Goodbye Jesus

Fucking Westboro Baptist Church

riverbank

I'm sure the majority of you are aware of this crazy sect, so I don't need to go into too much detail.

Things that were really disgusting were:

The church people picketing the funeral of a soldier who was serving his country in Iraq, I think. Their 'logic' was that God had judged him because he was fighting for America and God hates America, or something. Fuck me, if somebody did that at a funeral of friend or family, I'd fucking punch their lights out.

Of course, there was homophobic insults - on the lines of 'Fags destroy this country'.

One of the guys said that he rejoiced when people went to hell, when people got knocked down by a car, when people got cancer.

The general theme seemed to be about God's judgement .. sounded a bit like the gawd of the Old Testament.

People like this are just not worthy to be considered human beings as far as I'm concerned.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

I caught the second half of the documentary the other night, and even though I'd seen and read a fair bit about the WBC before, it never ceases to sicken me.

One thing that struck me was the way in which every single member had the same way of talking about things, and exactly the same handful of arguments. The daughters and even the mother were just regurgitating the idiocy that had been fed to them. I felt particularly sorry for the younger kids, who were obviously at a stage where they were only starting to be indoctrinated.

I was quite confused by the repeated reference to Fred Phelps, the pastor, as 'charismatic'. When I saw him preach and answer questions, I didn't find anything appealing about him at all. But, of course, to his brainwashed family he must be.

It enfuriated me that they were so warped that the more people fought against them, the more they thought they were right because it fed into their martyr complexes and twisted view of reality.

Well I've read Pastor Phelp's bio. I think we're dealing with a genuinely sick man, the kind of sadist bastard that would delight in bringing pain on others and still gutless enough to slight fair retaliation at every angle, whether he'd found Jesus or not.

Just look at the way he treats his own inbred family. Total domination. He starved, beat, and worked his own children nearly to death, for God knows what reason other than to satisfy his sadist drives. He's just pure evil.

I think it really shows something that even the most fundamentalist ministers in this country think he's scum, and not just for his anti-American acts, just because he feels no real, actual drive to evangelize, or even do a damned bit of good. Just appear in public, make himself look big and important, and exercise complete, fear-driven control of his family and followers.

His escaped kids say that his religion really is a cover-up, a poor-assed excuse for his behavior that the vast majority of sane people out there, even Christians, don't buy. He just protests at funerals and cusses out homosexuals because that's a great way to hurt as many people as possible with as little retaliation back. If he truly was out to show gays the error of their lifestyles, why does he use cursewords and the most hurtful language possible?

Naw, just an evil bastard. Really the only religious thing about him that bothers me is that he's allowed to do all this shit as a so-called religious leader. Albeit he lives in a concrete compound and his little group are watched like hawks every time they appear in public.

I tell you the craziest Phelps family quote ever came from daughter Shirley. She stated that there was nothing innocent about the Amish children who were gunned down in their school house. She stated it was the wrath of God showing the error in their ways. It really does such that there isn't a hell sometimes doesn't it?

Yeah, sometimes it sucks that there isn't a hell.

But then, I wouldn't want to be a member of the Phelps clan for the world. As much as they suck, how much more would it suck to actually be them?

I take enough solace in knowing that their very names will probably be forgotten in a thousand years - despite all their hollering and protesting and hoopla, they will slip into a godless oblivion at death, and the world will one day never even know they existed.

They're sick, pathetic people, and they're going to live every minute of their short, pathetic lives that way, with no heavenly reward waiting for them, though they so eagerly anticipate it. Somehow I get a perverse satisfaction out of that.

:pureevil:

Every time I hear about the Phelps clan I seethe with anger. Since Fred Phelps obviously has the cojones to rant ,curse and picket the deceased at their funerals...the one thing I can say (and I hope) is that ..it's only a matter of time....