Goodbye Jesus

Suicide Can Be Genetic?

Guest Lady~Green

Guest ShannonXero

I thought this would be interesting to talk about. Could suicide really be genetic? I came across this today and thought alot about it. I have to warn you I am a black or white, + or - type of thinker, I do entertain a grey area, but, it's highly unlikly to be the solution.

:angry: CRAP!!!!!! Another damn way to curtail natural selection. Once we can save everyone we will then over populate the world with more genetic defects/problem people. We can't take care of the ones we already have today!

Then I thought,

:wicked: WHOA... ShannonXero, that's harsh, just think of it this way... the xian belief says that suicide is a demon, or tool of the devil, so now we are coming up with more ways to prove them wrong just like the Galileio Affair and how now we KNOW the earth revolves around the sun.

Let me know what else you think, I am VERY open minded.

I thought this would be interesting to talk about. Could suicide really be genetic? I came across this today and thought alot about it. I have to warn you I am a black or white, + or - type of thinker, I do entertain a grey area, but, it's highly unlikly to be the solution.

:angry: CRAP!!!!!! Another damn way to curtail natural selection. Once we can save everyone we will then over populate the world with more genetic defects/problem people. We can't take care of the ones we already have today!

Then I thought,

:wicked: WHOA... ShannonXero, that's harsh, just think of it this way... the xian belief says that suicide is a demon, or tool of the devil, so now we are coming up with more ways to prove them wrong just like the Galileio Affair and how now we KNOW the earth revolves around the sun.

Let me know what else you think, I am VERY open minded.

Depression in my opinion is to some extent genetic. But if suicidal depression is genetic wouldn't it get weeded out of the gene pool when everybody with that particular gene kills themself?

Depression in my opinion is to some extent genetic. But if suicidal depression is genetic wouldn't it get weeded out of the gene pool when everybody with that particular gene kills themself?

But now days, people call suicide hotlines. More people recognize the signs of suicidal depression, and may intervene before the person kills themself. We also have better medical systems, which may save more people that in the past would have been successful in the suicide attempt. So more people who would have been dead before are now surviving, thus leaving more people to pass on their defective genes.

It's probably not suicide itself but the tendency towards suicidal depression. Since the gene or genes involved deal with the brain, the circumstances are complex and there are so many factors that they can't all exert their full effect. It's also probably recessive, allowing it to hide away in many individuals.

Some times I think we, as humans, have made ourselves very weak by using our "greater intellect" to temporarily correct our own defects. All of these temporary fixes will keep us from dying, but it doesn't correct the problems we have and may end up making humans very weak by passing these defects to our kids/grandkids/etc. We survive due to our "greater intellect", but I suspect we drag along a lot of morons that pee the gene pool.

**Random thoughts while at work may not be completely coherent, sorry**

Green

• 2 weeks later...

To pass on it's genes an organism must only survive long enough to procreate.

Plus, random sex with random people can be a symptom of depression, hense mucho genetic survival.