Goodbye Jesus

He Works In Mysterious Ways

StewartP

There this kid a dodgy heart, he has a heart attack, and after 4 days on a bypass machine his heart restarts and then surgeons operate and restore said heart to 60% efficiency.

And all the praise goes to the surgeons?

The technology of the bypass machine?

No, God, of course

Skeptiko has the story

Yeah, I saw that. Why is it the doctors or the inventors of the technology that kept him alive never get the credit they deserve for doing such an excellent job? It's like anything else with the public...if it's never happened before, it must have a supernatural cause. Arrrrrrgh.

Yes, of course god cares so much for this particular dog, but he doesn't care one f-ing sh-t about the animals that get eaten alive every second. Right now there are animals that suffers horrendous deaths, and god "saves" only this one?

And you wonder why Doctors get so stuck up & arrogant.

They have to create a wall and compliment themselves because the faithful always give it to that higher power.

"God" seems to be synonymous with "we're not sure what the fuck happened"

Yup.

Role a dice. Whatever comes up, any number between 1 and 6, to the religious is a proof of god's grace and intervention. While for the non-theist it is just a number in a sequence of random numbers.

...so we'll credit the unknown and call it good.

Seems like kind of a leppy god to me. Reaches down and performs a miracle. And the best he can do is 60%.

If the kidd lived: "Thank God for his life!"

If the kid died: "God works in mysterious ways"

:shrug:

Or, it would be like the time those coal miners were thought to be found alive. Ring the bells! It's a miracle! God has delivered! This will show all those doubters that God is real!

Then, the report came that only one miner was alive. The rest of them were toast.

And then it became: "oh. okay. I think I'll just take my bible and go home now."

Yesterday on Oprah Dr. Oz was on there talking about how prayer really works for ailing Patients. of course Oprah starts testifying like she's in church, but most likely he wasn't refering to the god component. Prayer or meditation of any sort centers the mind and focuses you. If you chant affirmations that is just as effective...

I do think it is terrible to continually thank a make believe entity while the doctors and surgeons who have spent decades in school don't even get a second glance.

If the kidd lived: "Thank God for his life!"

If the kid died: "God works in mysterious ways"

:shrug:

Either that or "It was all in god's plan!" :banghead:

And why anyone would want to worship a god who would commit premeditated murder is beyond me.

Yesterday on Oprah Dr. Oz was on there talking about how prayer really works for ailing Patients. of course Oprah starts testifying like she's in church, but most likely he wasn't refering to the god component. Prayer or meditation of any sort centers the mind and focuses you. If you chant affirmations that is just as effective...

I do think it is terrible to continually thank a make believe entity while the doctors and surgeons who have spent decades in school don't even get a second glance.

Funny how prayer did not heal my mother from cancer, even though she was a fundy.

Fundies, don't you just love em?

A doctor busts his ass to save the kid, gets the kid's heart up to 60%, and the parents credit God.

I guess GOD didn't LOVE the kid enough to restore it to full functionality. Oh yeah, God works in mysterious ways. It's funny how these "mysterious ways" seem to imply that there is no God at all and that the outcome is due to human action rather than a supernatural intervention.

If God existed and possessed the attributes his fans say he does, heart attacks would not exist. Nor would any sort of death, pain or other suffering.

To praise a deity who is depicted as malevolent, selfish, and absurd is sick and wrong. A shame that Xians by and large do not realize this :(

If God existed and possessed the attributes his fans say he does, heart attacks would not exist. Nor would any sort of death, pain or other

Praised be god for the kid! Fuck the other 24,000 kids that will die of starvation today. Guess they didn't have faith!

Compare with the standard babblical cretinist/IDiot "explanation" "gawddidit!!!111!!!"

Oh yeah, really? How did he/she/it did it, hmmmm? Don't know how? So what kind of "explanation" is this?

Answer:

Bull.gif

Funny how prayer did not heal my mother from cancer, even though she was a fundy.

Funny also how the prayers of literally millions of believers during several decades never got answered...

...you know, all those prayers for world peace. :Hmm:

Jesus didn't come to bring peace but instead. a sword. That's what he said anyway.

Funny also how the prayers of literally millions of believers during several decades never got answered...

...you know, all those prayers for world peace. :Hmm:

Also, those concentration camp people must not have been heard! Too bad the fuckin fundies didn't pray for thos people!

What kind of a god would torment a child by giving him a heart problem

in the first place? That kind of a god would not be "mysterious," he

would be evil.

These fundies will do anything to keep believing in their invisible sky-

daddy, I suppose....but remember, fundies are "special" and "forgiven,"

so if their invisible sky-daddy can do evil, they can do evil, too....

Yes, of course god cares so much for this particular dog, but he doesn't care one f-ing sh-t about the animals that get eaten alive every second. Right now there are animals that suffers horrendous deaths, and god "saves" only this one?

Han...he said dodgy, not doggy. :HaHa:

Also, those concentration camp people must not have been heard! Too bad the fuckin fundies didn't pray for thos people!

Sylvia Brown once said that the concentration camp victims were sent here, to die heinous deaths, so the world could learn about the horror of hatred...

Unfuckingbelieveable.

Sylvia Brown once said that the concentration camp victims were sent here, to die heinous deaths, so the world could learn about the horror of hatred...

Unfuckingbelieveable.

Everything Sylvia Brown says is unfuckingbelieveable. Why would we need the holocaust to learn about the horror of hatred? We already had the old testament glorifying genocide, rape, and murder.