Goodbye Jesus

The Bible Is One Of The Most Advanced Science Books Around

Red_Pyramid

Did anyone else catch the irony in the part where she's explaining Greek gods and says "not very scientific, is it?"

But the best one is the closing quote: "Evolution is a model based on blind faith and hoaxes."

You know, my whole day today has been quite shitty so I would personally like to thank the person who put the link to the video up for making me laugh like hell and cheering me up.

I think she came close to overloading my irony glands...

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I'm actually coming to the conclusion that that video was a joke. No one can be THAT stupid to openly contradict themselves and say that they're more scientific than scientists. Especially the closing quote that I mentioned in my last post.

I'm actually coming to the conclusion that that video was a joke. No one can be THAT stupid to openly contradict themselves and say that they're more scientific than scientists. Especially the closing quote that I mentioned in my last post.

They believe the literal truth of a man coming back from the dead and ascending into heaven... after that, I think believing virtually anything is pretty easy...

They believe the literal truth of a man coming back from the dead and ascending into heaven... after that, I think believing virtually anything is pretty easy...

True. But still... damn :twitch:

Shock Horror,

I go to the Web page mentioned in this paragraph:

Not only is this quote taken out of context, it's cited from another creationist source, which itself reveals itself incapable of dealing with evolution as a theory of genetics. It has to attack via strawman arguments.

I find that it is by Stephen Jones and I am ashamed to find that he is Australian living in Perth, Western Australia. Of course anyone belonging to the Church of Christ would have to be suspect and considered not all there.

At least if I wanted to, I could give him a really bad time and not suffer the consequences that Atheists do in the United "Christian" States of America. Atheists are free citizens of Australia and entitled to be Atheists under tha Law of Australia.

the consequences that Atheists do in the United "Christian" States of America.

Slightly deviating off topic. But I may be getting the oppurtunity to immigrate to the USA soon. I've never been there but I want to hear from the people that live there, is there really THAT much discrimination against atheists there? Is it worse than, let's say, South Africa where they expell you from school if you don't sing three christian songs a day (literally)?

Slightly deviating off topic. But I may be getting the oppurtunity to immigrate to the USA soon. I've never been there but I want to hear from the people that live there, is there really THAT much discrimination against atheists there? Is it worse than, let's say, South Africa where they expell you from school if you don't sing three christian songs a day (literally)?

I guess it depends on where you intend to live and how you intend to "act" as an atheist (not going to church is not even noticed but maybe that's something your community might see as "atheist"...I don't know) but I'd have to say that where I live (Southern California) the answer would be no. In the "Bible Belt" things might differ a bit from my experiences but you aren't expelled for not singing to jesus where I come from (unless you specifically go to a xian school as I did then you can).

mwc

I guess it depends on where you intend to live and how you intend to "act" as an atheist (not going to church is not even noticed but maybe that's something your community might see as "atheist"...I don't know) but I'd have to say that where I live (Southern California) the answer would be no. In the "Bible Belt" things might differ a bit from my experiences but you aren't expelled for not singing to jesus where I come from (unless you specifically go to a xian school as I did then you can).

mwc

Thanks for clearing it up. I've heard many stories about religious oppression in the States and I've experienced it in *puke* South Africa so I wasn't sure how true the American stories were.

It really depends on where you live in the states. Some small town communities you might be singled out all right for being an athesiet. Larger communities and cities you wouldnt really have a problem as things are pretty diverse even in this Christian dominated country.. Of course, the people you surround yourself with can affect that too. A workplace filled with a bunch of Chrisitians may have you singled out.

mwc

Thanks for clearing it up. I've heard many stories about religious oppression in the States and I've experienced it in *puke* South Africa so I wasn't sure how true the American stories were.

From Texas to Tennesse, you'd better lock your doors and have the ACLU on speed dial...