Goodbye Jesus

I've Been Wearing My Ex-christianity On My Sleeve

mick

I dunno. My wife and kids are still going to church. My wife is very fundy. I wear my ex-Christianity on my sleeve. It is painful. I am also obsessed with Chrisianity now. (from an "EX" persepctive) I'ts been a year now.

SHould I just try and ignore it, let go, and live the rest of my life with some other interests? I have more to say on this but can't really do it right now. I'll add more later. Thanks -Mick

You haven't been out of Christianity very long yet. Deprogramming takes time. Be patient; your obsession will fade.

Yeah, the obsession dwindles away in time. It's hard to deal with. But it does go away eventually.

No! Stick with it. The more people out there not ashamed to admit they don't believe in myths the more people will come out of the non believer closet. Maybe you could not actively engage strangers in theological debates, just let them know you are not a believer and SHOW them what a non believer is really like. You cannot make a convert by arguing with them, but you can by example.

You are doing better than I am. No one knows that I'm an ex-christian, let alone an athiest. I just keep that part of my life to myself because I don't need the stress and confrontation.

on that note the obsession does fade. This site helped me loads, because I could come here and rant about it. Furthermore, I started reading different books that exposed the God lie AND the errors within christianity. Now, I really don't care anymore. I even tell people that I'm not religious now(although my family has no clue).

I obsessed for a while. I kept getting into online and offline debates with people, was shocked everytime someone said they believed, ranted about whatever assinine thing Christians did that made the news.

Eventually, I found other interests.

Obviously, everyone here is still interested to a large extent, but Christianity ruled our lives for long enough; we shouldn't let it do so even now.

My wife and I were talking about this yesterday. We realized that there are certain things that we actually want to do but won't do it because Christians in our lives also want us to do it. We don't want to give them the satisfaction. So, here we are not doing what we want BECAUSE OF CHRISTIANS!!! What could be lamer than that?

It helps to have friends who were never religious. I find with my formerly (or presently) religious friends, it always comes up, but with those who don't have the background, I can talk about more important things (e.g. paint peeling).

It is very hard to move on though. It took me a while and I still have moments of weakness (e.g. I go onto a random Christian site or blog and slam them). :begood: