view of my nice items in my cart. The moving of the coat caused me to see that that cart was empty! I couldn't believe my eyes so I took the coat out of the seat. Sure enough the damn cart was empty! But still I didn't believe it! So, I walked to the side of the cart just in case the holes in the seat weren't real or something. Bhaa! Still empty!. I reach in just in case I just had a stroke and my eyes weren't working. EMPTY!

The stuff was gone! I do remember putting the stuff in. I don't remember leaving the cart by itself. I don't remember taking the stuff out of the cart. I don't remember switching carts in midstream. There weren't very many people in the store. I don't remember being mugged for stuff I hadn't yet paid for. I don't remember seeing any sparkly beam up lights. I don't remember praying for a disappearing miracle. I don't remember anyone asking, "gee can I have that stuff, so I don't have to go look for it?"

The stuff was gone, but since that can't just happen, it must have been my mind that was gone. :shrug:

Oh, no, not those f**king shopping carts with the false bottoms again!

Must be a fucking miracle! It's true after all! Prrrraise jebus!!!11!!!!

:crazy:

at least you remembered the cart, i never think to grab one and end up staggering to the check out with my arms full of shit and a little trail of things that slipped out of my hands behind me.

1) The things got raptured :jesus:

2) Someone played a joke on you. Put your coat in an empty basket when you were looking at the legos and took the one with your items.... Bastids! :magic:

I don't know what kind of store Shopko is (we don't have them). But I wonder if this store is one where you have to unload all your items onto a conveyor belt? If it is....I can easily see someone unloading their items onto the belt...completely spacing out having done so, and then get out of line to do more shopping. So long as there's no one in line behind you, even with a cart getting out of line wouldn't be a big deal.

Unless you forgot you unloaded your cart onto the belt already. :HaHa:

I went to Shopko to buy some drinking glasses, hand soap, mouth wash, and paper plates. :shrug:
:phew:

And here I thought that I was the one losing MY mind... :phew:

I went to Shopko to pick up some paper plates, hand soap, mouth wash and drinking glasses, too. And when I walked in, what was the first thing I saw? That's right! There was a shopping cart sitting there that had everything in it that I needed.

Sorry 'bout that, Cheffy.

I was pressed for time anyway.

:wub:

The stuff was gone, but since that can't just happen, it must have been my mind that was gone. :shrug:

I guess quantum fluctuations and uncertainty principles can play those tricks on you. :) Maybe it all went into a different dimension... spooky...

Well, that would have freaked me out too. Maybe the person in front of you in line unloaded your cart by mistake? I don't know how they would have done that without losing their mind, but better their mind than yours!

Well, that would have freaked me out too. Maybe the person in front of you in line unloaded your cart by mistake? I don't know how they would have done that without losing their mind, but better their mind than yours!
And maybe... Just maybe, that person never even heard of soap or mouthwash until they accidentally unloaded and purchased the stuff in Cheffy's cart?

It very well could be that Cheffy's mind loss was actually more like a community service. :scratch:

:HaHa:

"You are traveling to another dimension..."

(Voice of Rod Serling) "You are about to meet a man. An ordinary man, who took a shopping trip for some general household items one might think insignificant. But this man is about to shop for another kind of commodity. One that can only be found in...The Twilight Zone!"

"You are traveling to another dimension..."

(Voice of Rod Serling) "You are about to meet a man. An ordinary man, who took a shopping trip for some general household items one might think insignificant. But this man is about to shop for another kind of commodity. One that can only be found in...The Twilight Zone!"

That was good.

Too good to not bring attention to. :woohoo:

:notworthy: