Goodbye Jesus

Truth In Christian Advertising.

Taphophilia

I saw a Christian program this morning that showed a picture of a person with a horrible disease and the announcer stated that the person was healed by the power of God.

We know this is not possible and they are lying and misrepresenting their religion. However, the gullible believe this to be true, after all they saw it on TV. People who want to believe empty their wallets to support people who lie to them.

Advertisers are held to a standard of truthfulness about their products. Why isn't Christianity held to the same standard when television programs hawk the product of Christianity for money?

Taph, I would think that the xian programs aren't held to a standard of proof because they just don't have it, and don't need it. They can't prove, and neither can anyone else, prove that a healing wasn't attributable to the power of god.

Add to that the fact that the xians are paying to show this crap on TV, and you have a formula that is hard to overcome.

People with common sense just have to understand that this is just propaganda, aimed at a certain audience, and designed to make money off the emotions of those "True Believers".

Taph, I would think that the xian programs aren't held to a standard of proof because they just don't have it, and don't need it. They can't prove, and neither can anyone else, prove that a healing wasn't attributable to the power of god.

Add to that the fact that the xians are paying to show this crap on TV, and you have a formula that is hard to overcome.

People with common sense just have to understand that this is just propaganda, aimed at a certain audience, and designed to make money off the emotions of those "True Believers".

This attitude reminds me of a discussion with a fundy some years ago only this time it's aimed at the fundies. She was bothered by the idea that all nonChristians will go to hell, even those born in countries where they never hear the name of Jesus. She ended the story with, "You know what. That's just the way it is."