Goodbye Jesus

Paranoia

Ahh!

Is anyone else here suddenly very paranoid after leaving Christianity? I mean, maybe its just my personality (I've always followed the conspiracy theories), but I swear I'm worried of a complete Christian takeover. Think about it. It's the perfect New World Order scenario, espcially since it would be identical to the Old World Order. They have missionaries in Asia and Africa and they're getting the people there to believe in an Evangelical syle literal reading of the book. The evangelical stuff's intertwined with dominionism. They have evangelicals in everywhere from the prisons to the colleges. They are funded by very, very rich people. They have reached out to all denominations. All it takes is a few more presidents and we're doomed.

Not paranoid, but I am keenly aware of how thoroughly the Christain Coalition is trying to influence our government.

I think that very few Christians are ill-meaning. They want to be good people and wish the world to be a better place. They want to help rather than harm others, even non-Christians. But they are simply totally confused about means ends relationships and the nature of the religion and the Bible. Expose your typical Christian to Calvinism and "reconstructionism" and they would react with the same repulsion that we do.

Most people have consciences and would stop before participating in a totalitarian and brutalizing state. Fortunately, the Bible cannot disable most persons' consciences.

Not just xianity, but the increasingly intrusive and oppressive government.

I keep thinking that I need to take Nivek's position and arm myself and my household, because the shit's going to hit the fan and I want to be at least somewhat prepared, but I'm so clueless about such things and such a procrastinator that I haven't done anything yet.

amen to having this exchristian site and paranoia no more.

Even if the whole world turns christian, I'm confident enough to know that there will be plenty christians out there who goes onto this site, faking their exchristian role. Sure nice to know that you can be anybody of whatever religion you can think of, ONLINE..

Even if the whole world turns christian, I'm confident enough to know that there will be plenty christians out there who goes onto this site, faking their exchristian role. Sure nice to know that you can be anybody of whatever religion you can think of, ONLINE..

:Hmm:

WTF?

I'm trying to figure out what that means. We're really all still Christians, just pretending to have left it behind?

As to the paranoia...I found conspiracy theories interesting, but didn't believe them. I think I grew skeptical when I had relatives who were invovlved with the John Birch Society, and heard some of their strange ideas.

Most people have consciences and would stop before participating in a totalitarian and brutalizing state. Fortunately, the Bible cannot disable most persons' consciences.

While I'm not paranoid of a threat of a xian totalitarian system for the reasons you mention and because there is little evidence to show that the extremists have any momentum, I dispute your statement in quotes. History has shown just the opposite to be true in both Germany and Russia. Also, the Standford Prison experiment showed that ordinary people can quickly become brutal when put into positions of power.

I am paranoid about the current decay in Constitutional rights being afforded Americans.

Ah, the wisdom of an idiot. That was deep man.

Ah, the wisdom of an idiot. That was deep man.

no..this is the wisdom of an idiot and I shall quote.. "do not try to argue with an idiot because they will take you down to their level and beat you with experiences"

now that's deeper

Shaman, this would fit you to a T but most of us are real. I've got this supernatural gift that tells me on first encounter whether a person is real or not. You don't come across as being real at all but most people sure seem real on here.

To everybody else: The above is my inner shaman speaking. No supernatural powers here.

In response to the opening post. If you think you see Christians taking over the USA with the intention to take over the rest of the world if possible/"Lord willing", you are getting the same picture we get from outside the United States. The only thing I know to do is keep the psychological bomb shelters in top condition. I had hoped for goodness sake that it would stay south of the border but it won't. Christianity in North America has always had a north-south dimension. Pattern seems to be holding whether we like it or not.

Shaman, this would fit you to a T but most of us are real. I've got this supernatural gift that tells me on first encounter whether a person is real or not. You don't come across as being real at all but most people sure seem real on here.

To everybody else: The above is my inner shaman speaking. No supernatural powers here.

I don't speak real you say? Well how about this for keeping it real. How long have you been a member of this board with your 800 something worth of posting? How many cool internet "real" friends have you made on here? How many of those left this site? Oh gee, I wonder why...

they all found christ so since they are no longer exchristian, you no longer wants to be their friend...now that's real..

so where are they now? Yes, I'm talking about all them infamous screen names of the past.

I don't speak real you say? Well how about this for keeping it real. How long have you been a member of this board with your 800 something worth of posting? How many cool internet "real" friends have you made on here? How many of those left this site? Oh gee, I wonder why...

they all found christ so since they are no longer exchristian, you no longer wants to be their friend...now that's real..

so where are they now? Yes, I'm talking about all them infamous screen names of the past.

I don't see where Ruby claimed to have any certain number of friends...she said she felt MOST here were being REAL..speaking from their hearts instead of being a fake.

If people leave the site, it has no bearing on whether or not they were being real while they were here. This is a SUPPORT board for people that need it. Just like in real life, people DO move on or are busy in their lives doing other activities as well besides posting. IF some move back to christianity, that is their business. Usually the fake people that DO come here occasionally (to do a hit and run or get their jollies) DO NOT last. They are called out on it and they usually can't handle much heat...

Lastly, ask yourself WHY people would WANT to do that...(hit and run and troll). Are their lives THAT unsatisfying?

I would like to ask you what YOUR intentions are. Are you here to heal, provide support and try to understand some others that have been ABUSED in the name of religion?

Maybe you could get REAL and be honest about what you're doing. I don't know you...but most of the comments I have seen from you in various threads don't show that you are trying to do anything but rile people up. WHY is that??

In response to the OP, If christians take over about half the world and muslims take over the other half then nonbelievers can just sit back and watch them cancel and kill each other out. Making nonbelievers the majority :HaHa:

I think that very few Christians are ill-meaning. They want to be good people and wish the world to be a better place. They want to help rather than harm others, even non-Christians. But they are simply totally confused about means ends relationships and the nature of the religion and the Bible. Expose your typical Christian to Calvinism and "reconstructionism" and they would react with the same repulsion that we do.

I may have to disagree. Good people can be coerced into doing bad things if they blindly follow someone or something. Nazi Germany is a prime example. During the time of the holocaust the majority of the people there were Christians. Then, add a charismatic leader and you get the holocaust. It comes down to moral relativity. Yeah, many Christians are decent folk(just brainwashed), but if they are willing to blindly follow their cause because "God" wants them to do so then that can be a dangerous slippery slope.

Just look at the past few years. Many were willing to give up their freedoms to the Bush administration just to be "safe" from the threat of terrorism. Totalitarian regimes have to start somewhere.