Goodbye Jesus

Fundy Gossip Mongerers

shirono

Exactly one week ago I had a conversation with what seemed to be a fairly open-minded methodist at my school. She has a cousin who is gay and she doesn't seem to mind, I told her I was an atheist and that I had at one point dated a girl. We had been talking for about a week and her cousin Bry had been my friend at my old school. So I thought that this was a confidential conversation and wasn't really worried about it. yesterday while I was in Geometry trying the study, one of her friends comes up and asks if I'm really an atheist because one of her friends that I eat lunch with had told her that I was. I told her yes and then she asked me if I was really a lesbian (I couldn't believe that this girl had not only gossiped, but she changed the facts as well) I told her no, but I was basically open to both.

She ended up bringing her fundy friends over and ruining my math class and then wanted the website address where these other "supposed" ex-christians were. I told them no, but should I let them come here and get torn up. They wanted me to go to church so they could discuss it "in more detail." Obviously a ploy to get me out-numbered. :loser: It was really a pain in the ass and I'm just wondering what I should do about the gossiper (obviously I'm not telling her anything about myself again) and her friends.

Would it be alright to give them this site do you think, they are pretty ignorant. It might be more annoying than fun to have them around. :close:

I for one, don't mind if you give them this web address...anyone who knows how to use google could find it anyway...and there haven't been any fundies to play around with lately.

Just let them know, we aren't very nice to people who say judgmental or ignorant things.

Oh, and I'm sure you are right about the church thing, I wouldn't go anywhere with them...if they want to talk tell them it has to be somewhere neutral like school.

In fact, if you want to you can give them my MSN messenger account and I'll talk some sense into them directly :lmao:

I'd try to get the girl you originally spoke with alone and tell her up front that you don't appreciate having what you thought was a private conversation blabbed about to everyone she knows. Maybe throw something in there about you expecting more from someone who's part of a group that supposedly prides themselves on their morality. That might guilt-trip her into being more aware of how she affects other people.

And I'd say go ahead and tell them where to find this place. It's not that hard, and they might actually learn something. ...Doubtful, but possible.

I'd try to get the girl you originally spoke with alone and tell her up front that you don't appreciate having what you thought was a private conversation blabbed about to everyone she knows.

I agree with approaching her about it. Personally, I wouldn't use the guilt approach, let her beat herself up with that. The best thing you can do is be as magnanimous as possible. Christians have a much harder time when treated with kindness than with a hammer & nails.

As for giving them this address, feel free. We're big boys & girls. If anything, they should be afraid to come on here for we shall smack them square on the hand with the ruler on knowledge and make their eyes pop in fear.

Bring them here we haven't had fun in a while its a fundy drought right now I need someone to debate.

Totoally. Let them know about this site. If they are so sure of their answers, they won't have any problem coming here, right?

shirono-san...

Some random thoughts by the Board Asshole and Assortment of Bad Advise:

Try not to rip the fools head off her shoulders. Assault with intent to harm-->BAD. Often fulfilling, but fucks up rest of life. Don't try it.

Talk with the girl who squealed on you and vented your private things to others to whom you did not give this info to: Dumb idea. Stupid witch is already a proven gossip, "...anything you say can and will be used against you in the courts of public opinion.." Anything you say now, according to her is going to be taken as *truth*.

Remember you ALWAYS have the option of "shutting up". You can be civil to this chix, you can be polite.

NEVER trust her again with anything you don't want painted in big red bold letters all over.

Say nothing, admit nothing, and let this current gossip wave roll over you like the bullshit it is.

You are getting stained by the bullshit as rumors and gossip spread. Best one can do is either lash out and fight something untouchable, or let the garbage talk subside and the gossipers will soon move onto another target.

Problem is? Now you have something for the gossipers to hold onto until you part with their social circles.

"Oh did you hear shirono does guys AND girls!!!??!! ... and so on and so forth..

You'll learn to grow a thick skin and try not to let the whisperers and gossipers bend your life for their amusement.

My favorite? "F O A D" "Fuck Off And Die" Seems to work for me.

You'll learn to defend yourself with quiet dignity and hopefully when they can't get a rise out of you, or find ways to taunt you, they'll go the fuck away.

Many of we in the GLBT groups have been ostracised for our preferences and our *social standing* after being outed. Being younger and having to put up with the churchies and religion.oriented.groups will try your patience and tolerance for those who have neither for you.

ExC is here, we adults and older teens who live daily with life the best we can are here to offer kind words, support and help as we are able.

Feel welcome to ExC, make a net home for yourself here.

kevinL

Would it be alright to give them this site do you think, they are pretty ignorant. It might be more annoying than fun to have them around. :close:

As far as I'm concerned, bring them on! Starting tomorrow I'll have lots of anger to vent anyway... :fdevil:

I'd try to get the girl you originally spoke with alone and tell her up front that you don't appreciate having what you thought was a private conversation blabbed about to everyone she knows.

I agree with approaching her about it. Personally, I wouldn't use the guilt approach, let her beat herself up with that. The best thing you can do is be as magnanimous as possible. Christians have a much harder time when treated with kindness than with a hammer & nails.

As for giving them this address, feel free. We're big boys & girls. If anything, they should be afraid to come on here for we shall smack them square on the hand with the ruler on knowledge and make their eyes pop in fear.

Agreed. And yeah, make sure they know that if they come on here posting things like "You are going to burn in hell," etc., they are going to get swamped.

shirono-san...

Some random thoughts by the Board Asshole and Assortment of Bad Advise:

Try not to rip the fools head off her shoulders. Assault with intent to harm-->BAD. Often fulfilling, but fucks up rest of life. Don't try it.

I'll certainly not do that, I'm far to timid in real life to do anything violent. Also I like having a spotless permanent record.

Talk with the girl who squealed on you and vented your private things to others to whom you did not give this info to: Dumb idea. Stupid witch is already a proven gossip, "...anything you say can and will be used against you in the courts of public opinion.." Anything you say now, according to her is going to be taken as *truth*.

Remember you ALWAYS have the option of "shutting up". You can be civil to this chix, you can be polite.

NEVER trust her again with anything you don't want painted in big red bold letters all over.

Say nothing, admit nothing, and let this current gossip wave roll over you like the bullshit it is.

I agree with you, I'm not going to be telling her anything else and I already talked it over with her and she apologized. Said she didn't realize I didn't want others to know, bullshit of course, I live in the Fundy south why the hell would I want my bisexuality announced the world.

You are getting stained by the bullshit as rumors and gossip spread. Best one can do is either lash out and fight something untouchable, or let the garbage talk subside and the gossipers will soon move onto another target.

Problem is? Now you have something for the gossipers to hold onto until you part with their social circles.

"Oh did you hear shirono does guys AND girls!!!??!! ... and so on and so forth..

Frankly "F O A D" works here, as long as it doesn't spread to the teachers and from there to my parents I don't really give a fuck if anyone knows I'm Bi.

Many of we in the GLBT groups have been ostracised for our preferences and our *social standing* after being outed. Being younger and having to put up with the churchies and religion.oriented.groups will try your patience and tolerance for those who have neither for you.

ExC is here, we adults and older teens who live daily with life the best we can are here to offer kind words, support and help as we are able.

Feel welcome to ExC, make a net home for yourself here.

kevinL

Thanks a lot it's nice to know I'm not alone here. *hugs all around*

I'd try to get the girl you originally spoke with alone and tell her up front that you don't appreciate having what you thought was a private conversation blabbed about to everyone she knows. Maybe throw something in there about you expecting more from someone who's part of a group that supposedly prides themselves on their morality. That might guilt-trip her into being more aware of how she affects other people.

And I'd say go ahead and tell them where to find this place. It's not that hard, and they might actually learn something. ...Doubtful, but possible.

I spoke to her, but I was infinitely nice about it. Seemed to make her very uncomfortable if I do say so myself *laughs*.

I'll tell the two that asked the web address, this could be fun. ^^

Agreed. And yeah, make sure they know that if they come on here posting things like "You are going to burn in hell," etc., they are going to get swamped.

After the conversation they had with me, I'm sure they got that impression already. :woohoo:

Oh, and I'm sure you are right about the church thing, I wouldn't go anywhere with them...if they want to talk tell them it has to be somewhere neutral like school.

In fact, if you want to you can give them my MSN messenger account and I'll talk some sense into them directly :lmao:

Whoah, I suppose I should tell them "You bother me and my big brother will beat you up!" :HaHa:

Thanks *glomps*

Let those little wenches come. I bet we can make 'em all cry. :wicked:

Seriously, though, I have no tolerance for backstabbing and asshattery like that. High school or no, people should treat each other with basic decency.

Stay strong, shiri-chan. And if need be, we'll beat 'em up for ya. Verbally of course. ....Easy on the big red button, Niv! :HaHa:

Just remember, you've got an army of big brothers and sisters here (besides your biological one, of course). You need to talk, we're here to listen. :woohoo:

"That is IT!! I have had it with these Motherf'n fundies in this motherf'n school!!"

Bring 'em on...I want to see some maggots cry XD

Uh oh...they probably just want this website address so they can gawk at your freak friends and laugh. Wah! :Wendywhatever::loser:

Fine. If that's the worse thing that's ever happened to me (or ever will) then big fucking deal. Let'em come. If they want to actually talk with us then so much the better. Then it might actually be fun for us too. :wicked:

I know it sucks when people spread shit around about you like this but good ol' Kev has the right answer on this one all the way. And sometimes, despite all your efforts, that spotless record just ain't gonna happen. Don't sweat it (easier said than done, I know).

mwc

Let those little wenches come. I bet we can make 'em all cry. :wicked:

Seriously, though, I have no tolerance for backstabbing and asshattery like that. High school or no, people should treat each other with basic decency.

Stay strong, shiri-chan. And if need be, we'll beat 'em up for ya. Verbally of course. ....Easy on the big red button, Niv! :HaHa:

Just remember, you've got an army of big brothers and sisters here (besides your biological one, of course). You need to talk, we're here to listen. :woohoo:

Thanks alot all of you, and I gave one or two of them the address today, but I've no idea if they will actually come. :wicked:

if they day we may have a little fun.

Uh oh...they probably just want this website address so they can gawk at your freak friends and laugh. Wah! :Wendywhatever::loser:

Fine. If that's the worse thing that's ever happened to me (or ever will) then big fucking deal. Let'em come. If they want to actually talk with us then so much the better. Then it might actually be fun for us too. :wicked:

I know it sucks when people spread shit around about you like this but good ol' Kev has the right answer on this one all the way. And sometimes, despite all your efforts, that spotless record just ain't gonna happen. Don't sweat it (easier said than done, I know).

mwc

Well, I only have a couple more years to go and I'll have gotten away with the spotless record. But I'm not to worried about it mwc. :Wendywhatever:

If they want to actually talk with us then so much the better.

Bwahahahaha. Like that's gonna happen with teenage fundies.

It would be the usual condemn-a-thon, roast-fest, smack-down, sprint-out-the-back-door.

Nothing more.

If they want to actually talk with us then so much the better.

Bwahahahaha. Like that's gonna happen with teenage fundies.

It would be the usual condemn-a-thon, roast-fest, smack-down, sprint-out-the-back-door.

Nothing more.

Well...I didn't say what exactly we'd talk about...just that we might talk and it could be fun (better watch myself so I don't end up on some Dateline piece..."Pervert Atheists Lure Innocent Girl Fundies to their Online Lair...To Talk About Their Lame Religion!" <cue ominous music> :eek: ).

mwc

Well...I didn't say what exactly we'd talk about...just that we might talk and it could be fun (better watch myself so I don't end up on some Dateline piece..."Pervert Atheists Lure Innocent Girl Fundies to their Online Lair...To Talk About Their Lame Religion!"

:lmao: Dateline's TO CATCH AN APOSTATE

Oh, man - I can see it now.

Dateline dude : Did you really tell this fifteen year old that Jesus was an imaginary friend?

Have a seat right here.

MWC: gulp - okay. I thought she was eighteen. I swear to God.

Dateline's TO CATCH AN APOSTATE

Oh, man - I can see it now.

Dateline dude : Did you really tell this fifteen year old that Jesus was an imaginary friend?

Have a seat right here.

MWC: gulp - okay. I thought she was eighteen. I swear to God.

:lmao: