Goodbye Jesus

For Those Of You That Thought Pv Was Anti-atheist

Guest DarkenedHeart

Guest DarkenedHeart

Hi, new here, although was a member some time ago. PV mentioned he posted in CARM.org a lot, an ultra-fundamendalist site. He posted this in "atheism" forum on CARM a couple days after apparently being banned from here (about two weeks ago). I'll let it speak for itself.

The Fool Hath Said in His Heart......"

That he can convert an atheist with self-righteous, "holier-than-thou" mockery, which his own Bible condemns.

That he can convert an atheist by lying through his teeth when he says he loves the atheist, and his words and actions reflect otherwise.

That he can convert an atheist by accusing the atheist of pridefulness and arrogance, when the "beam" of stiff-necked arrogant pride protrudes from his own eye so far that his left profile looks like the number "7".

That he can convert an atheist by being patronizing, condescending, smug, pharisaical, trite, glib, "snotty", elitist, snide, by pontificating, high-minded, insulting, hateful, mean-spirited, through evasiveness and "smoke-screening", insensitive, judgmental, unloving, and by treating the atheist like a quaint silly irrelevant idiot, and trying to play a game of "one-up-manship" with him. Ultimately though, the fool can only regurgitate the vomitus that is spewed from the pulpit, the family dinner table, and the airwaves. In other words, "Garbage in, garbage out!"

That he can convert an atheist by quoting passages from a book that he cannot prove conclusively has any more veracity, validity, or relevance than Homer's Odyssey, Beowulf, Grimm's Fairy Tales, or The National Enquirer (with apologies to it's editor)

That he can convert an atheist by trying to make him afraid of God's judgment, which essentially means eternity in a blast furnace, which only

serves to strengthen the atheist's resolve that God, if he exists, is a Draconian monstrous brute.

That he can convert an atheist by convincing him that the God of the Bible loves children and babies with all his heart (didn't realize that the had one) and he drowns millions of them (assuming the Bible were true), drowning being the most terrifying death imaginable, next to incineration, which this "loving, merciful, compassionate, 'Fatherly''' figure also uses as a "motivational tool"

Ultimately, I am not an atheist, but not a Christian either, and have no desire to be one, because I have no desire to be "... twice the son of Hell that you are!", an excerpt from a Bible verse that, ironically, is "gospel truth"

Now, I'm going to make a prediction here, that the VAST majority of responses I get to this thread from Christians will prove my points to the letter! I'd be willing to bet money on it!

Who the heck is PV? :shrug:

PV, aka Pegasus Voyager, was a nutcase that was banned awhile ago and it's possible that Darkenedheart is that same person. If not, they are both very confused people. It seems they both think that they can convert Atheists by jumping up and down and throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old.

Yeah I remember PV he was well :wacko: so this finally reveals what side he was on. Wow I find it ironic has last few posts before his ban made me laugh he was just having a little tantrum crying and having a fit at us.

Two things...Your writing style and *tone* are strikingly like PV; why the heck did you post this in the Colosseum?

Guest DarkenedHeart

PV, aka Pegasus Voyager, was a nutcase that was banned awhile ago and it's possible that Darkenedheart is that same person. If not, they are both very confused people. It seems they both think that they can convert Atheists by jumping up and down and throwing a tantrum like a 2 year old.

PV was anything but a "nutcase", Dave, and PV may have been impetuous and emotional, but I read all the posts that were "for" and "against", and there was obviously a "lynch-mob" mentality, and he probably felt ganged up on. Also, considering the illness that he said he was in recovery from, for you to refer to him as a "nutcase" reveals gross insensitivity, ugliness, and downright cruelty on your part. Ultimately, Dave you are accusing him of being a "nutcase" because he dared to cross you, which is an unforgiveable, inexcusable sin in your economy. When you consider that dissidents in the USSR were referred to as "nutcases" also, and were put in mental hospitals for daring to speak their mind, all you do is prove his point with your intolerance of any viewpoint other than your own. The fact that you are "cool as cucumber", Dave, and PV was a "loose cannon on deck" and had a short-fuse does not put you in the right or him in the wrong, nor make you intellectually superior to him. If that were the case, Patton would never have kicked Rommel's ass. I also noticed that one person in this forum had the guts to point out your inconsistencies by comparing your "poison pen" letters with Osama Ben Ladens venom. You have an obvious problem with "enemy identification" Dave. This post was made several days after he was banned. The fact that he is still attacking Christians on CARM and speaking up for atheists after what he experienced here ought to speak volumes about what kind of person he is. (Also Dave, throwing temper tantrums like a two year old is not any more immature than tantrums thrown by an intolerant, close-minded know-it-all biologist)

This thread needs to be moved out of the Colosseum and into either the Lion's Den, Rants and Replies or ToT...NOT the place for name calling nor debating how one feels about another member/ex-member of ExC!

PV was anything but a "nutcase"....

Then I am convinced, you are PV.

As I recall PV wasn't banned, but his posts were being screened to prevent the board disruption that was occuring when he went after huge segments of its population. It's great that PV is of kindred spirit with a great many of us moderate atheists here on the board, but it's not about points of view, it's about getting along with others in a community setting. I don't agree with everyone here, but I strive to respect everyone to the best of my abilities, which ultimately is a reflection of how I choose to see myself.

As I recall PV wasn't banned, but his posts were being screened to prevent the board disruption that was occuring when he went after huge segments of its population. It's great that PV is of kindred spirit with a great many of us moderate atheists here on the board, but it's not about points of view, it's about getting along with others in a community setting. I don't agree with everyone here, but I strive to respect everyone to the best of my abilities, which ultimately is a reflection of how I choose to see myself.

I just looked at his profile and it didn't say "banned" on it. Maybe he's just on a "time out."

He may be an Atheist, but he didn't help any. Hell... I ain't the most loved person around here, but at least I'm making an effort (that doesn't always work :grin: ) and I don't launch into nasty tirades over silly things like he did. I guess I'm just trying to say that he could have gotten his points across better without attacking like a pit bull.

Guest DarkenedHeart

I just looked at his profile and it didn't say "banned" on it. Maybe he's just on a "time out."

He may be an Atheist, but he didn't help any. Hell... I ain't the most loved person around here, but at least I'm making an effort (that doesn't always work :grin: ) and I don't launch into nasty tirades over silly things like he did. I guess I'm just trying to say that he could have gotten his points across better without attacking like a pit bull.

You are all wrong. He was banned for a full year. And he wasn't the only one to launch into tirades. The responses he got are damning evidence of that. As much as it disgusts me to quote the Bible(to paraphrase), "Don't judge the speck that is in your brothers eye, when a two by four is sticking out of yours"

Guest DarkenedHeart
This thread needs to be moved out of the Colosseum and into either the Lion's Den, Rants and Replies or ToT...NOT the place for name calling nor debating how one feels about another member/ex-member of ExC!

Good point, Jubilant, but this is where Peg_Voy fought his last stand, and many of the board members who implied that he "turned traitor" hang out here, and not in any of those other forums. Its like putting a rebuttal on on page 20 of the newspaper, and you don't censor free speech just because you don't like the way it's presented. When PV was banned, the constitution and Bill of Rights was burned, essentially.

Good point, Jubilant, but this is where Peg_Voy fought his last stand, and many of the board members who implied that he "turned traitor" hang out here, and not in any of those other forums. Its like putting a rebuttal on on page 20 of the newspaper, and you don't censor free speech just because you don't like the way it's presented. When PV was banned, the constitution and Bill of Rights was burned, essentially.

You mean where YOU made your *last stand*. YOU made an inconspicous threat to another member here at ExC when referring to YOUR *army days* or whatever. Quit wasting webspace PV.

Hey DarkenedHeart, guess what? This isn't the public square. It's called a private web forum, where private individuals pay for the bandwidth and equipment used to post here. This isn't a democracy. There is no such thing as free speech, though we generally don't censor. In this case though, since every post you've written since you've been here has served only to badmouth the owners and mods of this forum regarding their temporary banning of an individual who more than deserved to be banned, I'm going to send you packing. Plus, I feel like a prick this morning. Deal with it.