Goodbye Jesus

Sick Spam Hounds!

Eponymic

Normally I just delete the spam from my account, but something about this particular e-mail grabbed my eye. It was one of those typical spam mails talking about how they have lots of money, but they can't access it at the moment and if you send them money they give you millions- blah, blah, you know what I'm talking about...

What was peculiar about this one is that it was laced with religious appeals. With the endearing tag "Yours in Christ."

Fucking sick malookas! Obviously someone out there knows that Christians are bigger saps & suckers than other people. But really, it makes one think...how does a person like this live with themselves?

Damn.

But really, it makes one think...how does a person like this live with themselves?
Maybe having lots of money keeps you tied up to a point where you don't have time to self reflect? :shrug:

I don't know.

But really, it makes one think...how does a person like this live with themselves?
Maybe having lots of money keeps you tied up to a point where you don't have time to self reflect? :shrug:

I don't know.

Definitely a good rational possibility.

I can see how someone can be so wrapped up in just using their money and power that they ignore the little imp on their shoulder that tells them they're doing wrong.

I can see how someone can be so wrapped up in just using their money and power that they ignore the little imp on their shoulder that tells them they're doing wrong.

A lot of crooks don't get a sense of wrong. To them it's just the way they make a living.

I would like to point out that churches have been fleecing their flocks for centuries, I could understand wanting to get in on a piece of that very lucrative market.

And way I see it, every dollar a believer "donates" to a known crook is one less that they can use to fund hate projects (abortion bans, lashing against LGBT individuals, etc.) Suffice it to say that I don't feel bad because it is religiously based exploitation. I may feel a bit bad for the people taken, as I would for any con, no more and no less.

I suspect the Nigerian scam has evolved into religious appeal. They know 70% are Christian in this country, so they try to fit the text to make it more palletable. It's called the 4-1-9 or advanced fee fraud. Whatever you do, don't do it. People have lost a lot of money.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

I wish I had a virus on hand so I could just e-mail these people back and give them a taste of pain & hardship.

I was once sent a mail from a chap into pyramid marketing. He was targetting ex-Rhodesians. I was born in Rhodesia, which became Zimababwe in 1980. I refer to myself as Zimbabwean, but the labels aren't important.

In his pitch he refrerred to "the memory of fellow Rhodesians who died in the war" and he talked about Rhodesian "pioneer spirit" and "get up and go"

I was so appalled at his exoking the memory of war dead to promote his scam that I replied to his mail, informed him of my impressions of his vulture-like morals and my intention to forward a warning to every zimbabwean I know and encourage them to do likewise.

For my efforts, my spam increased 10-fold. I think he submitted my email address to spambots in revenge.

Bottom-line: these sharks have no scruples using the name of jesus or anything to get their prey. They may rationalise it to themselves, or they may just be laughing at the suckers, I don't know.