Goodbye Jesus

Peanut Butter:

PeaceOfMind

At first, I mistook this for an April Fools prank...I was completely wrong. Introducing the Atheist's *new* nightmare - Peanut butter.

So stupid. Yet another display of not understanding the principles of evolution.

Give the jar of peanutbutter a million years of heat and kinetic energy and make sure all chemicals are present, you very well could end up with "peanut-beings".

-edit-

And it's a strawman, Evolution doesn't say life came from peanutbutter, but on the other hand Christian's say life came from dirt, and I have yet to see a human being rising up from a pile of dirt. Hence, same strawman, same result, Creationism is false too. Only Evolution have a backing of scientific study and experiments. Creationism has nothing.

That video should come with a warning that it will kill brain cells.

"The entire food industry relies on evolution being false". Its just so stupid you hardly know where to begin...

Ummmmm.... is he aware that certain chemicals are needed to begin with and not all chemical compounds will do? :twitch:

Plus, the entire food industry relies on evolution because they use natural selection to help breed better, healthier and more stable products. Without evolution, there would be no food industry -- there wouldn't be any life!

Remember, these are simple minded people we're talking about. They're not going to focus on the more minute and important details that support the theory of evolution. Whatever is convenient, as long as it supports their idea, and no matter how ridiculous and far-fetched, they're going with it.

The idea that life is exceedingly difficult to create seems to give creedence to the creationist argument that it is impossible.

Personally, I find the fossil timeline suggestive that the right planetary circumstances will always produce life.

I now grasp why life on Mars could have been possible when the planet was warmer.

The idea that there is life on other planets, some of it highly civilized, seems exceedingly more reasonable than us being alone.

Hence... I suggest... that just maybe there actually was life created in a vat of peanut butter but we just didn't have the microscopes there to watch it happen.

I think I just died a little inside......

:drink::lmao: :lmao: :funny::lmao: :lmao:

And yet another failure to realize that abiogenesis =/= evolution.

Guest SisterFatima

Wow, these people gawk at science yet don't even realize the whole reason their damned peanut butter has no new life is due to chemicals, research, and like the comment above, genetically enhanced plants (viola, evolution).

Lord.

Why does this even bother me, I dunno. Maybe because these people will soon be making laws.

Slight side note but there's probably a shit load of life in that jar anyway, certainly as soon as it was opened but probably before too. Did you know there are 10 times more bacteria cells in your body than human cells. By mass it's in the region of 50%. Most life is a lot smaller than we are.

How do we know that life isn't constantly being created? If there was new life in the jar, it's not like we could just look at it with our naked eyes and see it. Even under a microscope, how would we know it was new life?

Scitsofreak, you're absolutely right. If new life forms did form in the peanut butter it would be microscopic. And consider that when you go down to that level and with the huge amount of particles, it's like finding a planet in a distant galaxy. It's a piece of cake compared to a blind finding a needle in a haystack using gloves and a spatula. So of course they don't see any new life when they open it, it could be there, but they (we) can't see it.

At first, I mistook this for an April Fools prank...I was completely wrong. Introducing the Atheist's *new* nightmare - Peanut butter.

This is just silly. Penut butter is organic. It already contains billions, if not trillions of tiny microscopic organisms, even without an outside life form invading it. The very premise of the argument is flawed.

Guest Bellatrix

The atheist nightmare III: The peanut butter and banana sandwich.

"See, if I put a banana, some peanut butter and sliced bread in a room together, I don't get a sandwich!!1!! It has to be DESIGNED!!1! Therefore, evilution is FALSE!!11! *hyuck hyuck*

A Evilutionists' Postulate:

1. Some apes possess rudimentary IQ's and very basic tool-making abilities.

2. Creationists don't.

3. Therefore, apes evolved from creationists.

Hilarity results when these idiots' "logic" is used against them.

Evolution is not a fairy tale.

The Bible is!!

Why?

There is no evidence at all for creation in 7 days, Adam&Eve, heaven, hell, Noah's flood, the ten plagues of Egypt, a huge tribe travelling in a desert for 40 years, Jesus raising the dead, curing the sick, resurrection, ascension into heaven.

The Koran says Mohammed rode a flying horse into heaven. There is as much reason to believe Mohammed ascended into the sky, as there is for Jesus ascension.

Whoa! That guy is so clever! I guess this proves that god exists. From now on I devote my life to christ because some fat man-bitch pulled a load of shit out of his ass about peanut butter and life not instantaneously popping up.

Once again, the fundies display their stupidity. :Hmm:

Whoa! That guy is so clever! I guess this proves that god exists. From now on I devote my life to christ because some fat man-bitch pulled a load of shit out of his ass about peanut butter and life not instantaneously popping up.

Once again, the fundies display their stupidity. :Hmm:

I find it amazing just how comfortable they are with this state of logic.

For me the disonance cut to my core. When my brethern said something stupid and every one but me is saying, "That's right brother", it was one more nail in the coffin of my faith.

It is really a difficult experience for a logical person to be in an environment like that. You want to eat spiritual meat but it is constantly covered in a foul gravey of illogic.

Thanks for digging that stuff up Gary!

Mongo

Thanks for digging that stuff up Gary!

:woohoo: Always a pleasure dude.... wait, what stuff exactly? The quote or the video? If it's the video, the credit goes to "Impulse 9". The ones that I dug up are on another thread. But if you're refering to the other thread, then I can say that in all honesty, I enjoy digging up those fundie vids because they make me laugh like hell. (no pun intended)

The videos that I dug up are here.

The atheist nightmare III: The peanut butter and banana sandwich.

"See, if I put a banana, some peanut butter and sliced bread in a room together, I don't get a sandwich!!1!! It has to be DESIGNED!!1! Therefore, evilution is FALSE!!11! *hyuck hyuck*

A Evilutionists' Postulate:

1. Some apes possess rudimentary IQ's and very basic tool-making abilities.

2. Creationists don't.

3. Therefore, apes evolved from creationists.

Hilarity results when these idiots' "logic" is used against them.

ROFL! :thanks: