Goodbye Jesus

Any Satanists?

Ahh!

Anyone here in the Church of Satan or similar group? I'd be curious to hear about your experiences with LaVey's teachings.

I love the Satanic Bible.

Ummmm Ahhhh!?

If we don't as a group believe one part of the Booke Ove Fairytails and Bullshavings, what difference does giving creedance and value to another Book of Bullshit bring?

Believe and practice as you will, it shaves no more hair off my bald head. IMNHO LeVay was/is just as crackers as a truckload of Saltines factory rejects..

kFL

It seems overly simplistic and overly harsh to me. It probably works as a good life philosophy if you are a CEO of a multinational corporation; if you are offended, gore your enemy and such like that.

I personally don't respect the overall life theme he espouses, but his criticism of xianity is spot on.

As much as I esteem my colleagues above, I do have to tip my hat in favor of Anton's little black book. Overall, I don't find much to disagree on, in regards to the basic ethical foundation he lays out as well as his basic theories on magic. But then again, that's also because I find them in fundamental conformity with many of the principles I've lived my life by for most of my years.

Religiously speaking, I've been a lot of things, but in regards to gods, I'm an Agnostic. I've only recently been comfortable identifying wholly as such. But I still find much value in Asatru, which is the one religion I honor most of all, and especially in its ethics. The ethics of Wicca and Buddhism I also revere for their obvious good sense. Mostly, I can say the same about LaVey's brand of Satanism; I may disagree with his consistent employ of dark aesthetics or the utilization of devil imagery (but understand that many folks will get what they want and need from that, which is fine), but I think the basic morality spelled out in the Nine Satanic Statements, the Nine Satanic Sins, and the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth is rather sound, overall. As with anything, the individual should constantly question and re-examine them to see if they apply to a particular situation and are in conformity with that person's own internal disposition.

I think the biggest flaw about it is that LaVey's positions on indulgence can lead to over-indulgence, which is generally as bad as abstinence (not just in the sexual arena). That, and he does mischaracterize several religions (like Wicca or Buddhism, though not entirely without accuracy) and of course plagarized many parts of the Satanic Bible's beginning from "Might is Right" - even though the Satanic Bible is a more engaging read.

My experiences with studying Satanism have been positive overall, I must say, and enough so that I certainly credit it with being personally influential.

If we don't as a group believe one part of the Booke Ove Fairytails and Bullshavings, what difference does giving creedance and value to another Book of Bullshit bring?

From what little I know about the "church of satan", its doctrine makes more sense than that of the jebus cultists for sure.

Of course pretty much everything makes more sense than da wholly babble, so... :lmao:

Anyone here in the Church of Satan or similar group? I'd be curious to hear about your experiences with LaVey's teachings.

I love the Satanic Bible.

I believe satan is as much as a fantasy as god.

I can't help but wondering if Mr. LaVey is any more tolerant of atheism than the christian church. That, and I agree his views are a bit extreme and unwholesome. Just because I'm an atheist doesn't make me a bloodlusting babyeater.

I can't help but wondering if Mr. LaVey is any more tolerant of atheism than the christian church. That, and I agree his views are a bit extreme and unwholesome. Just because I'm an atheist doesn't make me a bloodlusting babyeater.

LaVey was an Atheist, and there is no such thing as bloodlusting babyeating in Satanism. That's just a propaganda product of Xians.

There is no God; why should there be a Satan? There are good and bad influences on everything but it has nothing to do with higher (or lower) powers. Everyone is their own "god" in that they ultimately descide their own course in life. Why do Christians defer that sort of power onto some mystical, magical being that there is no physical proof of?

I'm in a shitty mood today.

There is no God; why should there be a Satan? There are good and bad influences on everything but it has nothing to do with higher (or lower) powers. Everyone is their own "god" in that they ultimately descide their own course in life. Why do Christians defer that sort of power onto some mystical, magical being that there is no physical proof of?

I'm in a shitty mood today.

Actually that's LaVey's view described more or less. He wrote there was no God or Satan and (he said this specifically too) each person is their own god.

Not for me. It just seems like the inverse of Christianity...

I once read from someone that LeVey Satanism was like Reverse Buddhism. That's a pretty good description of it, I think.

I thought myself a LeVey Satanist for a few months and then lost interest and moved on. I really did like his chapter about "Psychic Vampires." He made some good and striking points about self-assertion and thinking for yourself, but other than that, I didn't see much worth keeping my attention. Satanism is more of a gimmicky club and a forbidden fruit for emo kids who want to rebel against whatever they can find.

I think LaVeyan philosophy is a good philosophy thouh 200 $ is a bit much for a group membership. :wicked: