Goodbye Jesus

"the Brethren"

Ahh!

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Weeeeeeeeell, relatively speaking, they do seem harmless. Weird, yes, but harmless.

I still find it amusing, though, how so many conservative groups cling to the KJV so strongly. Like, not only do they have to insist on one particular translation as solely correct, but out of all the ones they could have chosen, they go with probably the worst-translated garbage out there. Bang-up job, I say.

Maybe they appear harmless but I feel any group that claims to be the only way to salvation, as they do, cannot be harmless.

<nitpick>

In a way, of course, one could accuse freethinkers of claiming their way to be The Only One too... :scratch:

I'm not happy with what I'll say now, but... well... seems like cold hard facts that we also need to figure in how exactly this Only Way looks like.

Can't find much wrong with freethought I admit... and depending on how a given cult's Way looks, yes, that can be very dangerous.

</nitpick>

Sorry couldn't resist. Please continue now with whatever you were doing. :)