Goodbye Jesus

Disprove This Nonsense

Ahh!

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
Somebody posted this on a board as proof of nuclear activity in ancient civilizations...

I'd count them as a brand of conspiracy theorist. These people are usually disenfranchised or feel overpowered by society. They latch onto this stuff to make themselves feel more powerful. None of it makes any sense and no amount of disproofs, and facts will ever get them to change their minds. An "ancient society" that used nuclear fusion would have left more than the signs of the zodiac.

I read this thing (although the term "12th planet" made the alarm go off already) until I saw the name "Zecharia Sitchin".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zecharia_Sitchin

'nuff said.

The Bad Astronomer (www.badastronomy.com) has quite a few things to say about Sitchin and the rest of the Planet X gang, too.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/index.html

...and search the name. No further comment needed.

This is what you get when people simply cannot accept that ancient religions were used to explain the world, on whatever level, of the people of that day and nothing more. When someone steps in later and try to put a modern "spin" on it all sorts of strange things can happen (case in point this article or to go back a couple thousand years a little thing called christianity).

mwc

Call me a weirdo, but I enjoy crazy-assed, no-way-in-the-world-it's-true, conspiracy theories like this. Kinda the same way I enjoy Lord of the Rings.

Well, right off the bat I'd say "where in Sinai is this glass valley?" I've looked all over the internet and can't seem to find any reference to it aside from their site.

2nd, I'm very surprised nobody considered metoric impact as the cause. A loose-rock metorite or comet exploding just above the surface (like the one in siberia) would cause just such an effect...

• 4 months later...
Call me a weirdo, but I enjoy crazy-assed, no-way-in-the-world-it's-true, conspiracy theories like this. Kinda the same way I enjoy Lord of the Rings.

:lmao: I can relate!

Two words: Urban Legend

They're fun just to speculate over, and toss out into conversation when you want to satisfy your nagging suspicion that someone present is a complete moron.

Oh man. I got this from the "Know The Ledge" section of the Wu Tang Clan's website. If you love conspiracy theories, that's the place to go. One time, a poster claimed that the moon was invented by the government.