Goodbye Jesus

Being Eaten By Lions

Lance

I suppose I am a Christian because I never found anything better. I love being eaten by lions but just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, my Lord always rescues me. I am not only rejected by the likes of atheists but by those who would call themselves Christian too, and I have been kicked out of a few churches for daring to believe God and his supernatural power.

The problem is that not all who call themselves Christian, really are. In fact, a great many are not. Of course they call this judging but they are just jealous because they have no crutch to lean on. One cannot just decide to become a Christian. One has to be invited or called (as the scriptures tell us). Who is it who does the calling?—none other than God himself. Non-Christians like to point a finger at our deficiencies but that is the very reason for us turning to God. He demands perfection

for acceptance and yet we are all deficient. We have all fallen short of the glory of God. It sounds hopeless, doesn't it?—but God has provided a way out of the dilemma by sending his Son into the world as THE perfect sacrifice for our sins. ‘For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins,’ but the blood of Jesus, the one perfect sacrifice. This shall cover our sins so that God shall remember them no more, but he that believeth on him shall have everlasting life.

No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Now let us hear the lions roar!

I'm so happy that you are able to accept some other's definition of God in order to make you feel better. I hope you are happy in your arrogance and false pride.

Um, wow. Where to begin...

You say we're jealous and then you refer to your faith as a crutch. You've been rejected by xians and atheists alike? Probably because you don't make any sense when you talk about what you believe. You have to be invited to be an xian? That's why people are supposed to invite the baby jeebus into their hearts. Must be some kind of RSVP thing. I'm not surprised that you're confused (and confusing). The babble is quite the conflicting and confusing book.

As for being eaten by lions and the story of Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego, the two have absolutely nothing in common. You must be thinking of Daniel. Do you actually read the book, or do you just always misremember your biblical clichés?

I'm so happy that you are able to accept some other's definition of God in order to make you feel better. I hope you are happy in your arrogance and false pride.

LOL @ notblindedbytheblight. That nick seems mighty arrogant to me. ‘For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren.’

God bless

Um, wow. Where to begin...

You say we're jealous and then you refer to your faith as a crutch. You've been rejected by xians and atheists alike? Probably because you don't make any sense when you talk about what you believe. You have to be invited to be an xian? That's why people are supposed to invite the baby jeebus into their hearts. Must be some kind of RSVP thing. I'm not surprised that you're confused (and confusing). The babble is quite the conflicting and confusing book.

As for being eaten by lions and the story of Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego, the two have absolutely nothing in common. You must be thinking of Daniel. Do you actually read the book, or do you just always misremember your biblical clichés?

Thank you for that sheilanagig. Most people reject God's word and that INCLUDES Christians too. Oh they will go along with parts but as soon as something crops up that they don't like, they balk at it. For some, it is the Old Testament but without that the New Testament would have no meaning.

You were right about about Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Unfortunately there is no edit facility and in my imperfect state I was unable to correct my post, but at least it shows that you are awake.

God bless

Please don't bless me.

I have been saved. From xianity. I don't want it and I don't want your blessings. I don't even want xianity to be the way I'm buried. I'd rather be buried in a field than end up having them commit me to gawd when I am dead and can do nothing about it. I reject gawd's word because gawd hates me back. He's said it again and again that to be a woman is a filthy and shameful thing. I refuse to be ashamed of something that is good and natural. Women and sex and freedom are all good things.

And do PLEASE take personal responsibility for your mistakes. Don't say "gawd made me do it" and blame your imperfection and mistakes on his plan. YOU make your mistakes. Agreed, you are not perfect and nobody else is either, but I take ownership of my mistakes, and I look things up before I post them. If you can't rely on your memory of the book, then don't post references to it without doing that.

I am not only rejected by the likes of atheists but by those who would call themselves Christian too, and I have been kicked out of a few churches for daring to believe God and his supernatural power.

I highly doubt you were "kicked out" of church for believing in god. You are simplifying the reasons for former friends rejecting you and repackaging it into something more palatable to you. Cult leaders do that too.

No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Now let us hear the lions roar!

So you just want to be chewed up by us to affirm your version of "faith"? That is disturbed. Get some counseling you lonely pathetic child.

Please don't bless me.

I have been saved. From xianity. I don't want it and I don't want your blessings. I don't even want xianity to be the way I'm buried. I'd rather be buried in a field than end up having them commit me to gawd when I am dead and can do nothing about it. I reject gawd's word because gawd hates me back. He's said it again and again that to be a woman is a filthy and shameful thing. I refuse to be ashamed of something that is good and natural. Women and sex and freedom are all good things.

And do PLEASE take personal responsibility for your mistakes. Don't say "gawd made me do it" and blame your imperfection and mistakes on his plan. YOU make your mistakes. Agreed, you are not perfect and nobody else is either, but I take ownership of my mistakes, and I look things up before I post them. If you can't rely on your memory of the book, then don't post references to it without doing that.

Of course ‘being saved’ has many meanings. We talk about being rescued from fire or from drowning, but being rescued from sin is what Christians really mean when talking about salvation. It does not mean that we are sinless, but that our sins are remembered no more. God does not hate you sheilanagig, even though you may have rejected him. I think we have all done that at some point in our lives. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

You must be interested in the subject of Christianity to be a member of this board, either for it or against. It just means that we are on opposite sides of the fence, that's all. You take ownership of your mistakes and one day God will call you to account. The fact that you do not believe this has no bearing on the matter.

God bless

I am not only rejected by the likes of atheists but by those who would call themselves Christian too, and I have been kicked out of a few churches for daring to believe God and his supernatural power.

I highly doubt you were "kicked out" of church for believing in god. You are simplifying the reasons for former friends rejecting you and repackaging it into something more palatable to you. Cult leaders do that too.

Are you asking for names and addresses, white_raven23? LOL

So you just want to be chewed up by us to affirm your version of "faith"? That is disturbed. Get some counseling you lonely pathetic child.

God is able to provide a way of escape that we may be able to endure suffering.

God bless

Are you asking for names and addresses, white_raven23? LOL

Sure. :mellow:

And a name or description they would know you by. :mellow:

Ooh....and how about the names and addresses of those churches too? :mellow:

Wouldn't you just like to know white_raven23? LOL God will deal with those people in his own good time. He has a great deal to say about luke warm churches in Revelation. He will ‘spew them out of his mouth’ as the word says.

God bless

Lance,

Why do you have "To an unknown God" in the area that asked you "Any Gods?"

It seems you have a perfectly good idol of God in your mind. :shrug:

I'm just testing the waters with you so-to-speak. If you come across as being interested in what we have to say, I would be happy to address your initial post with respect but so far, you have only been able to spout Church dogma.

We'll see I suppose.

Lance:

I suppose I am a Christian because I never found anything better.

Then you haven't actually been looking, mainly because you don't WANT to look. When you sit all of the world's religions down side by side, you can very easily see that they are all trying to communicate the same message, but that message gets bogged down in the bullshit that comes with a person or a group of people trying to take ideas that need to be recognized and embraced by the individual, and attempt to incorporate them into the mass market scheme that is religion.

So I suppose you are a Christian because you never found anything easier. Of course you haven't found something better, because you have not looked. Spare yourself and everyone the BS of saying that you have looked. You have no idea what you would qualify as 'better' than Christianity, because you do not WANT there to be anything 'better' than Christianity.

I love being eaten by lions but just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, my Lord always rescues me.

. . . right. Or you simply stop listening. Same difference.

I'm going to assume that you're saying you were kicked out of churches for having opinions that differed from the church. I'm not sure what you want anyone to say to that. Churches are like that. Like YOU. These are people that do not want to listen or to look, and so when you have something different to say, they get rid of you and say they have not found anything better. That's how belief works. The very idea of belief is that one must ignore all contradicting evidence to said belief, even if said belief has NO evidence to start with. Like Christianity.

The problem is that not all who call themselves Christian, really are. In fact, a great many are not. Of course they call this judging but they are just jealous because they have no crutch to lean on.

Yeah, sparky, we've heard this one before. One of the reasons I left Christianity was because I could not find a single, working definition for what a Christian is supposed to be. Every single Christian I encountered had their own idea of what Christians are supposed to be like, and lo! Another one! Another True Christian that claims that unless other True Christian behave and think exactly like them, they are not True Christians !

And unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone should be 'jealous' of you in any way, shape or form, considering that you're only a Christian because you have never looked for anything 'better'.

One cannot just decide to become a Christian.

Well, on this we agree. But I say, one cannot simply decide what to be because you either agree with an idea, or you don't. I bet you have some mystical, warm-and-fuzzy contemplation to throw in there about what it takes to be one of God's special little concubines, don't you?

One has to be invited or called (as the scriptures tell us). Who is it who does the calling?—none other than God himself.

Ding! And there it is, folks. Let's examine the hypocrisy of this idea. One of the central tenets of Christianity is that we must choose to believe in Jesus Christ, or else we go to Hell. Hell is a place of eternal punishment. Thusly, it should be the case that ANYONE can choose to believe in Jesus Christ. But here we have a guy that says that God only 'calls' certain people to believe, and that all else are destined for Hell! Rest assured, folks, that Lance will try to squirm his way out of this one and say that he never said such a thing - but there it is plain sight for all to see. Unless God 'calls' you, you are not really a Christian, and since Christians are those that believe in Jesus Christ, and are going to Heaven because those that do NOT believe in Jesus Christ are going to Hell, that pretty much contradicts a Bible which is already contradicting itself.

Good job, Lance. You have officially made yourself look worse than Hitler.

Non-Christians like to point a finger at our deficiencies but that is the very reason for us turning to God.

Lance, Lance, Lance . . . the only reason non-Christians point the finger at Christians is because Christians have a special little book that proclaims that if someone is a Christian, then they are perfect. It is common sense to say that being a Christians does NOT make one perfect, yet this is not what the Bible says.

Yes, yes, I know all about the verses that say that not one is just, and that we must embrace Jesus Christ. But what happens AFTER one becomes a Christian? And if one is not made perfect through Christianity, as you admit they are not, then what is the fucking point of Christianity, lance, especially since someone cannot be a Christian unless they are called?

You're going to say that ALL people are called, aren't you?

And the rest is the usual cocamamy bullshit that 100% of Christians spout around here. Look, Lance, or whatever the fuck you're called - you have not brought anything new or special to the table. Every single thing you say can be debated and shot out of the sky. We can go back and forth about semantics, but the fact of the matter is is that there is NO evidence for the claims of Christianity. Christianity is a mishmash of Pagan and Jewish beliefs thrown together by a closet homosexual with a hardon for power. That would be Paul, in case you haven't noticed. The Great Deicever, as I call him. There is not a single unique idea in Christianity, and considering that, WHAT is the point of Christianity? There are religions that teach compassion much more efectively than Christianity, a religion in which the figurehead is a man that set a fig tree on fire with lightning because he wanted a fog BUT IT WAS NOT FIG SEASON!!!

So there you have it, Lance. The lions are roaring. And since you're only going to get eaten alive, what is the point of coming here and espusing a belief for which there is absolutely no evidence?

Please don't bless me.

Of course ‘being saved’ has many meanings. We talk about being rescued from fire or from drowning, but being rescued from sin is what Christians really mean when talking about salvation. It does not mean that we are sinless, but that our sins are remembered no more. God does not hate you sheilanagig, even though you may have rejected him. I think we have all done that at some point in our lives. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

You must be interested in the subject of Christianity to be a member of this board, either for it or against. It just means that we are on opposite sides of the fence, that's all. You take ownership of your mistakes and one day God will call you to account. The fact that you do not believe this has no bearing on the matter.

God bless

If gawd did inspire the bible and it is inerrent, then in Revelations 14:4 you will find that I as a woman am ineligible for heaven. If you are not a virgin "untouched by the impurity of women" then you are not going to heaven either. God does hate women. Read the book again and every time you see the word woman, substitute the word man. See if you still like it. Maybe then you can relate to what made me finally give up and leave.

As for him coming to get me or make me pay, I don't believe that's true at all. I don't think there's anyone on the end of that telephone line you are listening to. Listening to a dial-tone for too long can make you hallucinate all kinds of sounds.

Wouldn't you just like to know white_raven23? LOL God will deal with those people in his own good time. He has a great deal to say about luke warm churches in Revelation. He will ‘spew them out of his mouth’ as the word says.

Riiiiight.

You are crackers.

Not all christians are crackers.

But you are.

Lance:

Lance:

I suppose I am a Christian because I never found anything better.

Then you haven't actually been looking, mainly because you don't WANT to look. When you sit all of the world's religions down side by side, you can very easily see that they are all trying to communicate the same message, but that message gets bogged down in the bullshit that comes with a person or a group of people trying to take ideas that need to be recognized and embraced by the individual, and attempt to incorporate them into the mass market scheme that is religion.

So I suppose you are a Christian because you never found anything easier. Of course you haven't found something better, because you have not looked. Spare yourself and everyone the BS of saying that you have looked. You have no idea what you would qualify as 'better' than Christianity, because you do not WANT there to be anything 'better' than Christianity.

Thank you for that Trancellation. All the faiths of the world have one thing in common except one. They seek ways of making man right with God, whether it climbing a mountain or walking on one’s knees or whatever. Christianity is different in that God’s word speaks of what God has done for man. He sent his son into the world to die for us as a propitiation for our sins. No other religion claims this. Jesus bore our sins on the cross to make what was sinful, sinless, so that true believers might not perish, for ‘for scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ’

I love being eaten by lions but just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, my Lord always rescues me.

. . . right. Or you simply stop listening. Same difference.

Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I am not listening.

I'm going to assume that you're saying you were kicked out of churches for having opinions that differed from the church. I'm not sure what you want anyone to say to that. Churches are like that. Like YOU. These are people that do not want to listen or to look, and so when you have something different to say, they get rid of you and say they have not found anything better. That's how belief works. The very idea of belief is that one must ignore all contradicting evidence to said belief, even if said belief has NO evidence to start with. Like Christianity.

I was not accepted because the churches concerned did not accept God’s word in it’s plain literal meaning. iT is quite common amongst Christians. I read his word and then check with acknowledged experts.

The problem is that not all who call themselves Christian, really are. In fact, a great many are not. Of course they call this judging but they are just jealous because they have no crutch to lean on.

Yeah, sparky, we've heard this one before. One of the reasons I left Christianity was because I could not find a single, working definition for what a Christian is supposed to be. Every single Christian I encountered had their own idea of what Christians are supposed to be like, and lo! Another one! Another True Christian ™ that claims that unless other True Christian ™ behave and think exactly like them, they are not True Christians ™!

And unfortunately, I'm not sure anyone should be 'jealous' of you in any way, shape or form, considering that you're only a Christian because you have never looked for anything 'better'.

Before I realized God’s truth I had been searching for truth all my life. When I found it I wasn’t about to let it go. The devil sure has a strong presence in here but God’s word is ‘quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.’

One cannot just decide to become a Christian.

Well, on this we agree. But I say, one cannot simply decide what to be because you either agree with an idea, or you don't. I bet you have some mystical, warm-and-fuzzy contemplation to throw in there about what it takes to be one of God's special little concubines, don't you?

No

One has to be invited or called (as the scriptures tell us). Who is it who does the calling?—none other than God himself.

Ding! And there it is, folks. Let's examine the hypocrisy of this idea. One of the central tenets of Christianity is that we must choose to believe in Jesus Christ, or else we go to Hell. Hell is a place of eternal punishment. Thusly, it should be the case that ANYONE can choose to believe in Jesus Christ. But here we have a guy that says that God only 'calls' certain people to believe, and that all else are destined for Hell! Rest assured, folks, that Lance will try to squirm his way out of this one and say that he never said such a thing - but there it is plain sight for all to see. Unless God 'calls' you, you are not really a Christian, and since Christians are those that believe in Jesus Christ, and are going to Heaven because those that do NOT believe in Jesus Christ are going to Hell, that pretty much contradicts a Bible which is already contradicting itself.

Good job, Lance. You have officially made yourself look worse than Hitler.

Calvinism always was a bone of contention but it is firmly supported in God’s word.

Non-Christians like to point a finger at our deficiencies but that is the very reason for us turning to God.

Lance, Lance, Lance . . . the only reason non-Christians point the finger at Christians is because Christians have a special little book that proclaims that if someone is a Christian, then they are perfect. It is common sense to say that being a Christians does NOT make one perfect, yet this is not what the Bible says.

You are clearly not reading my posts or have tried to distort them. Go and stand in the corner. LOL

Yes, yes, I know all about the verses that say that not one is just, and that we must embrace Jesus Christ. But what happens AFTER one becomes a Christian? And if one is not made perfect through Christianity, as you admit they are not, then what is the fucking point of Christianity, lance, especially since someone cannot be a Christian unless they are called?

‘The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.’

You're going to say that ALL people are called, aren't you?

And the rest is the usual cocamamy bullshit that 100% of Christians spout around here. Look, Lance, or whatever the fuck you're called - you have not brought anything new or special to the table. Every single thing you say can be debated and shot out of the sky. We can go back and forth about semantics, but the fact of the matter is is that there is NO evidence for the claims of Christianity. Christianity is a mishmash of Pagan and Jewish beliefs thrown together by a closet homosexual with a hardon for power. That would be Paul, in case you haven't noticed. The Great Deicever, as I call him. There is not a single unique idea in Christianity, and considering that, WHAT is the point of Christianity? There are religions that teach compassion much more efectively than Christianity, a religion in which the figurehead is a man that set a fig tree on fire with lightning because he wanted a fog BUT IT WAS NOT FIG SEASON!!!

So there you have it, Lance. The lions are roaring. And since you're only going to get eaten alive, what is the point of coming here and espusing a belief for which there is absolutely no evidence?

Thank you for your comments. I could have done without the vulgar expressions but that is what Christians are to expect from those of the world.

Christianity is just a myth that's useful to the State. That's why the Romans eventually took to it, along the lines of "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". When the catholics later got too big for their boots, Martin Luther set up his own chapter of the club. The authorities loved his version because he said, inter alia, in his ravings that one ought to obey the state even if the ruler was quite insane. Then John Calvin got into the act and made the club a bit more exclusive by blathering away about "predestination". That's the bit you quote Lance, about not being able to become a christian unless you're "invited". (Makes it sound just a little like the Freemasons, doesn't it?)

One thing I find incredible about the whole thing is that Europe actually fought a war for thirty years over whose gibble-gabble a man would have to listen to if he went to church on Sunday, catholic or protestant. In the end, at least in Germany, things stayed the way they were, protestants in the north and catholics in the south. Rather a long fight between two rival sellers of afterlife insurance, if you ask me. For myself I could do without such petty rubbish.

Casey

Lance:

Thank you for that Trancellation. All the faiths of the world have one thing in common except one. They seek ways of making man right with God, whether it climbing a mountain or walking on one’s knees or whatever. Christianity is different in that God’s word speaks of what God has done for man. He sent his son into the world to die for us as a propitiation for our sins. No other religion claims this. Jesus bore our sins on the cross to make what was sinful, sinless, so that true believers might not perish, for ‘for scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. ’

The idea of a savior coming to Earth, having been sent there by a supreme deity and born of a virgin, to take on the weight of the 'sins' of mankind is a myth as old as time itself. This myth has existed in religions and mythologies that existed for hundreds and thousands of years before Paul ever conceived the notion of combining Pagan mythology with Judaistic lore. It is an idea that continued to exist and be used in other religions and mythologies for hundreds of years AFTE Paul decided to combine Pagan mythology and Judaistic lore. There are countless books and articles that outline the evidence of this, and simply Googling 'Pagan origins of Christianity' will give you approximately 1,250,000 results in which to further study this, many of which, I am sure, are attempts by Christians to debunk the fact that Christianity has nothing new to offer. You can also check Google Video for a video called 'The Naked Truth,' which offers an EXTENSIVE comparison between Paganism and the religion called Christianity which serves only to rehash ideas that are thousands of years old.

For a quick way to 'The Naked Truth,' copy and paste this link into your address bar: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=64...p;q=naked+truth

So, in short: despite your counter argument, no, Christianity is NOT unqiue, nor does it have the exclusive characteristic of having a saior-figure born of a virgin to redeem the world by sacrificing himself for the world's sin, in which we have to believe in him in order to be saved.

Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I am not listening.

I never said you are not listening because you disagree with me. You are simply NOT LISTENING AT ALL.

Before I realized God’s truth I had been searching for truth all my life. When I found it I wasn’t about to let it go. The devil sure has a strong presence in here but God’s word is ‘quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.’

Lance, you are only telling yourself what you want to hear. Something which is true will have evidence or proofs, and Christianity has neither. No evidence, no proof. So, what, exactly, is "God's Truth"?

No

More like, yes. You said that in order to be a Christian, one must be 'called'. If that is not a qualification to become one of God's special little concubines, I don't know what is.

Calvinism always was a bone of contention but it is firmly supported in God’s word.

So is pedophilia. Do you know what that is, Lance? Here are some definitions:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls...ne%3Apedophilia

Definitions of pedophilia on the Web:

Sexual attraction to a child; clinically, a person sixteen years of age or older who is at least five years older than the child. Pedophiles will prefer males, females, or both. Generally considered to be an incurable mental disorder.

www.reasoned.org/glossary.htm

(COD) noun. sexual desire directed towards children.

www.anglican.ca/faith/ethics/hsrg/terminology.htm

From its Greek roots, pedophilia implies love of a child ("paidos" + "philia"). In practice, pedophiles are typically adult males with exclusive sexual preferences for prepubescent boys and/or girls. Adult women can be diagnosed as pedophiles as well as some postpubertal adolescents. Pedophilia is not synonomous with child molestation ( pedophilia being a subcategory of child molestation). There are clear and specific criteria for diagnosing pedophilia in the DSM.

www.forensicexaminers.com/terminology.html

A disorder in which a person has fantasies, urges or behaviors that involve sexual activity with a pre-pubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).

my.webmd.com/content/article/46/2953_489.htm

Sexual love of a child by an adult

www.panteraconsulting.com/sexual_words_3.htm

That's right. The Bible supports child-fucking. Don't believe me? Find me one place in the Bible that speaks out against child-fucking. You can't. And guess what?

SILENCE IS COMPLIANCE

You are clearly not reading my posts or have tried to distort them. Go and stand in the corner. LOL

I copied your posts word for word and replied to each and every claim you made, sparky. Just as I am doing now. If you would like to point out where I distorted your posts, please, feel free to. Or do you admit that becoming a Christian does not make one perfect? Or does becoming a Christian make one perfect, as the Bible claims? Which is it, sparky?

‘The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.’

Yeah, um . . . one can easily repent for their actions without fanatasizing about Jesus' wee-wee there, Lance. So once again, what is the fucking point of Christianity?

Thank you for your comments. I could have done without the vulgar expressions but that is what Christians are to expect from those of the world.

To that I say: fuck off, nancyboy. There are places in the world where the words 'penis' and 'vagina,' two medical terms completely devoid of any sexual connotations, are considered vulgar. Vulgarity in language is a matter of perception. Some people think the word 'pregnant' is vulgar. That's their perception. If you think my language is vulgar, I can only tell you to grow the fuck up. Here's what I think is vulgar:

What the Bible says about Non-Christians

They are without God.

"Whosoever ... abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God." -- 2 John 9

They are all antichrists.

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." -- 2 John 7

They should be shunned. Neither marry nor be friends with them.

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? ... Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord." -- 2 Cor.6:14-17

They should be killed.

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you ... Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die." -- Dt.13:6-10

Hmm. So I say 'fuck,' and that's vulgar, but the Bible tells you to shun and kill non-Christians, and that's NOT vulgar? You are disgusting, sir.

OMG, this guy is so mealy-mouthed it's impossible that he could be anything but xian.

Anyway, I like the way he calls anything that disagrees with his point of view satanic. It's an easy out of any reasonable discussion. It's like the witch trials where women would be accused and their property would be seized, but they'd put them through tests first. Ones they could never pass. If by some weird circumstance they DID pass, they were accused of having had help from the devil. Fucked no matter what you did.

When you sit all of the world's religions down side by side, you can very easily see that they are all trying to communicate the same message...

Not from where I'm sitting, little Christbot. In my worldview, a mixture of humanism, Vipassana Buddhism and Ásatrú, the idea of someone being sacrificed for the sake of someone else is seen for the utter crap that it is.

The "gee, I gave up 2/3 of my Passover long weekend" non-sacrifice of the largely mythological Jesus pales in comparison to the suffering that I myself have experienced in my current life.

Don't even get me started on the atrocities that Christians have committed against my family and my partner's family and countless other people over the past 1700 years or so. Hypatia, Giordano Bruno, Galileo, and many more.

And don't try to weasel out with "They were not True Christians™", either. If you label yourself with the C-word, you automatically assume the debts of that particular philosophy. As far as I'm concerned, you and every other Xian on this planet owes a massive and possibly unpayable debt to the descendants of the people your religion has harmed.

I could have done without the vulgar expressions but that is what Christians are to expect from those of the world.

Wait. For. It. :pureevil:

God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what the devil's forked tongue always says when he gets caught sacrificing humans.

I think Lance is a perfect specimen for study. Notice how he speaks the entire party apologetic that we all heard ourselves going through the Christian indoctrination. The programming is standard, and completely lacks in originality in thought.

Lance has been programmed, willingly, perhaps because going the road of finding your own truth is far too difficult a challenge with a lack of a well-rounded, solid education in his neck of the woods? I suppose this is the case. A lack of exposure to knowledge limits growth potential.

Lance, you should hang around here and listen to the independent thinking individuals who participate in these forums. They have, without exception, outgrown Christianity. Few if any of us are "backslidden". We are intelligent, moral individuals whose only "sin" was a desire for truth. Period.

I should correct you on your thinking on one point specifically at this time. I do not reject God. Think of it like the sound of one hand clapping. You have to establish a god exists in order to reject him. I can't reject something that doesn't exist.

Peace. (That's a better wish, because we all agree peace exists, whereas saying God bless to a non-believer is just insulting. You want to win us, start by respecting us.)

I suppose I am a Christian because I never found anything better. I love being eaten by lions but just like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, my Lord always rescues me...

...No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Now let us hear the lions roar!

:woohoo: Oh Boy! Another TrueChristian™! We haven't had one of these in a long time. :woohoo:

I should think that you would do better at attempting to convince folks that at least think they are a Christian to your version of TrueChristianity™

... We have all fallen short of the glory of God. It sounds hopeless, doesn't it?—but God has provided a way out of the dilemma by sending his Son into the world as THE perfect sacrifice for our sins. ‘For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins,’ but the blood of Jesus, the one perfect sacrifice. This shall cover our sins so that God shall remember them no more, but he that believeth on him shall have everlasting life...

I guess then that you haven't read Ezekiel 18 yet.

Lev 4: 18'He shall put some of the blood on the horns of the altar which is before the LORD in the tent of meeting; and all the blood he shall pour out at the base of the altar of burnt offering which is at the doorway of the tent of meeting. 19'He shall remove all its fat from it and offer it up in smoke on the altar. 20'He shall also do with the bull just as he did with the bull of the sin offering; thus he shall do with it So the priest shall make atonement for them, and they will be forgiven.

Lev 19: 20'Now if a man lies carnally with a woman who is a slave acquired for another man, but who has in no way been redeemed nor given her freedom, there shall be punishment; they shall not, however, be put to death, because she was not free. 21'He shall bring his guilt offering to the LORD to the doorway of the tent of meeting, a ram for a guilt offering. 22'The priest shall also make atonement for him with the ram of the guilt offering before the LORD for his sin which he has committed, and the sin which he has committed will be forgiven him.