Goodbye Jesus

Does God have nipples?

Ouroboros

We don't expect holy books to be loaded with biological facts. Expecting the Bible to be a science book would be like expecting it to be a valuable instrument in teach math, grammar, or *chortle* history.

But, it's when the Bible says something very anti-scientific that we call its authenticity into claim. Such as saying that woman was made from the rip of a man.

Guest Rufus

that's cool, but then again being written by a dude millenia later in the form of a poem, I don't think you need to worry about it. I believe it's calle dpoetic license. And think about it you only think it's not scientific because science hasn't done it yet. Science hasn't created trees yet, or evolved anything, but it's still science, non?

that's cool, but then again being written by a dude millenia later in the form of a poem, I don't think you need to worry about it. I believe it's calle dpoetic license. And think about it you only think it's not scientific because science hasn't done it yet. Science hasn't created trees yet, or evolved anything, but it's still science, non?

You agree then that evolution is a better system to explain life than the Bible. That's good, because that's exactly what this argument is trying to get at.

The Bible is just a poetic book, and it will never be a true foundation for the explanation of life. Evolution on the other hand works, and can explain things the Bible can not.

Creationists and Intelligent Design people should take their books and arguments and put it all in a pile and burn it.

And btw, welcome Rufus to the site.

A few months back a Christian friend of mine (an ardent believer in intelligent design) was telling me that her teenage son had to have his wisdom teeth removed.

I could taste the blood in my mouth from biting my tongue.

Huh?

Oh I see, yeah, why the heck do we have wisdoms teeth?

The Bible never explained that.

Will it make you smarter to keep them? :)

Wait a minute... what about the Eskimos, I think they are born with their teeth, aren’t they? And also aren’t they born with the grownup teeth, and not with baby teeth?

Jesus was born with one, apparently. But he was circumcised soon after.

A thought just occurred to me. If Jesus was circumcised, then there was a foreskin. I betcha someone still has it. (probably in Rome)..

Just IMAGINE what that would bring on ebay...... :Hmm: