Goodbye Jesus

Car Runs On Jesus!

Wendybabe

This came back to me after reading the "God Delusion" My pentacostal Aunt use to pull a bunch of shit on people, (Children who didn't know better) She would tell us, "I never put gas in this car!" "I just trust the Lord and he keeps it going!" I can remember driving with her somewhere. We had to pray before she would start the car. After a very lengthy serious prayer of faith she would pause. She would turn the ignition key and amazingly just like she prayed the car would start! She used shit like this to get us to believe she had special powers with God! Can you imagine how fucked up her kids turned out to be!

That's sad. The shit some people will pull just to convince others that their religion is right. It's not as if she didn't know that her car ran on gas.

Gah, the fucking dishonesty of the fervent Xian :ugh:

here goes my testimonial that I preach to my own kids. I told them to pump gas at night time when it is cooler so by noon time tomorrow, the power of god will give you more gas than what you put in.

One of my son is bright enough to tell me that it isn't the power of god but gas expands when it is hot outside so you will get more.

here goes my testimonial that I preach to my own kids. I told them to pump gas at night time when it is cooler so by noon time tomorrow, the power of god will give you more gas than what you put in.

One of my son is bright enough to tell me that it isn't the power of god but gas expands when it is hot outside so you will get more.

Off topic, I know.... but I was just thinking about that yesterday. The warmer gas is less dense since it has expanded because it is warmer. Wouldn't you get more weight per gallon if the gas were cooler, and denser?

Back on topic now.... If religion were as true as they say, why do they have to lie to spread it?

I fail to understand how any Christian can lie like that. My father was so strong against lying. He would point out all the places in the New Testament where it condemned "all liars." Liars were on Paul's list of condemned behaviour. In Revalation liars are always among the condemned. Besides, it's in the Ten Commandments. I am beginning to think it is not without reason that the Old Order Mennonites did not trust "outsiders" and blamed them for lying and not keeping their word.

Outsiders for us were all professing Christians, and fundamentalists at that. They could not be trusted to say no when they meant no in a casual business deal. For example, at one point in my life I sold garden produce. I soon learned that just because people coming in from the road said they would be back in the area a week later did not mean they actually would be. I soon learned not to take orders via verbal agreement (like we OOM always did all the time), but to take down name and phone number. If they were reluctant to give their phone number I did not take their order. If they gave their phone number and did not show up as promised I would get on their case. I had to use a neighbour's telephone but use it I did.

Finally I am cluing in that these are the people you guys are talking about who would lie about things like cars running on Jesus, or miraculous healings taking place.

Shaman, this type of thing is what I am talking about. It's simply not okay. It's a lie. If you're a decent and responsible human being you will stop lying. If you don't stop lying you must be an indecent and irresponsible human being. Not that I ever thought you were decent....

It is wishful thinking on their part. They're lying to others to make themselves believe more. They want it to be true, so they try to delude themselves that it is true. But wanting something to be true does not make it true.

This came back to me after reading the "God Delusion" My pentacostal Aunt use to pull a bunch of shit on people, (Children who didn't know better) She would tell us, "I never put gas in this car!" "I just trust the Lord and he keeps it going!" I can remember driving with her somewhere. We had to pray before she would start the car. After a very lengthy serious prayer of faith she would pause. She would turn the ignition key and amazingly just like she prayed the car would start! She used shit like this to get us to believe she had special powers with God! Can you imagine how fucked up her kids turned out to be!

Intentionally decieving people is a most evil thing.

Deceiving self or others in the name of god is especially evil. Not only does it show irresponsibility, it turns their most sacred entity into a Liar, too...Hey! what better evidence do we need. God will not lie if God exists. That this god resembles the lying and deceiving and powermongering humans in every respect so perfectly must be evidence that these said lying and deceiving and powermongering humans invented their god to justify their own sins and control the people under them. That idea is about as old as the hills but for the first time it's making sense to me.

Lying is NOT okay. And these people are turning god into a liar. That is language I can understand. But the powermongering and control stuff? I lived with it all my life and didn't know life could be different. But lying? NO! We did NOT lie. We knew we would be found out and severely punished if we tried it. Charges of lying were enough to silence a lot-ordained minister. God casts ALL LIARS into hell. And now I discover that the people who lie about coming next week for a bushel of peas are the most strict Christians around.

Kids are punished for telling a lie. Responsible adults simply don't lie. Adults who lie are irresponsible. That's the short and long of it. The wishful thinking excuse is just that--wishful thinking. An inexcusable excuse. But stating it as though it were a factual truth--THAT is a lie. Yes, I can well understand that her kids didn't turn out too well. If mom lied about the fuel that powered her car she probably lied about a whole batch of other stuff, too.

Guest Idoless
My aunt was into Kenneth Copland. He preached the kind of theology that said , "Name it Claim it!" Very popular amongst pentecostals. I will agree with you that not all Christians ascribed to this theology. My aunt did even worse things in the name of Jesus. She tried to get pregnant (not difficult even for Jesus) even though her husband had had an operation years before to prevent this. So she just started behaving like she was pregnant. She quoted scriptures all the time affirming that she was pregnant. She got fat! She told everyone that God had given her a vision about a little girl. She wore maternity clothing. She even had a baby shower. (O.k. right about now you are guessing what kind of white trash I come from.) So anyway she had pretty much brainwashed us all that she was going to have the kid. yet after two years we figured it out. She was nuts. It was during this same time her kids started really screwing up their lives with drugs and alcohol. Yet what i find so God dam dispicable is today we aren't even allowed to talk about it. My family just wants to pretend that it never happened. they just want to go on with their own delusions about God and Jesus etc... i hate my family

That is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard! :lmao: "After two years, we figured it out- she was nuts!" Hahaha.... it's insane that people can lie to themselves like that!

It is solely because religionists need to enforce their claims, brainwash and get others to beleive them in order to be confident in their faith. This is because they know deep down that all organised religion is an anti-intellctual lie that celebrates stupidity (aka 'faith' [sic--how dare they usurp the term?!?!]).

• 2 weeks later...
She would turn the ignition key and amazingly just like she prayed the car would start!

I need to get in on that. I had a city bus in the shop the other day that sure could've used a little Jesus Jumpstart.

Sorry I regret I posted this

Why?

Off topic, I know.... but I was just thinking about that yesterday. The warmer gas is less dense since it has expanded because it is warmer. Wouldn't you get more weight per gallon if the gas were cooler, and denser?

Back on topic now.... If religion were as true as they say, why do they have to lie to spread it?

Off topic again, the gas is stored in underground tanks which would stay relatively the same temp year around, wouldn't it? (caves are this way too, aren't they?) So if the temp of the gas from the ground is always the same (perhaps always on the cool side?) then it's always "compressed" when it enters and fills your tank.

I could be wrong, but it would seem that because of this that the time of day (or night) wouldn't matter.