Goodbye Jesus

The Formulation Of A Contemporary Myth

Lucas Foxx

For some time, I have been interested in myths and their origins -- how such seemingly obsurd beliefs become concrete in the minds of their believers. From antiquity until the present day, it is evident that humankind lends its emotional self to the formulation of the fantastic, and new religion prevades where nothing exists before it. Never have I been touched more deeply in these studies than I have by this article. Often the urge to lash out against what we see as unthinkable becomes paramount to compassion. I found this story to be humbling and a force to rethinking positions of absolute rightness. Everyone has a story -- everyone comes from somewhere -- we all have a past, be it grand or horrific. We are all products of our experience. I believe you will find this article poignant and thought provoking.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/1997-06-05/ne...ths-over-miami/

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

Fascinating. Heart-breaking.

-CC in MA

Wow, that was amazing and indeed heart-breaking. They are all images of their lives and what has happened to them. Thanks for posting that Lucas.

Thanks for posting that Lucas.

You are very welcome. I am glad you got something out of it.